AllanPoe

Does previous Visa requests affect Current one?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

Last year I met a girl from Colombia and we requested a tourist Visa for her and it was denied.

This year I will marry another girl from Colombia and will request a K-1 Visa in April.

Does the previous request for a tourist Visa affect my K-1 Visa request?

Thank you and have a great day.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 2009-05-20

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-08

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-15

Interview Date 18 FEB 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I don't think so Allan. The Tourist Visa was applied for mainly by her, no? The K-1 is different in that, the main petitioner is YOU, not her. Once its approved, only then will she have to fill out another DS156. Since the girl is different, she wont be recognized by the embassy folks either. You should genuinely be engaged though, having met her, and having proposed.

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/19/10 - EAD Card Received

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

10/30/09 - Civil Marriage

10/24/09 - Entry/I-94 start

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

Timeline
I don't think so Allan. The Tourist Visa was applied for mainly by her, no? The K-1 is different in that, the main petitioner is YOU, not her. Once its approved, only then will she have to fill out another DS156. Since the girl is different, she wont be recognized by the embassy folks either. You should genuinely be engaged though, having met her, and having proposed.

Yeah I Met her last month and am going down to Colombia again this month for 10 days. I am also going to go to Colombia in June. I dont know If I should apply after my June trip or After this trip. Dont know if 2 trips is enough or three.

We are planning to get married at the end of this year.

and yes the tourist Visa was applied for by my Colombian Friend, but used me as a reference last year.

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Interview Date 18 FEB 10

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yeah I Met her last month and am going down to Colombia again this month for 10 days. I am also going to go to Colombia in June. I dont know If I should apply after my June trip or After this trip. Dont know if 2 trips is enough or three.

We are planning to get married at the end of this year.

and yes the tourist Visa was applied for by my Colombian Friend, but used me as a reference last year.

The K1 visa requires the marriage take place in the USA after the K1 visa is in hand and within 90 days of its use. The end of this year would be barely possible if you filed the petition today. You won't "apply for" anything. She applies for the visa after your petition is approved.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She applied for the visa, not you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Allan, for your petition to be approved, 1 trip is enough, although 2, or 3 definitely reduce chances of getting a request for evidence, which would slow down your petition.

If you saved your plane ticket, and are engaged, and have other evidence like phone records, and photos, you have enough to file your petition now--which i would do to save time.

It takes 4 months to get approved if you are lucky. Then, its her turn to apply for the K-1, based on your approved petition, which would take another couple of months to get an interview. Either way you are looking at 6 to 8 months.

The benefit of K-1, is you can start the clock right away, and you have enough evidence.

If you wait, and then go there, and get married, you would file for a K-3-Spousal visa, instead of the K-1, and you would have to wait 6 to 8 months from that point. So doing a K-1, is better in that you start your 6-8 month clock right away.

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

Timeline
Allan, for your petition to be approved, 1 trip is enough, although 2, or 3 definitely reduce chances of getting a request for evidence, which would slow down your petition.

If you saved your plane ticket, and are engaged, and have other evidence like phone records, and photos, you have enough to file your petition now--which i would do to save time.

It takes 4 months to get approved if you are lucky. Then, its her turn to apply for the K-1, based on your approved petition, which would take another couple of months to get an interview. Either way you are looking at 6 to 8 months.

The benefit of K-1, is you can start the clock right away, and you have enough evidence.

If you wait, and then go there, and get married, you would file for a K-3-Spousal visa, instead of the K-1, and you would have to wait 6 to 8 months from that point. So doing a K-1, is better in that you start your 6-8 month clock right away.

Thank you, I want to start the clock right away, I will apply next month for the k-1 Visa then, as we are getting Married in Colombia in November. I am doing this to save time, to have her here close to when we get married.

In regards to proof i have MSN historiy, millions of photos, phone records, calling card records, facebook posts and messages, email records, plane ticket receipts, hotel receipts. We will attend a pre marriage class next saturday at the church, so I will have that certificate too. Hopefully that is enough, what do you guys think?

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Interview Date 18 FEB 10

Timeline

That seems plenty to me. You only need no more than 10 photos. Remember to date, and put names and locations on back of each photo---I forgot to do that on mine....hope i don't get an RFE for that hehe--on that search engine above, type in "Step by Step Fiance Visa".

Its really good, and its more accurate info you would get than from any attorney....

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.