Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
how did you post a pic?? i don't have a url for mine, its on my computer saved in my documents.

i am going nuts here without him, so many things to do and i need him here with me,,,,im just so afraid of the RFEs, it will just prolong things even more. just keeping busy trying to fill out all forms needed for when the noa2 arrives and for after we get married..does anyone know if when you fill out the l-484, is there only one fee or if hes also bringing his son with him, is there an extra fee for the child also?? hes under 21. im so confuseddddddddd :wacko:

Strega,

When you type a message, below the box you type in there is an attachments place underneath the box you type in. Click Browse and find the file on your computer and then click upload and then the add replay button. that should do it.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Amen to that!

Okay, this lack of approvals is going a little too far. I'm including a picture as gratitude for Missy sharing hers, and to scare the Visa Gods. If they don't start approving some soon, one in my miniskirt could be next.

post-63877-1241556692_thumb.jpg

Yes, thanks for the photo, you guys look very nice together... it is also good to put faces to the names we type to each day. :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

RE: My chart... it was just a chart of approvals at the VSC by week of the year (2009). I am trying to massage numbers to make me feel better about this wait and process. Maybe today I will do a regression analysis and other useless stuff! :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I am NOT complaining, really. But, when you look at the approvals ---->HERE<---- Does it feel like there are maybe 4 or 5 old ladies in some dark and dusty room, smoking, drinking coffee and playing solitaire on their computers and not even looking at our files??? Don't they have more than a few people working there? Shouldn't they be able to turn over more than one or two per week???? And, I'm not talking about January even.....I just wish ANYONE would get approved....anyone that's filed in the last year!

Okay, you can all go back to whatever you were doing, I feel better now. Just needed a personal moment to vent. :lol:

On a happier note, I downloaded the Oprah coupon for free KFC grilled chicken today and I'm blowing the diet and eating KFC!!!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

Missy, I downloaded the last 3500 K1 applications from Igor and massaged it a little... I seems, after looking at the data, there is a trend in early May that approvals seems to stop until the 10th-13th. Obviously I don't know why, but maybe they are processing other things? They pick up after the 10th... go figure.... KFC yum... I made Polish Zurek and am having that for lunch... I made extra... OK, I made a gallon extra, so I will share :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
Missy, I downloaded the last 3500 K1 applications from Igor and massaged it a little... I seems, after looking at the data, there is a trend in early May that approvals seems to stop until the 10th-13th. Obviously I don't know why, but maybe they are processing other things? They pick up after the 10th... go figure.... KFC yum... I made Polish Zurek and am having that for lunch... I made extra... OK, I made a gallon extra, so I will share :)

If I only knew what Polish Zurek was.....sigh....let me google that and I'll let you know if it's something I can make a run to ATL for.

Edit - googled it and HEY!! We had something like that when we were in Russia. Very delicious! I have to show a few houses today and am listing one this afternoon or I'd make a road trip!!

Edited by missmissy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm right there with you, Missy. I wonder if they aren't worried about quotas. If they do too many one month, they'll be expected to do that many next month.

Venting is totally cool as far as I am concerned. If anyone gives you the "I waited blah blah blah" and basically "stop whining" (It's usually the same people who post things like that) - then what I do is go check their early posts and see what they were doing at the same time in the process. It can be pretty entertaining. ;)

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Timeline
I'm right there with you, Missy. I wonder if they aren't worried about quotas. If they do too many one month, they'll be expected to do that many next month.

Venting is totally cool as far as I am concerned. If anyone gives you the "I waited blah blah blah" and basically "stop whining" (It's usually the same people who post things like that) - then what I do is go check their early posts and see what they were doing at the same time in the process. It can be pretty entertaining. ;)

I adore you! I read those too and you are so right about the entertainment factor. And I thought I was the only one that did that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

What is I-484? I am going off the chart on the visa journey page and it says all you need for noa2 is:

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

SO WHAT ARE THESE OTHER FORMS PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUt? Im sooooo afraid I'm going to mess something up.

how did you post a pic?? i don't have a url for mine, its on my computer saved in my documents.

i am going nuts here without him, so many things to do and i need him here with me,,,,im just so afraid of the RFEs, it will just prolong things even more. just keeping busy trying to fill out all forms needed for when the noa2 arrives and for after we get married..does anyone know if when you fill out the l-484, is there only one fee or if hes also bringing his son with him, is there an extra fee for the child also?? hes under 21. im so confuseddddddddd :wacko:

You have to fill out an I-484 for each. IF he is under 14 then it is $600 if not then its full price $1010.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What is I-484? I am going off the chart on the visa journey page and it says all you need for noa2 is:

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

SO WHAT ARE THESE OTHER FORMS PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUt? Im sooooo afraid I'm going to mess something up.

You have to fill out an I-484 for each. IF he is under 14 then it is $600 if not then its full price $1010.

The I-484 form is actually I-485...my bad.....anyways its filed AFTER the couple are marriedand living in the US to adjust status. So no...its not needed for the NOA2...it comes way after that.

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

thanks guys,,,,,,,,man, they really make you PAY your way into the states, don't they? another 600.00 for the child....its really adding up.who has money for a wedding??

sorry for confusing melanne, i'm just the kind of person who trys to stay a step ahead of the game,, the I485 is the AOS form you submit after you get married . within the 90days after entering on the k1 , you have to get married and send in the AOS because you dont want to be out of status when you send it in. seems like the forms are never going to end!!! i just keep thinking it will all be OK in the end we will be together, and it makes me HAPPY.

here is a pic of us together about 1 month ago (yes, i chopped off my hair!! :crying: )

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to my fellow March 2009 filers!

Good luck to all of us. Hopefully, we won't have to wait for so long for the NOA2.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Tin1980. I echo your wishes. Here's hoping things start moving again soon!

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oh thanks strega, I'm glad to know about the I-485, because I'm trying to stay ahead of the game too, but my lawyer is really slow in answering my questions. So I'm glad to have you guys on here!

This too shall pass yes, and in the end we will all be together with our loved ones. Gotta get our eyes on the prize!!!

thanks guys,,,,,,,,man, they really make you PAY your way into the states, don't they? another 600.00 for the child....its really adding up.who has money for a wedding??

sorry for confusing melanne, i'm just the kind of person who trys to stay a step ahead of the game,, the I485 is the AOS form you submit after you get married . within the 90days after entering on the k1 , you have to get married and send in the AOS because you dont want to be out of status when you send it in. seems like the forms are never going to end!!! i just keep thinking it will all be OK in the end we will be together, and it makes me HAPPY.

here is a pic of us together about 1 month ago (yes, i chopped off my hair!! :crying: )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.