Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
morning march!

Stephen... hopefully you will be out of the NVC today... they havent mentioned AP right?

Stan, I filled out a special form and sent it in as they said do not email them... My letter of discontent on this whole process I sent to the dierctor and the deputy director.

I hope it gets some attention and that not only does it help you and others, but that it also ends up making someone accountable for this mess.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
morning march!

Stephen... hopefully you will be out of the NVC today... they havent mentioned AP right?

Stan, I filled out a special form and sent it in as they said do not email them... My letter of discontent on this whole process I sent to the dierctor and the deputy director.

I hope it gets some attention and that not only does it help you and others, but that it also ends up making someone accountable for this mess.

My letter did speak of the system being broken... yadda yadda... but I am not holding my breath on it helping me or the system... but I felt better writing it :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Richard!!!!

A new day - fingers crossed!

I am currently putting together an IKEA chest of drawers... wanna help?

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
hello out there???

AddEmoticons04234.gif

Hey Richard :star: How are you feeling today??? Better?? I see you've been busy calling, writing and emailing!

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Timeline
Hey Richard!!!!

A new day - fingers crossed!

I am currently putting together an IKEA chest of drawers... wanna help?

Jewel, as long as i DONT have to read the destructions :)

hello out there???

AddEmoticons04234.gif

Hey Richard :star: How are you feeling today??? Better?? I see you've been busy calling, writing and emailing!

Not really, but thanks for asking... and yes, very busy being noisy (not that it is helping)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Richard!!!!!! I guess you didn't wake up and salsa? Or bellydance???

I believe in the Laws of Attraction...put positive out, get postive in. That was bad grammar, but you get my point! Even if I feel bad I try to force myself to think positive...sometimes I can, sometimes it's the next day...lol. BUT, always always always remember that if you're a good person (which I believe you are) that good things will come to you! :goofy: Sometimes it just take a bit of time...BIG BIG HUG to you! :D

I hope that you all get yours today and they finish up march! Good luck everyone!

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Visa in Hand!

Timeline

I believe in the Laws of Attraction...put positive out, get postive in. That was bad grammar, but you get my point! Even if I feel bad I try to force myself to think positive...sometimes I can, sometimes it's the next day...lol. BUT, always always always remember that if you're a good person (which I believe you are) that good things will come to you! :goofy: Sometimes it just take a bit of time...BIG BIG HUG to you! :D

I hope that you all get yours today and they finish up march! Good luck everyone!

Anna... trust me when I say, you dont want me belly dancing.... Salsa is bad enough... but the world could end if I were to belly dance!

smiley_zzrofl1.gif

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Anna... trust me when I say, you dont want me belly dancing.... Salsa is bad enough... but the world could end if I were to belly dance!

smiley_zzrofl1.gif

Hahahahaha...please please put it on youtube if you do!

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Visa in Hand!

Timeline

ok... well, this just in!!

A review of the computer system shows that the fiancée petition is pending at this time, going through the security clearance process and you are welcome to periodically check for status.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely, efficient manner that ensures public safety and national security.

Toward the end of the adjudicative process, USCIS requires extensive background checks for every application or petition it adjudicates. While background checks for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in adjudication delays.

Background checks involve more than just the initial submission of and response related to biographical information and fingerprints. When checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveals an issue potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application/petition as expeditiously as possible.

We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that USCIS is aware of your inquiry, and is monitoring progress related to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.

We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related to his or her case. USCIS must weigh individual inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national security.

We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact this office.

Vermont Service Center

Congressional Unit

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, what do it mean (think Gomer Pyle)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Timeline

Amazing !!!! Just called USCIS. and guess what They have no clue and nothing helps . Meanwhile my attorney said that congressional inquiries or expedite requests based on erroneous processing or other stuff dont make any difference . all we have to do is to wait ! the government is so inefficient and slow therefore whatever can be done ina matter of weeks is taking 5 months as they promise or even more for some of us . Thanks god my name isn't Smith or Jones. HAHAHA

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's sort of the same thing I got......I hate this part of the process. It's really difficult to stay upbeat and positive right now.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah the Smith or Jones thing.....I wonder how much of a difference having a common name will make.

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.