Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
ciao..........missy, so we should call NVC all the time, NOW??? i'm getting tired and thinking that its never going to happen soon enough for me.........maybe i should just pack up and move to Italy ,,then get married and wait there with my baby till it goes through and come back........I dont think i'll last another 2-3 months without him , im getting so depressed , and I'm getting OLD here waiting,,,,,UUUFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :crying:

We've waited this long....what's a few more weeks?? Hang in there!!!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I know......you are right missy, it will be OK, in a few weeks, we will all be dancing :dance: , life is short, no time to be depressed,,,,,,i'm better now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Timeline
I know......you are right missy, it will be OK, in a few weeks, we will all be dancing :dance: , life is short, no time to be depressed,,,,,,i'm better now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you

That's okay - Richard gave me a VIRTUAL slap a week or so ago and told me to get a grip....it helped! We just don't have that much longer to go. And yes, she told me to call every day and ask. I called today.....nothing. It doesn't hurt and it actually made me feel pretty good to call them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
hi everyone..

im just saying bye to everyone!

my fiance broke up with today!

the wait for this visa was too long for her!

she and i were sick of waiting but she got tired of waiting to soon!

we met january 2008 and i went there for 1 month twice!

immigration ruined my life................

its been 106 days since our noa1

5 months and 13 days since i have seen her

and i will never see her again

very sad

i need to get that ring back and

move on

this blows

at least im out and you all can be with who you love faster!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

good luck everyone

im dead inside now!

I have to agree with the comments here... NOTHING... and I repeat NOTHING is worth fighting for more than love. This process does take its toll on us all. I think the younger the couple the harder it is..... My advise is to give her a day or two to calm down and speak with her. Speak calmly and patiently. Listen to what she is REALLY saying (something not always easy to do) Even ask what she is really saying... really feeling... I have found many times in life (when it comes to women) that sometimes they just need someone to be strong for them... stick up for them... renew their confidence. If you two really are in love, you will find a way to deal with and fix it.... and if not.... (and I hate to sound cold) better to find out now.

Good luck

PS... do NOT mention the ring!!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
hi everyone..

im just saying bye to everyone!

my fiance broke up with today!

the wait for this visa was too long for her!

she and i were sick of waiting but she got tired of waiting to soon!

we met january 2008 and i went there for 1 month twice!

immigration ruined my life................

its been 106 days since our noa1

5 months and 13 days since i have seen her

and i will never see her again

very sad

i need to get that ring back and

move on

this blows

at least im out and you all can be with who you love faster!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

good luck everyone

im dead inside now!

I have to agree with the comments here... NOTHING... and I repeat NOTHING is worth fighting for more than love. This process does take its toll on us all. I think the younger the couple the harder it is..... My advise is to give her a day or two to calm down and speak with her. Speak calmly and patiently. Listen to what she is REALLY saying (something not always easy to do) Even ask what she is really saying... really feeling... I have found many times in life (when it comes to women) that sometimes they just need someone to be strong for them... stick up for them... renew their confidence. If you two really are in love, you will find a way to deal with and fix it.... and if not.... (and I hate to sound cold) better to find out now.

Good luck

PS... do NOT mention the ring!!!!

thanks richard joanna,

i got an email today at work and she said to go online to talk for a bit.

i went on and she wants to know how i am?

hows my mom?

did i throw away all our stuff?

how was my day going?

how was my lunch and what did i eat?

JUST like when we were together....

then i asked her if that is what she meant by talkin for a bit?

she gave me a :)

and said i asked you a question first.

but i had to go back to work so i said i have to go

she said no wait talk...

i said i cant bye.

i dont know but im not going to throw everything away yet

but i ahve some decisions to make soon.

i need a new car and i was waiting so we can get a practical "family" car

but i dont need to save money and have a practical car if im single...

i hope she makes up her mind quick becuase

I CANT

sleep

eat

talk

study

smile

laugh

i just know i love her so so so much that ill wait it out to see what happens.

once we get the NOA2 ill just call her and tell her we got the approval and its up to her to do someting with packet 3.

i had called her sister last night when i got home and talked to her for 30 minutes.

she said they all love me and its out of their power.

that i can go and visit anytime.

her sister is getting married the end of january so "WE" were suppose to go but maybe ill go to it by myself and say my farewell to them all.

shes never been to the usa , so she knows me and talked to my family and friends...

i went there for 2 months and i met grams aunts uncles cousins sisters

brother mom dad friends

its not easy to forget them all

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i didnt think this would ever happen to me.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Faith. Don't take this the wrong way, but this sounds like teenager stuff. I say not to take it wrong because Amy and I both act like teenagers a lot, mostly in a good way. Call it what you will, but I call it being in love.

But that mind-set can also lead to a level if immaturity like wanting the other to make the first move, wanting to get your way, etc. Rather than responding in kind, be the more mature one and just flat-out tell her how much she means to you, what you really want (hopefully her), and how you're feeling.

I can't promise she'll respond the way you want. But again, at least you'll know you gave it your best shot and were honest both with her, and with yourself.

Keep us updated and best of luck.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Timeline
Faith. Don't take this the wrong way, but this sounds like teenager stuff. I say not to take it wrong because Amy and I both act like teenagers a lot, mostly in a good way. Call it what you will, but I call it being in love.

But that mind-set can also lead to a level if immaturity like wanting the other to make the first move, wanting to get your way, etc. Rather than responding in kind, be the more mature one and just flat-out tell her how much she means to you, what you really want (hopefully her), and how you're feeling.

I can't promise she'll respond the way you want. But again, at least you'll know you gave it your best shot and were honest both with her, and with yourself.

Keep us updated and best of luck.

I have to agree with Stan here... and I will take it a little bit further in that how you say the conversation went is an indication that she OVER reacted to something and doesn't know what to do to get back where she was... or is NEEDING you to say... STOP! I CANT let you go.

Oh, and by the way, this is Richard... Joanna is the better looking of the two of us... Which by the way, I posted new pics from her visit. I just put her on the plane an hour ago.... I am so sad... I HATE having to say good bye! C'mon USCIS hurry up! (vent over)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I agree with Stan and Richard. I mostly think that she wants you to tell her that you can't live without her and you won't let go or give up. I advise you to not talk about that ring anymore and only talk about how much you love her.

Richard!! I love the prom picture! Actually, you guys are a beautiful couple!! I know you had a great visit and we are glad you are back!

Stan, you are so wise....really.

I'm off to Copenhagen on the 20th and I absolutely cannot sit still these days! I haven't seen Lars since January 12, 2009, 10:30 a.m.....but I haven't been keeping up with EXACTLY how long since I've seen him, that's just a close approximation of the time!

How are the rest of us doing? Everyone hanging in there? I was so happy that NatPenBen got her approval today!!! YAY NAT!

Timeline

i understand what all you are saying.

its just before me she was all about her family/friends/culture and counrty.

and we talked in the beginning and i went there and now that she has had to think about

what shes doing in her life she is getting scared.

we tried to get her a tourist visa but she couldnt get one because she was

in school and not working no house

basically no tie downs to want to go back.

she has to get married when she gets here...

she cant come and see if my parents like her

friends like her, if she likes boston,ma...

i COULD go there and see her parents/friends and everything.

i have talked to her older very respected sister in the last 2 days

and i have to give her space

she needs to feel what it would be like without me...

she needs space

its soo hard for me but i have to do it.

i know we will be together , this is just a bump in the road.

:thumbs:

so enough about me!

wheres VSC!!! i wish i could work there to help speed the process for so many people that wait( like us)!!

Come On NOA2!

thanks again everyone...

i know we are both only 24 but this is by far the hardest thing we have had to do in our 24 years of being on this fine earth.

and to have people to help you get throguh this is much apperciated!

Rebeca(fortaleza,brasil) and 14 hour plane ride away David (Boston,Ma,usa)

Timeline
I agree with Stan and Richard. I mostly think that she wants you to tell her that you can't live without her and you won't let go or give up. I advise you to not talk about that ring anymore and only talk about how much you love her.

Richard!! I love the prom picture! Actually, you guys are a beautiful couple!! I know you had a great visit and we are glad you are back!

Stan, you are so wise....really.

I'm off to Copenhagen on the 20th and I absolutely cannot sit still these days! I haven't seen Lars since January 12, 2009, 10:30 a.m.....but I haven't been keeping up with EXACTLY how long since I've seen him, that's just a close approximation of the time!

How are the rest of us doing? Everyone hanging in there? I was so happy that NatPenBen got her approval today!!! YAY NAT!

Thank you Missy!

I am glad to hear you are off to see Lars.... I am happy for you.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

and we talked in the beginning and i went there and now that she has had to think about

she needs space

so enough about me!

wheres VSC!!! i wish i could work there to help speed the process for so many people that wait( like us)!!

Come On NOA2!

thanks again everyone...

i know we are both only 24 but this is by far the hardest thing we have had to do in our 24 years of being on this fine earth.

wow ive been gone for a bit and everyone's back lol i agree with richard-joanna; this is worth fighting for an dyou know what; we are also a young couple, my fiance and i; we're still both 23 and yes, it is true the younger the couple is, the harder it is; and i too have sort of experienced soemthing like that; i too have behaved somewhat like your fiancee; in the sense that all throughout this wait since april, ive always been getting depressed and all coz it's so hard being away and all and you know what helped a lot is that my fiance is always being strong for both us. my advise to you is be the stronger person in the relationship and make her feel safe that even if she's getting "wedding jitters" which i think it is, it doesn't matter because all you want is her; tell her you can't live your life without her and that you need her most right now, ask her to be strong, tell her you need her so much because that's how much she means to you and how much you love her; She wants/needs stuff like this so she can be stronger, reassure her about your love and make her feel secure that no matter how far you both are from each other you can make it, and you will try your hardest to make everything work coz this is all you want;

my fiance, whenever i feel really bad and depressed coz of all this, he always reassures me, and i feel all better;and even too at times he feels so sad being so far away, we both cry and we talk and it makes everything feel alright; tomorrow will be another day you both have to endure being away from each other. don't try and give her "space" coz it will make her think you don't want her that bad, give her more attention actually because she is being needy rigth now, and you can help her through this, let her feel that in everythign and everytime she feels like this you are the one person in the world who can make her feel safe again; communicate communicate and communicate! communication is key, and dont just tell her you need to go to work, tell her you love her soo much; let her know that you can forget about work if it means she needs you at the moment and  that will help her; then when both of you feel sad and all, talk about your plans together for teh future; remind her of how your saving to buy that family car; that honestly, will help strengthen her and most of all; pray together coz that will giv eyou strength

i hoep it all works out and you get to talk and you can bear with all this stress right now; 

it's also been 6 months since i last saw my fiance and it sucks a lot but we communicate as much as possible and believe me it helps so much :)

hope i was some help :) God bless and i too will pray for both you and your fiancee

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline

she needs space

so enough about me!

Come On NOA2!

thanks again everyone...

wow ive been gone for a bit and everyone's back lol i agree with richard-joanna; this is worth fighting for an dyou know what; we are also a young couple, my fiance and i; we're still both 23 and yes, it is true the younger the couple is, the harder it is; and i too have sort of experienced soemthing like that; i too have behaved somewhat like your fiancee; in the sense that all throughout this wait since april, ive always been getting depressed and all coz it's so hard being away and all and you know what helped a lot is that my fiance is always being strong for both us. my advise to you is be the stronger person in the relationship and make her feel safe that even if she's getting "wedding jitters" which i think it is, it doesn't matter because all you want is her; tell her you can't live your life without her and that you need her most right now, ask her to be strong, tell her you need her so much because that's how much she means to you and how much you love her; She wants/needs stuff like this so she can be stronger, reassure her about your love and make her feel secure that no matter how far you both are from each other you can make it, and you will try your hardest to make everything work coz this is all you want;

my fiance, whenever i feel really bad and depressed coz of all this, he always reassures me, and i feel all better;and even too at times he feels so sad being so far away, we both cry and we talk and it makes everything feel alright; tomorrow will be another day you both have to endure being away from each other. don't try and give her "space" coz it will make her think you don't want her that bad, give her more attention actually because she is being needy rigth now, and you can help her through this, let her feel that in everythign and everytime she feels like this you are the one person in the world who can make her feel safe again; communicate communicate and communicate! communication is key, and dont just tell her you need to go to work, tell her you love her soo much; let her know that you can forget about work if it means she needs you at the moment and  that will help her; then when both of you feel sad and all, talk about your plans together for teh future; remind her of how your saving to buy that family car; that honestly, will help strengthen her and most of all; pray together coz that will giv eyou strength

i hoep it all works out and you get to talk and you can bear with all this stress right now; 

it's also been 6 months since i last saw my fiance and it sucks a lot but we communicate as much as possible and believe me it helps so much :)

hope i was some help :) God bless and i too will pray for both you and your fiancee

Michey and Odessa

thank you so much

Timeline

she needs space

so enough about me!

Come On NOA2!

thanks again everyone...

Michey and Odessa

thank you so much

i just wrote a long email pouring out my heart and now ill see what happens. thats all i can do :blush: :blush: :wacko::thumbs:

well, hopefully she knows how serious you are about all this, coz sometimes women just need reassurance hehe... this is one of those trying times and you'll be able to look back and tell yourselves, you both really can't live without each other :)

and all this waiting is gonna end and pretty soon you'll be in each other's arms :) i do pray that everything will be alright

and you know what, im pretty sure how lucky she is to have someone so in love with her..

but just give her time and don't stop communicating with her; maybe she also just misses the honeymoon stage of the relationship, if you need to, court her again, send her flowers or something lol women love that lol

God bless..

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Missy - I too was thrilled about NPB. Long overdue and it felt like a milestone had been reached. So happy to know you'll see Lars soon. I imagine you're feeling those teenager feelings (the butterflies, etc) about now! I get that way vicariously when I think of it.

Richard - Great pictures! I know it must be a downer to see her leave. But that's probably the last time you'll have to say goodbye under these circumstances.

David - Nice going with the email. You already sound more hopeful. Amy and I seem to take turns being the one feeling down. It's amazing how that little lady can pick me up and put me back on my feet.

Michey and Odessa - As early March filers, you should be hearing something very soon! I bet you're excited.

For all of us - I hope we start seeing a lot of approvals soon!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.