tantan

Medical Exam

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Recently called, the number for Doctors that do these exams..which was provided for me on the paper. when i called 'em they gave me another number to call.. a clinic, i called that clinic, they tell me, "we don't we those exams here."

i'm confused now.

If anyone has gone through this process and lives near Ottawa or Montreal, and knows what to do to get the exam. If you would be so kind to shed some light on this situation.

(also, if you're not from Canada, refrain from posting. thank you!)

Woman, girls back to our kitchens!

Recently called, the number for Doctors that do these exams..which was provided for me on the paper. when i called 'em they gave me another number to call.. a clinic, i called that clinic, they tell me, "we don't we those exams here."

i'm confused now.

If anyone has gone through this process and lives near Ottawa or Montreal, and knows what to do to get the exam. If you would be so kind to shed some light on this situation.

Hopefully they didn't give you the wrong listing. It was just updated in October 2008. Here's a link. It has the medical examiners listed on the sheet.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-ME...L-0001-0810.pdf

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm confused now.

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to the canadian regional where there's expertise in this area.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i'm confused now.

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures General Discussion to the canadian regional where there's expertise in this area.

We Canadians do venture outside of our area sometimes you know charles! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

no, they didn't. That's the same page i have..i had called

Dr. Howard Seiden & Associates, the one in montreal.

which they gave me a number to contact, but

when i called, the clinic said that they didnt do that exam

here. Which completely confused me, why would they

give me a number that wouldn't help me out.

I have no idea! Glad they sent you the right list though. You might try calling again and see if you can speak to someone else there, perhaps that particular staff wasn't aware that they do them. If you still get the same response, please tell them that the "clinic" says they don't do them either, and see what they have to say. Perhaps you want to email Mtl. and ask them if there are changes again? Make sure if you email the Consulate that you put your case number in the subject line, and I'd put URGENT on the subject line as well. I believe there is another Montreal Dr. that does the medicals is there not? Medisys Health Group?

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

i've already called both places... i'm just waiting on the call back now. i sent an email as well to "Dr. Howard Seiden & Associates" and if i don't get a good definite answer where i can book an appointment i'll email the consulate

I have no idea! Glad they sent you the right list though. You might try calling again and see if you can speak to someone else there, perhaps that particular staff wasn't aware that they do them. If you still get the same response, please tell them that the "clinic" says they don't do them either, and see what they have to say. Perhaps you want to email Mtl. and ask them if there are changes again? Make sure if you email the Consulate that you put your case number in the subject line, and I'd put URGENT on the subject line as well. I believe there is another Montreal Dr. that does the medicals is there not? Medisys Health Group?

Yes your right, Medisys does do them in Montreal. That's where I am going. I didn't try the Seldon one.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm confused now.

Hey, TanTan!

FYI... the number to make an appointment in Montreal and Toronto are the same number for Dr. Seiden. How do I know this? Because I tried it. I got the same woman in Toronto both times - when I called the Montreal number and the Toronto number. Not only that, but I was in Dr. Seiden's office the day of the medical exam and asked that exact question - I tried calling Montreal and you answered here. She said, yes, because that (Toronto) was the main office.

So, here's my suggestion. Call the Toronto number (I believe there is an 866 number) and you can discuss appointments in Montreal.

Taken from Dr. Seiden's Website.

Montreal Appointment Times

Appointment Times:

Appointments are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. You must make an appointment for the specific day.

Documents:

If you do not wish to return to pick up your documents, which will normally be available in 48 hours, you may have them sent to you by courier. The cost of the courier is $50.00 anywhere in Ontario and $125.00 outside of Ontario and anywhere in the United States. You may elect to come back and pick the documents up on the day they are ready (two days after the medical) or any day after that is more convenient for you. You may also have another person pick them up for you, if you indicate so on the day of your medical.

Scheduling:

If there is some difficulty in scheduling an appointment during the above times, call our receptionist at 416-362-5603 or (toll-free) 1-866-362-5603 and we will endeavor to make another arrangement for you.

Just so you know, some of us that don't live in Canada do have information regarding the Medical Exam, so it kinda hurts when you ask those not from Canada to not respond. So, just as a head's up... you just might want to post your question and I promise, here, you'll get good answers to the questions you ask. They're all good people! :thumbs:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

i'm confused now.

Hey, TanTan!

FYI... the number to make an appointment in Montreal and Toronto are the same number for Dr. Seiden. How do I know this? Because I tried it. I got the same woman in Toronto both times - when I called the Montreal number and the Toronto number. Not only that, but I was in Dr. Seiden's office the day of the medical exam and asked that exact question - I tried calling Montreal and you answered here. She said, yes, because that (Toronto) was the main office.

So, here's my suggestion. Call the Toronto number (I believe there is an 866 number) and you can discuss appointments in Montreal.

Taken from Dr. Seiden's Website.

Montreal Appointment Times

Appointment Times:

Appointments are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. You must make an appointment for the specific day.

Documents:

If you do not wish to return to pick up your documents, which will normally be available in 48 hours, you may have them sent to you by courier. The cost of the courier is $50.00 anywhere in Ontario and $125.00 outside of Ontario and anywhere in the United States. You may elect to come back and pick the documents up on the day they are ready (two days after the medical) or any day after that is more convenient for you. You may also have another person pick them up for you, if you indicate so on the day of your medical.

Scheduling:

If there is some difficulty in scheduling an appointment during the above times, call our receptionist at 416-362-5603 or (toll-free) 1-866-362-5603 and we will endeavor to make another arrangement for you.

Just so you know, some of us that don't live in Canada do have information regarding the Medical Exam, so it kinda hurts when you ask those not from Canada to not respond. So, just as a head's up... you just might want to post your question and I promise, here, you'll get good answers to the questions you ask. They're all good people! :thumbs:

That's a lovely thing for you to say July09Bride! I think why the OP mentioned this was more to do by the fact that it was posted in another forum at first, so it was fair game for anyone to reply. charles moved it to the Canada forum after I first replied in another forum. You're an honourary Canadian now, so yes, you can respond! Your flag says it all m'dear. ;)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

i knew that offices from montreal and toronto were the same..the problem was, the number they gave me to call to make the appointment at the time ..the receptionist told me that they don't do the medical exams for immigration and what not.

I emailed Dr.seiden & associate from the website. they told me exactly who to ask for...and i got my appointment just fine now.

and i asked for only canadians only, 'cause i didn't want people from other countries how they did it...it wouldn't be really relevant to me..how they applied for an appointment in their country. i wasn't trying to offend anyone..just get a clear and precise answer..

'cause the last time i asked a question..too many people responded, and it kept coming up on " it depends how things are done in your country, you should ask your consulate". so i wasn't too thrilled. so to say.

but thanks for all you're replies..

ciao-meng.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
i knew that offices from montreal and toronto were the same..the problem was, the number they gave me to call to make the appointment at the time ..the receptionist told me that they don't do the medical exams for immigration and what not.

I emailed Dr.seiden & associate from the website. they told me exactly who to ask for...and i got my appointment just fine now.

and i asked for only canadians only, 'cause i didn't want people from other countries how they did it...it wouldn't be really relevant to me..how they applied for an appointment in their country. i wasn't trying to offend anyone..just get a clear and precise answer..

'cause the last time i asked a question..too many people responded, and it kept coming up on " it depends how things are done in your country, you should ask your consulate". so i wasn't too thrilled. so to say.

but thanks for all you're replies..

ciao-meng.

TanTan, SOOOO glad things worked out for you! Good luck with your medical exam! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.