4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there guys!

I had some time today to surf the net and just wanted to say hello to my fellow March 2009 filers!

I know the waiting is hard, but I'm taking this time to save as much as I can! I look forward to getting to know you all better throughout this journey.

Hugs,

Giulia

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Giulia and welcome!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Hey there guys!

I had some time today to surf the net and just wanted to say hello to my fellow March 2009 filers!

I know the waiting is hard, but I'm taking this time to save as much as I can! I look forward to getting to know you all better throughout this journey.

Hugs,

Giulia

Giulia welcome to the March Family!

Hello Everyone,

I was taking somewhat Of a break and went fishing yesterday in the Gulf of Mexico

I cant look at my time line anymore.. Making me nuts..

Fishing in the Gulf sounds wonderful. Did ya catch anything? Nice way to take a break!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes trying to plan a wedding while dealing with USCIS is beyond frustrating. I think everything would just feeel so much better if we had a DATE or a better IDEA of WHEN we can get married.

Question for everyone: Who here has a lawyer? I'm curious who else is using one.

My lawyer says I can't give my fiance the stuff (the 'what to send to your fiance after you receive NOA2 stuff') listed on visa journey, he says HE has to mail it to my fiance himself. But I was going to give my fiance everything in person next time I see him to save the postage (mailing everything to denmark will be so expensive!).

Edited by melanne

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I was taking somewhat Of a break and went fishing yesterday in the Gulf of Mexico

I cant look at my time line anymore.. Making me nuts..

Okay - now you are making me mad!! I am so jealous!! Did you catch anything?

Yes trying to plan a wedding while dealing with USCIS is beyond frustrating. I think everything would just feeel so much better if we had a DATE or a better IDEA of WHEN we can get married.

Question for everyone: Who here has a lawyer? I'm curious who else is using one.

My lawyer says I can't give my fiance the stuff listed on visa journey, he says HE has to mail it to my fiance himself. But I was going to give my fiance everything in person next time I see him to save the postage (mailing everything to denmark will be so expensive!).

I interviewed THREE and decided to not use one. I used to be a paralegal and figured I could do this myself and I am really glad that I did. In my opinion, a lawyer would have delayed us even further....and I beg to differ with your lawyer about who can mail packet 3....

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My lawyer says I can't give my fiance the stuff (the 'what to send to your fiance after you receive NOA2 stuff') listed on visa journey, he says HE has to mail it to my fiance himself. But I was going to give my fiance everything in person next time I see him to save the postage (mailing everything to denmark will be so expensive!).

I am using an attorney... mostly because I found VJ after hiring them... but they have been pretty good so far... IF you give your SO everything... then your attorney doesn't feel like they have done their job :) and might have an attack of conscience and want to refund your money! :no: :no: :no: :no:

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I am using an attorney... mostly because I found VJ after hiring them... but they have been pretty good so far... IF you give your SO everything... then your attorney doesn't feel like they have done their job :) and might have an attack of conscience and want to refund your money! :no: :no: :no: :no:

:rofl: Not any lawyers I have ever known!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome Giulia to the March family!!!! Well this waiting and waiting and waiting really is, not only stressfull but emotionally draining as well... Let's all keep our spirits high and our minds busy....

Missmissy Im so happy your daughter is spending time at your house, that is going to help you cope with all this process really well...

In my case, my fiance hired a lawyer and it was a relly smart thing to do, because since they deal with this processes every day it will prevent us to get a RFE, and will simplify the process (I hope!!!! )

The only thing I dread is that, from what I have been reading in the forums, I have to go to the worst Consulate in the world: Guayaquil. Everybody agrees that the presence of the petitioner is MANDATORY, because all sorts of awfull things had happened there!!! so, that is one mor expense to this already expensive process, not to mention extra stress...

Sometimes I feel Im loosing it and last week it was a hard time for me and my fiance due to the pressure. We only need to keep in mind that is is the door to be with the love of your life and that is going to pay off latter when we all are happy and really appreciating what we have since it was so hard to get.

Congratulations to all of us, because this type of process is only for extraordinary, strong and faithfull people.

(L)

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

Welcome Giulia to the March family!!!! Well this waiting and waiting and waiting really is, not only stressfull but emotionally draining as well... Let's all keep our spirits high and our minds busy....

Missmissy Im so happy your daughter is spending time at your house, that is going to help you cope with all this process really well...

In my case, my fiance hired a lawyer and it was a relly smart thing to do, because since they deal with this processes every day it will prevent us to get a RFE, and will simplify the process (I hope!!!! )

The only thing I dread is that, from what I have been reading in the forums, I have to go to the worst Consulate in the world: Guayaquil. Everybody agrees that the presence of the petitioner is MANDATORY, because all sorts of awfull things had happened there!!! so, that is one mor expense to this already expensive process, not to mention extra stress...

Sometimes I feel Im loosing it and last week it was a hard time for me and my fiance due to the pressure. We only need to keep in mind that is is the door to be with the love of your life and that is going to pay off latter when we all are happy and really appreciating what we have since it was so hard to get.

Congratulations to all of us, because this type of process is only for extraordinary, strong and faithfull people.

(L)

I have to agree that this is one of the most stressful things I have ever been through. I am so glad that Maggie is here now and I am really happy that Lars and I can talk every day, many times via skype and the webcam and just chat.....it does help. I am a big cry baby though and not a very patient person, so I complain a lot. I am so grateful for all of you guys though. It really helps to come here to my March family and just be with ya'll. Awww....pass the kleenex please!

Timeline

I agree that having y'all around makes it a lot easier for me. And as for complaining, I grumble all the time. For lack of anything better to do, I might do another post out there asking why it's taking so long, so the usual folks can read my timeline for me. <_<

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Timeline
I agree that having y'all around makes it a lot easier for me. And as for complaining, I grumble all the time. For lack of anything better to do, I might do another post out there asking why it's taking so long, so the usual folks can read my timeline for me. <_<

I laughed out loud when I read that. I like how you think!!

Timeline

What's for dinner? We are having some BBQ chicken, salad, a little pasta and some fresh fruit.

Timeline

Chicken pot pie..........

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.