Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge congratulations to Carl and Jessica!

C'mon, VSC... missy and kata... it's time!

Richard, I'm planning on going over there on October 1st, and Elisha and I are scheduled to leave Korea on October 7th, spend a couple days in Japan, then come home (!) on the 10th. At this point it's very tight, but we're holding out hope that she'll be able to get an interview next week or Monday the 5th—Monday would be cutting it very close travel-wise, but it'd be good in the sense that I could go to the interview with her. If the dates slip, they slip... I'll bite the bullet and pay to change the tickets. But I'm still going, dammit! ;)

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Richard, I'm planning on going over there on October 1st, and Elisha and I are scheduled to leave Korea on October 7th, spend a couple days in Japan, then come home (!) on the 10th. At this point it's very tight, but we're holding out hope that she'll be able to get an interview next week or Monday the 5th—Monday would be cutting it very close travel-wise, but it'd be good in the sense that I could go to the interview with her. If the dates slip, they slip... I'll bite the bullet and pay to change the tickets. But I'm still going, dammit! ;)

I cannot express how happy I am for you two. I know what it's like being in limbo like that about travel, so I am relieved that you are going!!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Terrific... yes it is tight... but it does look like it is doable!!!! I am glad you are going and even more glad that the embassy will have it and an interview together is likely!!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Missy, I want a better Snoopy dance!!

Hey Richard congrats on your NOA2!

My fiance received his packet 3 last Thursday. I would just like to vent to you guys because way back in April I filled out ALL of the forms for packet 3, and gave them to him so that when they requested it he could mail the packet back the same day or the next day.

Well he had to change some of the info on the forms to update it (his job has changed and he is still in school he didn't graduate in April like he was supposed to), so we went through it together on the phone. That was Thursday. Yesterday I casually asked if he had returned the packet. He said he "lost" some of the forms and had to re-do them. Then last night I asked about the DS 160 and if it took the picture of him that I sent. He had no idea what I was tallking about. So I linked him the form and he told me that he did not see a prompt to upload a picture when he did it, so he is going to do it again.

Montreal is famous for taking forever for interviews, so the longer he sits on this packet 3, the further out our interview will be.

Some people just aren't very good with paper work. I won't say especially men because then Richard and Stephen will have to set me straight. ;p

Bella..... first... sorry that the paperwork has hit a snag... what is a ds-160? I dont recall reading about one of those...

Second... I cant speak for Stephen... but i am not good at paperwork... you should see my desk.... but in this case... I have forced myself to be... and to be honest, I am also using an attorney... so that has helped a lot...

Third... if you need.... I can go smack your SO around a little to help straighten him out!! :P

Stephen...

Now that your file is on its way to the Embassy... what does the prospects of you going over in October look like? I don't recall the exact dates you were planning on going and the holiday....

You probably have not heard of the DS 160 because your consulate does not use it yet.

"DS-160 New online form https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

The new DS-160 Online, Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, will eventually replace current nonimmigrant application forms DS-156, 157, 158, and other related forms, such as the DS-156E, 156K, and 156V."

The irony is that they have this new form, require that you complete it and print out the confirmation page, but then they ALSO require you to fill out all of the old forms and bring those as well! I emailed Montreal and they told me we had to do both!

Well, it's semi-comforting to hear that you aren't so great with the paperwork. I am TRYING not to be that pushy, nagging future-wife, but I just want to take it over and do it for him. It is driving me crazy not being able to double check the forms! I want him to scan them to me so that I can check them, but I am also trying to let him be a big boy about this.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Congratulations Richard, I come online all the time to see if you have been approved and this is truly good news, no one deserves it more. Good luck on the rest of the journey. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations Stephen, so happy for you.

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Carl and Jessica!!!!

I got so excited I posted before I could say congratulations!!! I am sooo happy for you guys, really!!! YAY!!!!

Thanks I could not beleive my eyes..

202 days of hell......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Missy... Kata.... maybe they are back in March for a few days... getting some of the backlog taken care of?? 2 march people yesterday... I am hopeful!!!

Congrats Richard..

Do you know how long it will take them to get it over to NVC?

I want to get BGT ...... So I can fax over to the US Embassy in Bogota ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Morning everyone,

I got a email yesterday afternoon saying the petition was approved NO2 a

Just waiting on the hard copy..

Thank God !!

GREAT NEWS YOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! Glod Bless you guys, thanks God... Missy: Prepare yourself, you and I are next!!!

post-66770-1253719728_thumb.png

Love,

Kata

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Morning everyone,

Thank God !!

GREAT NEWS YOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! Glod Bless you guys, thanks God... Missy: Prepare yourself, you and I are next!!!

Love,

Kata

OMG... that is wonderful! Yesterday was MARCH DAY! Missy... where is yours?????

*hands on hips*

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Morning everyone,

Thank God !!

Love,

Kata

*hands on hips*

I so happy for all of you. I really, really am. Congratulations to all, you are truly on your way now!!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
Morning everyone,

Thank God !!

Love,

Kata

*hands on hips*

Missy and I are going to receive ours really soon.... prepare your snoopy dances guys...

Kata

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

I didn't receive mine just yet... I was quoting Carl and Jessica... It's only I do not know how to use this site very well... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Anyhooo... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Carl and Jessica. Missy: Yours and mine are on their way!!! Hang in there with me.

Love,

Kata.

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.