Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
I just got off the phone with NCSC.

After going through the Tier I CSR's twenty questions, I gave her my receipt number and she rattled off the worthless info from CRIS. I thanked her, told her that my status in CRIS hadn't been updated since April 1, and politely asked to be connected to an IO. She went through the pro forma dissuasion attempt, noting that it's currently one day shy of 5 months. I thanked her again and reiterated my request to be transferred to an IO, with which she complied.

When the IO answered (in an unidentifiable, slightly difficult to understand accent), she asked for more information on me - name, address, DOB, etc. She looked me up in her system and said the case was still showing as pending. I asked if she could tell me if the file was actually on the floor or sitting on a shelf somewhere, and she said it was assigned to an adjudicator. She brought up the nonsense about March 5, to which I responded that most of the recent approvals have been April filers. She said "your approval could come any time, please give us one or two more weeks." I thanked her for her help, noting that it couldn't be easy taking complaints from upset people all day.

They're not getting one or two weeks. The letter to my congressman's immigration caseworker (who is already familiar with my case from my fruitless attempt to get transferred to CSC) gets faxed around 4 pm tomorrow, with a follow-up call first thing Friday morning. I'm making it clear that I want a detailed status report on the case (either it's awaiting a background check or it's just sitting on a shelf or in someone's pile); if there's no outstanding information, I expect the petition to be pulled and worked immediately.

I am glad you at least got through to an officer... My follow up with the congressman's office is going to be very similar as yours.. in fact I am going to start drafting mine shortly... pssssst, let me copy off you! :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, I'll definitely share mine when I'm finished drafting it. :yes:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i called again, and the initial person told me that i am inside the timeline for uscis and outside the timeline for vsc. she immeadiatly referred me to an officer who disputed that i was outside the processing times for vcs. her name was davis. she told me to call back in 30 to 60 days. ha ha ha. ive had it with them and will send out a letter to my congressman in the morning. ps, i was very polite , but i hate the condecinding way they say sir befor every sentence.

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Timeline
i called again, and the initial person told me that i am inside the timeline for uscis and outside the timeline for vsc. she immeadiatly referred me to an officer who disputed that i was outside the processing times for vcs. her name was davis. she told me to call back in 30 to 60 days. ha ha ha. ive had it with them and will send out a letter to my congressman in the morning. ps, i was very polite , but i hate the condecinding way they say sir befor every sentence.

I feel your pain... believe me... i feel it!!!!!

hmmmm, disputing being outside of the timeline... excuse me Officer Davis... may I have your supervisor please! :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
whats up with all these april NOA2 , why does vsc have to pich MARCH to start doing march/april filers! i tink march ppl have waited long enough!!!!!!!

Young man, where have you been??? We have all wondered what was happening with you guys!! So.....update us! How are things going, anything new? You holding up okay?

I have missed you!!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
whats up with all these april NOA2 , why does vsc have to pich MARCH to start doing march/april filers! i tink march ppl have waited long enough!!!!!!!

Young man, where have you been??? We have all wondered what was happening with you guys!! So.....update us! How are things going, anything new? You holding up okay?

I have missed you!!

ive been to depressed to come on here.

we arent officially together but i talk to her once in a while...

she doesnt wanna talk about the visa bc we havent got approved and

she is taken it personal. she said we will talk about it when we get approved and

now VSC is pulling this ####### about doin april filiers before MARCH! :(

she doesnt think we will get approved...

i have it set up so i get an email once we get approved or not and evertime i get

an email on my phone while at work my heart stops for a second bc

i think it may be the email but NOTHING yet!

ive missed u to missy!

ive missed VJ but i hadto stay away for a while...

i hope u understand...

:)

Timeline

I have missed you!!

she is taken it personal. she said we will talk about it when we get approved and

i have it set up so i get an email once we get approved or not and evertime i get

ive missed u to missy!

i hope u understand...

I do understand and I am glad that you are taking care of yourself and not worrying TOO much about all of this. I have a feeling that once you get the approval, things will improve with you two. I am so glad you checked in with us and updated me. You know, we all worry about you and want you to be happy. (ok, Mommy moment over with).

Keep us posted on how things go.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I am trembling with utter shock and joy as I write this....I explained earlier how I have been here with my SO since the 18th. We have been reading the thread, calling the VSC and after submitting the service request on yesterday we got an email today saying that the request has been denied because our petition was approved on August 12, 2009. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

God is Great!!!!!I am here with my SO and we have been celebrating together, what a relief and now we are so happy!!!!!!

Richard we believe we owe you much gratitude because it was because of your post that we called to make a service request....Thank You!!!!!!!!

We received a touch on August 12, 2009 and did not know that it was an approval, because no email was sent and I traveled on the 17th.

Here is the email:

Dear M. Lott:

On 08/25/2009 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 03/04/2009

Receipt #:

-- EAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx

Referral ID:

T1NxxxxxxxxxxVSC

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

This expedite request has been denied.

Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it does not meet the criteria for special handling.

The petition/application was approved on August 12, 2009.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

I pray that everyone else's case turns positive like ours

Thanks for all the information and now need to make sure we have everything for the next step.

My SO wants to thank you again Richard...he reads your posts faithfully.

God Bless

Cynthia and Ivo

K-1 Visa(see timeline)

Married: January 20, 2010

2e3a30800d.png

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document, Advance Parole

Mailed : 2010-01-28

Date Filed(Rec'd) : 2010-02-01

NOA1 (x3)Date : 2010-02-05 (received 2/13)

Checks Cashed: 2010-02-09

Biometrics Appt: 2010-03-05 (received 2/22)

Transferred to CSC: 2010-02-19 (Touched 2/22, 2/28)

(AOS & EAD-Touched 3/8)

EAD Approval: 2010-03-25

AP Approval: 2010-03-25

AOS Touch: 2010-07-14

AOS Approved: 2010-07-15

Timeline
I am trembling with utter shock and joy as I write this....I explained earlier how I have been here with my SO since the 18th. We have been reading the thread, calling the VSC and after submitting the service request on yesterday we got an email today saying that the request has been denied because our petition was approved on August 12, 2009. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

God is Great!!!!!I am here with my SO and we have been celebrating together, what a relief and now we are so happy!!!!!!

Richard we believe we owe you much gratitude because it was because of your post that we called to make a service request....Thank You!!!!!!!!

We received a touch on August 12, 2009 and did not know that it was an approval, because no email was sent and I traveled on the 17th.

Here is the email:

Dear M. Lott:

On 08/25/2009 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 03/04/2009

Receipt #:

-- EAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx

Referral ID:

T1NxxxxxxxxxxVSC

Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it does not meet the criteria for special handling.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Thanks for all the information and now need to make sure we have everything for the next step.

God Bless

Cynthia and Ivo

Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have missed you!!

ive missed u to missy!

i hope u understand...

I do understand and I am glad that you are taking care of yourself and not worrying TOO much about all of this. I have a feeling that once you get the approval, things will improve with you two. I am so glad you checked in with us and updated me. You know, we all worry about you and want you to be happy. (ok, Mommy moment over with).

Keep us posted on how things go.

will do missy! :)

Timeline

I called USCIS again, just now, and had a very interesting chat wtih two different agents. The first, level one, was super nice and offered to (a) put in a request to expedite and a service request, even though I am technically not out of processing time and (B) OFFERED to transfer me to level two support.

We filled out the service request and expedite request and then I was transferred to level two. She was super nice too but not as helpful. There wasn't any extra information that I didn't already know. However, she told me something that you might find interesting.

First, she told me that their department had received a directive from the President to get all files into the system ASAP so everyone will get online updates, if they choose. Right now, some files never make it into the system and are never updated using the system.

Second, she told me that they are not particularly busy right now. Work visa apps have just about stopped because U.S. employers have to hire U.S. employees first and the economy is so bad that the employers can't justify hiring foreign workers. And, she said that the economy has affected other types of visa apps as well and they just weren't as busy as they usually are.

What do you think about that?

She also said to get my Senator involved, that they could reach the adjudicator and have my file pushed through, but she couldn't do that. I already emailed my contact there, we'll see if that helps any.

I have promised myself to not call them again. I will not do it!

Here is the email:

Dear M. Lott:

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 03/04/2009

Receipt #:

-- EAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx

Referral ID:

T1NxxxxxxxxxxVSC

God Bless

Cynthia and Ivo

Congrats guys!!!!!!! what a good news!!!

Wishing you the best to you and your SO.

Linda

Timeline

big snip

Cynthia and Ivo[/size]

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS.... I am so very happy for you two.... and being together to celebrate, even better!

The infamous 12th.... another couple UNstuck in that mystery day...

The best of luck to you both on the next leg of this journey

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.