t-bag

I'm jus confused :S

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
I'm asking about fiance visa cuz my gf wants me to live with her in orlando and I'm afghan 19yrs but I was born and raised up in saudi arabia and I neevr been outside it and I lived my life in makkah and now i'm a college student but my gf 19 yrs a mom of baby(im not the dad), she asked me to move on with her and live in orlando florida so I was wondering whats the best thing to do and if fiance visa is the best way for it cuz we haven't meet ever and they say we most met but mabe the place I live in won't allowed us to met and stuffs, and now I study in college and I don't work so I'm kinda afraid if that will mind somethin and cuz im afghan livin n saudi, do you think that would make it hard for me and my gf cuz i really luv her and she do the same and many of ma friends told me that we most meet cuz its true young luv :) but I dunno whats the best thing to do now and I dunno how much it will coast me and if it needs me to have a credit card or sumthin :( and I hope you ppl tell me whats the best to do and I would be so thankful :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Here is some background on the differences in many fiance/spousal immigration options:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

I wish you luck in what ever path you choose to pursue :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
Here is some background on the differences in many fiance/spousal immigration options:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

I wish you luck in what ever path you choose to pursue :).

thank you very much sir

but I wonder if we choosed the fiance visa , do you think it will take long time for ma case and do you its better if she use a lawyer from her area in orlando cuz I heard using lawyer would be so helpful and how much do u think he will get!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You will need to meet before you can apply for the fiance visa. You can apply for a tourist visa to the USA, but it would probably easier for your girlfriend to come visit you, or maybe meet in a third country such as Europe. The fact that you are a citizen of one country but living in another will have no influence on the visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
You will need to meet before you can apply for the fiance visa. You can apply for a tourist visa to the USA, but it would probably easier for your girlfriend to come visit you, or maybe meet in a third country such as Europe. The fact that you are a citizen of one country but living in another will have no influence on the visa.

well I thought about meetin her in a close country(UAE-Dubai) and that would be easier for of us...and I heard that the important thing about the meetin situation is showin'em some pics to proof that ur serious and I dunno if its able to me to go back home after the marrige and continue my college studing??!!

well I thought about meetin her in a close country(UAE-Dubai) and that would be easier for of us...and I heard that the important thing about the meetin situation is showin'em some pics to proof that ur serious and I dunno if its able to me to go back home after the marrige and continue my college studing??!!

Have you considered having her come live with you, get married, then after you satisfy the embassy requirements, do a Direct Consulate Filing (DCF)?

If you manage to get the K-1, you would have to wait till you get the AP to leave again, which can take 90 days.

You also will have to consider the adjustment of status process.

Another option you can do is get married when you meet, and she can do a K-3/CR-1 visa on you when your ready to immigrate to the states.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Have you considered having her come live with you, get married, then after you satisfy the embassy requirements, do a Direct Consulate Filing (DCF)?

If you manage to get the K-1, you would have to wait till you get the AP to leave again, which can take 90 days.

You also will have to consider the adjustment of status process.

Another option you can do is get married when you meet, and she can do a K-3/CR-1 visa on you when your ready to immigrate to the states.

well I was thinkin about Direct Consulate Filing (DCF) but I dunno what should I do exactly cuz I've read the steps in the box but im still confused about which Consulate(mine or her)???

can you tell me about the steps from the start-end and I would luv to hear if theres anyone had this situation be4 :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The guides are your friend

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=dcf

Once married, your wife will need to follow the steps for YOUR country (I assume Saudi Arabia) to become a legal resident. After 6 months of her being a resident, she can petition for you at the US embassy in Saudi Arabia.

As for anyone being in your situaiton, there is a WHOLE forum for DCF. Lots of people to help you.

Good luck on your journey.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.