jsand78

evidence of relationship

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

how much proof of relationship information should you submit during the interview? my fiance and i have been together for almost three years. we have tons of emails (probably 600+ between the two of us), letters, and phone records, in addition to other documents. my question is, how many e-mails should we submit? is there such a thing as too much?

how much proof of relationship information should you submit during the interview? my fiance and i have been together for almost three years. we have tons of emails (probably 600+ between the two of us), letters, and phone records, in addition to other documents. my question is, how many e-mails should we submit? is there such a thing as too much?

There certainly can be 'too much' - not in a necessarily bad way, but just in an overwhelming way.

When you have this much evidence it is best to simply use 'important' pieces to submit - such as birthday, holiday, anniversary etc. letter/emails (as opposed to normal every day ones). This helps eliminate a majority of the bulk.

The line of thinking should be to show what you're wanting to support (relationship for example) without drowning them - no one is going to 'flip through' 600 emails... Keep it simple but make your point. :thumbs:

Phone records seem to hold more water than emails. Submit all you have and then 2 or 3 representive emails a month. A couple chats and screen print a month also.

That's what we did with all the snail mails and the CO only looked at the phone records and a couple snail mails . My wife had a briefcase full of other emails and chats standing by just in case. Were'nt needed tho.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I would also certainly include anything that talks about the two of you getting married, and plans for living a life together. Tim and I have done that quite a bit.

Unfortunately, there's not too much "snail" mail, as gifts and such were always brought along whenever we saw each other. So I'm hoping that phone records, ( he usually calls me ), and the fact that we talk online ( for hours!!), will do, along with the emails.

Hope you journey continues to go well for you.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP is dealing with Ghana, which is a high-fraud post rivaled by few. In THIS instance, I would bring EVERY piece of substantial information that you have, semi-organize it (i.e., e-mails by subject), and cram it all under the Plexiglass window with an announcement of what everything is: "These are our phone records -- total of $_____ spent, average of ___ calls per week over ___ months. This batch of ___ e-mails (count them beforehand and say the number as you hand them over!) discusses how we determined our mutual compatibility. This batch of ___ e-mails deal with our ___ (number of) visits. This batch..." etc.

It sounds as though there is an admirable amount of evidence. It is important that YOU set the tone by making it clear that there is no doubt about the validity, strength, and length of your relationship. It is important that you announce the evidence that you have, because everything that you do in the consulate will be audiotaped and videotaped. Get it on record!

If you turn the evidence over to a FSN (Foreign-Service National, meaning a native of Ghana who is employed by the consulate), make sure that you have a master list of everything that you'll be giving over, so that you can hand that list to the actual consul who will be performing the interview. You can say, "Sir/ma'am, here is the breadth, depth, and extent of the evidence of our relationship that we presented today at the window. I'll be pleased to discuss everything that most interests you. Would you like to talk about the photos, the phone records, or the e-mails first?" Put HIM OR HER in the position of reacting, while leaving no doubt of the foregone conclusion: that the visa will be issued.

This will all work to your benefit, and it will help your confidence. It goes without saying that both of you should be there for the interview, with the American half staying as close to the interview area as is allowed.

Also, as you are going through your e-mails, you can strike out any overly personal parts with a black marker.

My recommendations above are for an interview at any very high-fraud post. Please attend to specific details and hints that may come from others who have interviewed recently at YOUR consulate.

Finally, have you created a VJ timeline?

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.