Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
I'm a December 08 Vermont filer just stopping by to wish all March 09 filers a speedy journey :star:

Hi everyone! i have been reading all the history about u guys today and i decided joing u, i hope u accept me and help me to make this less hard... Im a mexican girl who fell in love with this Cowboy, he sent the papers in march 2nd and we recieve the NOA1 ON 6TH so we are from March too.......but since that day we dont have any news about our case, is so horrible, cuz have been 3 month without see my love... any way ill see u later...

Note: Sorry guys, if my english is not very good looking (like Celia Cruz said) lol

Welcome to our March Family

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Here's a big topic for discussion: Would love to hear everyone's thoughts:

I can word this a million different ways, so I'll just try to make it most simple:

We filed for the K-1 with a lawyer who handled our application. Since then, our lawyer has only given us grief and frustration.

I want to take him off the case and make my fiance (in Denmark) our 'agent'. Is it possible to take a lawyer off the K-1 application after he has already been listed as our representation? I certainly do not want to delay or uphold our application in ANY way.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone! I hope everyone is hanging in there!

-Melody

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can word this a million different ways, so I'll just try to make it most simple:

We filed for the K-1 with a lawyer who handled our application. Since then, our lawyer has only given us grief and frustration.

I want to take him off the case and make my fiance (in Denmark) our 'agent'. Is it possible to take a lawyer off the K-1 application after he has already been listed as our representation? I certainly do not want to delay or uphold our application in ANY way.

Thoughts?

-Melody

Good morning Group,

Melody I really dont have that answer but someone should know..

Richard what are your guess's when they start approving March?

This wait is awful.

Timeline

Thoughts?

-Melody

Good morning Group,

Melody I really dont have that answer but someone should know..

Richard what are your guess's when they start approving March?

This wait is awful.

I am guessing Friday June 26th is when it should happen in earnest. Just my guess.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Thoughts?

-Melody

I can't imagine it would delay anything (just my opinion)... other than I believe (not sure) that the attorney has to send a letter or resignation of sorts to the USCIS. I agree with others that there are people that have done this before and would have better input... I suggest you post a new topic called "Firing our Lawyer" and I suspect many people would answer :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Yes I just posted a new topic thanks :) Will be interesting to seeing responses...

Thoughts?

-Melody

I can't imagine it would delay anything (just my opinion)... other than I believe (not sure) that the attorney has to send a letter or resignation of sorts to the USCIS. I agree with others that there are people that have done this before and would have better input... I suggest you post a new topic called "Firing our Lawyer" and I suspect many people would answer :)

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
MISSY- Can you please tell me where in Copenhagen your fiance went to change the agent name to his name so the Packet 3 would be sent to him? I want my fiance in Denmark to do this, as it is going to take so much time if the packet is sent from Denmark to America only so it can be sent back to my fiance in Copenhagen.

Any info you could offer would be SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Thanks so much!

-Melody

it is the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen, the address is

Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24

2100 København Ø.

Tlf. (+45) 33 41 71 00

Fax: (+45) 35 43 02 23

After I told you about Lars' experience at the embassy - he has since told me that I have confused some of the details. I am emailing the embassy today and I will report back to you with what they tell me. I don't know what to tell you right now except hang on until I get a response from them and I'll share it with you.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
MISSY- Can you please tell me where in Copenhagen your fiance went to change the agent name to his name so the Packet 3 would be sent to him? I want my fiance in Denmark to do this, as it is going to take so much time if the packet is sent from Denmark to America only so it can be sent back to my fiance in Copenhagen.

Thanks so much!

-Melody

2100 København Ø.

Tlf. (+45) 33 41 71 00

After I told you about Lars' experience at the embassy - he has since told me that I have confused some of the details. I am emailing the embassy today and I will report back to you with what they tell me. I don't know what to tell you right now except hang on until I get a response from them and I'll share it with you.

Missy, good morning! I saw you slumming in February yesterday *giggle*

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Oh my gosh Missy thank you so much! I will look forward to hearing from you. I am feeling so nervous about this, especially since our Packet 3 may end up in our lawyer's hands (hands I don't trust!).

Thanks so much!

-Melody

2100 København Ø.

Tlf. (+45) 33 41 71 00

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I want to take him off the case and make my fiance (in Denmark) our 'agent'.

You don't need an agent for the visa process.

Is it possible to take a lawyer off the K-1 application after he has already been listed as our representation?

I don't see why not. His name is not on any of the forms and USCIS should be mailing everything they send to your address, unless he's got his listed. Look at the copies of the forms that have been submitted.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Thanks so much!

-Melody

2100 København Ø.

Tlf. (+45) 33 41 71 00

BUSTED!! It is exciting and makes me feel good to see the February folks getting approved. You can't hog all the fun people for yourself!! ####### with the newest approval and the timeline?? Anyone else notice what a mess it is? The way I read it - it's all happening in a few weeks!

Timeline
I want to take him off the case and make my fiance (in Denmark) our 'agent'.

You don't need an agent for the visa process.

Is it possible to take a lawyer off the K-1 application after he has already been listed as our representation?

I don't see why not. His name is not on any of the forms and USCIS should be mailing everything they send to your address, unless he's got his listed. Look at the copies of the forms that have been submitted.

The Consular Section at the Embassy will provide K-1 visa application forms and instructions for the foreign fiancé(e) after the Consular Section receives the case file from NVC. It is not possible to request the forms and instructions in advance.

The forms and instructions are sent directly to the person listed in the case file as the designated "agent" on the case. The agent can be the petitioner (the person who filed the I-129F petition in the U.S.) or the visa applicant or an attorney. There can only be one agent per case. All correspondence on a case is forwarded to the designated agent

In order to avoid the unnecessary delay in shipping forms and instructions to an agent in the U.S. and then having the agent in the U.S. forward the forms and instructions back to the applicant overseas, it is often best for the visa applicant to act as his/her own agent (provided the applicant's English skills are proficient as all forms and instructions are in English).

All of that is copied from the Danish Embassy website. I just sent an email asking them to explain how to get Lars designated as the agent. I thought he already did.....but he says no, I misunderstood him and it has to be done by me. There was no place on any forms I filled out to designate an agent so.....I am really confused by this but hopefully the nice Danes at the embassy will help get this fixed. I'll let you know as soon as I hear.

Timeline

Thanks so much!

-Melody

2100 København Ø.

Tlf. (+45) 33 41 71 00

BUSTED!! It is exciting and makes me feel good to see the February folks getting approved. You can't hog all the fun people for yourself!! ####### with the newest approval and the timeline?? Anyone else notice what a mess it is? The way I read it - it's all happening in a few weeks!

They are a fun group... we are boring here in March :) We are all very nice people... just boring! :)

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have no idea what's going on. There have been at least 6 approvals since I noted the numbers yesterday. But my number on Igor's went up 2 (not down). I guess more folks are adding timelines now that actually filed before us. The good news is that my estimated date isn't going back and back and back, like it did for a while

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Timeline

I have no idea what's going on. There have been at least 6 approvals since I noted the numbers yesterday. But my number on Igor's went up 2 (not down). I guess more folks are adding timelines now that actually filed before us. The good news is that my estimated date isn't going back and back and back, like it did for a while

Yes, I have noticed that also... kind of strange... oh well... it gets closer each day and that is really all that matters

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.