Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Richard - Are any Feb filers out there with no update, no rhyme/reason as to why they haven't been approved?

there appear to be 6 couples that have logged on recently but have not updated a NOA2 status

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Richard - Are any Feb filers out there with no update, no rhyme/reason as to why they haven't been approved?

there appear to be 6 couples that have logged on recently but have not updated a NOA2 status

Hopefully just a matter of not updating timelines. March is low hanging fruit VSC needs to get off the tree.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Timeline

Hopefully just a matter of not updating timelines. March is low hanging fruit VSC needs to get off the tree.

I still believe that the USCIS is padding the numbers and will be well into June by the end of the month for the fiscal year end. I normally do not subscribe to the conspiracy theory... but in this case I do... Sorry to say, that I believe that many March, April and May filers will be left in the dust while the USCIS tries to make themselves look better for the year end. Just my opinion mind you.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

seems like the USCIS favors people from Philippines could be the factor of how busy embassies are Don't u think so ?

Boy, i sure wish I knew... Stephen said that their Embassy (South Korea) was slow... and he was late in getting their approval. I can tell you that the Warsaw Embassy is also slow, based on the published interviews for k1 this month... there were only like 10 or 12 compared to 30 or so the last few months. I am like a mushroom... I am in the dark and fed sh!t :)

Did I say that? If I did, I misspoke... Seoul is a very quick embassy; Elisha says she may have an appointment as little as 3 days after requesting one. The medical is likewise quick: no appointment necessary, in and out in 40 minutes, and results available by end of day.

I heartily agree with the part about late approval, though!

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
I still believe that the USCIS is padding the numbers and will be well into June by the end of the month for the fiscal year end. I normally do not subscribe to the conspiracy theory... but in this case I do... Sorry to say, that I believe that many March, April and May filers will be left in the dust while the USCIS tries to make themselves look better for the year end. Just my opinion mind you.

I am in complete agreement. It's the only thing that makes sense - at the same time making us all very angry.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Timeline
seems like the USCIS favors people from Philippines could be the factor of how busy embassies are Don't u think so ?

Boy, i sure wish I knew... Stephen said that their Embassy (South Korea) was slow... and he was late in getting their approval. I can tell you that the Warsaw Embassy is also slow, based on the published interviews for k1 this month... there were only like 10 or 12 compared to 30 or so the last few months. I am like a mushroom... I am in the dark and fed sh!t :)

Did I say that? If I did, I misspoke... Seoul is a very quick embassy; Elisha says she may have an appointment as little as 3 days after requesting one. The medical is likewise quick: no appointment necessary, in and out in 40 minutes, and results available by end of day.

I heartily agree with the part about late approval, though!

I probably am mis-quoting you :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 30, 2009 and September 14, 2009* (RFEs at the Vermont Service Center typically add an extra 18 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time).

:blink::blink:

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 30, 2009 and September 14, 2009* (RFEs at the Vermont Service Center typically add an extra 18 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time).

I didn't know the VJ system did that... That is pretty cool... and from I have seen... its pretty accurate... I know you are jumping out of your skin... but I will trade places with you!!!!! :)

How did court go? and the BIG showing??

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I didn't know the VJ system did that... That is pretty cool... and from I have seen... its pretty accurate... I know you are jumping out of your skin... but I will trade places with you!!!!! :)

How did court go? and the BIG showing??

Won my case, thanks for asking AND probably going to write an offer tomorrow. THAT is the big news of the day!

As for the wait - I talked to Lars this morning. I just had a big ol' crying fit and he was absolutely marvelous about it. He has assured me that even if we can't get the visa approved in time for him to be here November 15th, we will spend those three weeks that he is out of Congo. I guess I better explain - he is there for 90 days and out for 21. We had planned on getting married the day before my birthday, November 27 - if we could get it all done.

So, as it stands now - if we can't get the visa approved and embassy issues worked out, I will still get to spend three weeks with Lars in November, we just don't know exactly where. You have no idea how much better that makes me feel! He wasn't moving here permanently anyway. I just want to see him.

Timeline
Won my case, thanks for asking AND probably going to write an offer tomorrow. THAT is the big news of the day!

As for the wait - I talked to Lars this morning. I just had a big ol' crying fit and he was absolutely marvelous about it. He has assured me that even if we can't get the visa approved in time for him to be here November 15th, we will spend those three weeks that he is out of Congo. I guess I better explain - he is there for 90 days and out for 21. We had planned on getting married the day before my birthday, November 27 - if we could get it all done.

So, as it stands now - if we can't get the visa approved and embassy issues worked out, I will still get to spend three weeks with Lars in November, we just don't know exactly where. You have no idea how much better that makes me feel! He wasn't moving here permanently anyway. I just want to see him.

Sounds great Missy. Having a date you can count on has got to be a "good thing" (as someone else familiar with courtrooms would say). Make it a really cool location and take your camera! No hospitals!!

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Timeline

Yeah well, I'm finding that a little hard to believe right now

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

Just a quick update. On the 26th, I finally received packet 3. It was just a letter saying, go to the website and download the forms.....

I have assembled packet 3 and ready to send it tomorrow. ( I am still not 100% sure if I answered everything correctly)...

Then I have to send the Documents check list once I have everything ready(need to translate documents, and affidavit of support)

Hopefully I can have the interview by October.

Let me tell you something: I think the easy part was waiting for the NOA2, all this paperwork is driving me crazy.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline
Hi,

Just a quick update. On the 26th, I finally received packet 3. It was just a letter saying, go to the website and download the forms.....

I have assembled packet 3 and ready to send it tomorrow. ( I am still not 100% sure if I answered everything correctly)...

Then I have to send the Documents check list once I have everything ready(need to translate documents, and affidavit of support)

Let me tell you something: I think the easy part was waiting for the NOA2, all this paperwork is driving me crazy.

Do you need some help with the forms?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
Hi,

Do you need some help with the forms?

Those forms are confusing aren't they??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.