March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
It won't let me go back to the original message and take it out. Oh well....I'm fairly easy to find on the internet anyway. I posted my facebook page last week. It's not like I'm in the witness protection program or anything!!

Just really frustrated and down today about this whole process. I feel.....bad, sad and mad. And, a little embarassed because you and so many others haven't had any activity and I am jumping up and down about this RFE. I'm sorry about that guys. (L)(L)(L)

The USCIS is making everybody crazy. I had to change my address awhile ago and still haven't heard nuttin from them...nor can I access my case online. The first guy we talked to couldn't see it either then we were transferred to an immigration officer who could see it but alas....nobody could be bothered to enter it in so WE could see it. It sucks but its one less thing I can spend my time clicking on watching for an update! lol

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Not doing that great, to tell you the truth. Five months and no NOA, not even a touch since April 1—it's really getting to me.

I was really hoping to fly to Korea October 1 to spend Seollal (the Korean harvest festival, roughly analogous to Thanksgiving) with Elisha and her family, then bring her home around the 9th or 10th. With each passing day, the possibility of that happening fades. We've got all the Packet 3.5 forms filled out and documents gathered. Medicals and interview dates in Seoul are very quick—but we can't do anything without that blasted NOA2, and these twits at USCIS are blowing through April while our petition gathers dust somewhere.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Not doing that great, to tell you the truth. Five months and no NOA, not even a touch since April 1—it's really getting to me.

I was really hoping to fly to Korea October 1 to spend Seollal (the Korean harvest festival, roughly analogous to Thanksgiving) with Elisha and her family, then bring her home around the 9th or 10th. With each passing day, the possibility of that happening fades. We've got all the Packet 3.5 forms filled out and documents gathered. Medicals and interview dates in Seoul are very quick—but we can't do anything without that blasted NOA2, and these twits at USCIS are blowing through April while our petition gathers dust somewhere.

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo can relate... for me it was getting the children here so they could start school when everyone else did, when that didnt happen it was a pretty bad few days... then it get better... and now it is worse again ;)

How long does it take to get an interview at your Embassy? it is 2 months for warsaw.. but they said they would do everything they could to expedite an interview in a few weeks time... maybe your embassy would or could do something similar? We have everything done.. the medical and everything... Can Elisha have hers yet? I have forgotten if she had it already or not... sorry

Chin up bud... we will get there... I promise!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo can relate... for me it was getting the children here so they could start school when everyone else did, when that didnt happen it was a pretty bad few days... then it get better... and now it is worse again ;)

How long does it take to get an interview at your Embassy? it is 2 months for warsaw.. but they said they would do everything they could to expedite an interview in a few weeks time... maybe your embassy would or could do something similar? We have everything done.. the medical and everything... Can Elisha have hers yet? I have forgotten if she had it already or not... sorry

Thanks Richard.

September and October are apparently slow months at the Seoul embassy—Elisha says she could have an interview in as little as 3 days. She hasn't had the medical yet—she needs her SEO case number from NVC first—but again, it's a walk-in affair, takes less than an hour, and results are available the same day. The only thing we're waiting on is NOA2.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks Richard.

September and October are apparently slow months at the Seoul embassy—Elisha says she could have an interview in as little as 3 days. She hasn't had the medical yet—she needs her SEO case number from NVC first—but again, it's a walk-in affair, takes less than an hour, and results are available the same day. The only thing we're waiting on is NOA2.

Hey My March Family!!!!

I really feel for you, this visa process keeps our lives on hold and depending on the mercy of others to finally find some peace having the one we love with us. Let's all keep our faith and hope that this is very soon over, we deserve to get our NOA2's inmediatelly. I sent my RFE reply today guys, please pray for me!!!!!

Thank you and we love ya all!!!!

KataandFreddy (F)(L)

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey March Family!

I decided to jump on the plane today.... I was off, and there was room, so it worked out!!! I am already in my pjs and going to take a nap as I'm still feeling pretty congested. Brian went back to work, so I don't feel so bad going to sleep! But - good news! We got a touch today!!! It would be so nice to get an approval during my visit.

Here's hoping there are a whole lot of other March filers that get touched soon! It almost made my day... Seeing Brian is what made my day today!

Edited by cdn_gewels

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Timeline
Thanks Richard.

Well, don't give up the ghost just yet then, you still have time!!!

Hey March Family!

I decided to jump on the plane today.... I was off, and there was room, so it worked out!!! I am already in my pjs and going to take a nap as I'm still feeling pretty congested. Brian went back to work, so I don't feel so bad going to sleep! But - good news! We got a touch today!!! It would be so nice to get an approval during my visit.

Here's hoping there are a whole lot of other March filers that get touched soon! It almost made my day... Seeing Brian is what made my day today!

JEWEL! a touch! You go girl!!!!

Get better soon

im sorry but as a bitter march filer i HATE April people!

Nah... its not their fault :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

and I am sick of people blaming other month filers cause their NOA2 hasn't arrived yet. Be bitter all you want but place the blame where it belongs. People really need to look at the big picture here....should I curse others cause they can get interviews in as little as 3 days while my consulate is saying 4-6 months? I don't think so. Some of us "April" filers are here rooting for you and its mean to say the least to keep knocking us here or coming onto the April thread to do so. I would like to think that if I got my NOA2 tomorrow people would be happy for me but the last week I've seen that it just ain't so...... :(

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks Richard.

Yeah, I read your response to someone in another thread about planning their wedding and leaving plenty of time.....I laughed and then sort of teared up when I read it. I feel ya! The good thing for you is that you know what to expect at the embassy. We have no idea what it will be like when we finally make it to the Congo. I'm pretty scared about that.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline
Yeah, I read your response to someone in another thread about planning their wedding and leaving plenty of time.....I laughed and then sort of teared up when I read it. I feel ya! The good thing for you is that you know what to expect at the embassy. We have no idea what it will be like when we finally make it to the Congo. I'm pretty scared about that.

Missy, can you call the embassy and make a friend? It was difficult in Warsaw but ultimately I was able to get a lot of help by talking to many different people.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

and I am sick of people blaming other month filers cause their NOA2 hasn't arrived yet. Be bitter all you want but place the blame where it belongs. People really need to look at the big picture here....should I curse others cause they can get interviews in as little as 3 days while my consulate is saying 4-6 months? I don't think so. Some of us "April" filers are here rooting for you and its mean to say the least to keep knocking us here or coming onto the April thread to do so. I would like to think that if I got my NOA2 tomorrow people would be happy for me but the last week I've seen that it just ain't so...... :(

If you got approved today, I would be very happy for you! I had a bad day and I'm sorry. If I didn't send love your way.... (L)(L) here's some.

This whole process is just terrible to go through. Please stay and keep on rooting for us!

Timeline

Missy, can you call the embassy and make a friend? It was difficult in Warsaw but ultimately I was able to get a lot of help by talking to many different people.

well....as a matter of fact I have printed out the pertinent information for the embassy in Kinshasha and Brazzaville since I'm not sure which one we'll go to! And, I give good phone so I feel sure that if these people can be schmoozed, I can schmooze them! (did I spell that right?)

That's my plan for tomorrow. Today I called my Congressman. His office was very nice and helpful and we've already sent a Congressional Enquiry over to USCIS. It won't do any good but at least they are working for the voter(s).

Timeline

If you got approved today, I would be very happy for you! I had a bad day and I'm sorry. If I didn't send love your way.... (L)(L) here's some.

This whole process is just terrible to go through. Please stay and keep on rooting for us!

You know I'm rooting for ya Missy. Usually it doesn't take too long for approval after an RFE and hopefully you won't be waiting long for an interview.

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.