Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Morning all, didn't seem like Friday had too many approvals :crying: . Enjoy the weekend and let's try again on Monday ;)

dgard, there is one from 3/17 , thats all i see so far,,,,ciao

06/12/2012 I-751 package sent

06/14/2012 I-751 package delivered

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

06/20/2012 NOA received(dated 06/15/2012)

07/06/2012 NOA Biometrics letter(dated 7/3/2012)

07/18/2012 Biometrics Done (only on Husband)

02/21/2013 Email received-card in production

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi again,,,ok, you fill out the ds156 online and then hit continue, it generates a barcode, you can print it and also save it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does it save it for you on your computer so that you can make changes to it also if you want and does it save it to your computer so that you can also email it and then your SO can print it and sign it with the barcide>>>>>have to find a way to do this

When you fill out the DS-156 online and click Continue, it generates a printable PDF of the entire form with a unique barcode. In addition to printing, you should also be able to save it. That PDF can't be changed, however. Any changes have to be made on the evisaforms web form, because any change would require the site to generate a new bar code.

What you should be able to do is fill it out completely, hit continue, and save the PDF to email to your SO to be printed and signed. If you need his input to fill it out, I suggest typing in as much as you know on the website and just printing the page itself—not hitting continue to create the PDF. Or work on it together using screen-sharing software like the one suggested earlier in the thread or something like gotomypc.com or gotomeeting.com (which both have free trials, I think).

In my case, I'm just filling out and printing all the forms (including the DS-156), then sending them to my SO along with the affidavit of support, reaffirmation of intent to marry, and evidence of our ongoing relationship. We've been chatting back and forth all along to get the forms all filled in.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello All,

im back in the US waiting for the rest of the process. Yesterday we got a letter from the National Visa Centre (dated Aug 3rd) saying that we can expect our case to be forwarded to Juarez, MX in about a week. We know from timelines that Juarez is very slow but we hope to get the open letter (or find out that it has been mailed) in the next month or so. It is hard coming back without him. What a rough transition.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Timeline
hi again,,,ok, you fill out the ds156 online and then hit continue, it generates a barcode, you can print it and also save it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does it save it for you on your computer so that you can make changes to it also if you want and does it save it to your computer so that you can also email it and then your SO can print it and sign it with the barcide>>>>>have to find a way to do this

When you fill out the DS-156 online and click Continue, it generates a printable PDF of the entire form with a unique barcode. In addition to printing, you should also be able to save it. That PDF can't be changed, however. Any changes have to be made on the evisaforms web form, because any change would require the site to generate a new bar code.

What you should be able to do is fill it out completely, hit continue, and save the PDF to email to your SO to be printed and signed. If you need his input to fill it out, I suggest typing in as much as you know on the website and just printing the page itself—not hitting continue to create the PDF. Or work on it together using screen-sharing software like the one suggested earlier in the thread or something like gotomypc.com or gotomeeting.com (which both have free trials, I think).

In my case, I'm just filling out and printing all the forms (including the DS-156), then sending them to my SO along with the affidavit of support, reaffirmation of intent to marry, and evidence of our ongoing relationship. We've been chatting back and forth all along to get the forms all filled in.

if you fill out the whole form and save,,,can you later trash that one and fill up another online, generating another barcode,or do you only get one????thanks so much for all your help

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

if you fill out the whole form and save,,,can you later trash that one and fill up another online, generating another barcode,or do you only get one????thanks so much for all your help

No worries. Yes, I think you can do it as many times as you need—the electronic version of the DS-156 doesn't actually submit anything to the State Department, it just generates the finished form with the unique barcode.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

No worries. Yes, I think you can do it as many times as you need—the electronic version of the DS-156 doesn't actually submit anything to the State Department, it just generates the finished form with the unique barcode.

that would be great if that is true,,,,,,,,,,,,but i wonder how to know for sure

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

that would be great if that is true,,,,,,,,,,,,but i wonder how to know for sure

Your best option might be to fill it out together on his computer using www.teamviewer.com as michey and odessa suggested. That way you can see everything on his screen and even type for him, but then he can click continue and print it out there once you're satisfied that everything is entered correctly.

Timeline

Your best option might be to fill it out together on his computer using www.teamviewer.com as michey and odessa suggested. That way you can see everything on his screen and even type for him, but then he can click continue and print it out there once you're satisfied that everything is entered correctly.

i will get too tempted to explore on his computer if i use that :devil:

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

Timeline

ole,ole..........ole,ole,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who wants to limbo??? :dance

im thinking im getting old here waiting....

Edited by strega

06/19/2012 Check Cashed

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey everyone!!! Lots of March approvals!! I'm back in Jackson, sure did miss ya'll!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Hey everyone!!! Lots of March approvals!! I'm back in Jackson, sure did miss ya'll!

Missy! I (for one) missed you!

How are you feeling? all better? tell us about your trip, please? :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I am feeling fine, just tired from the travel yesterday. The trip, even with a week's stay in the hospital in Helsingor, was an absolute dream. It is really funny, I hadn't seen Lars since January but the minute we were together again, it felt like we had never been apart. I love that feeling.....being complete and happy.

Anyway....the last few days in Copenhagen were just beautiful. This is the best time of the year to go, the weather was perfect, lots of good food and a lot of love and attention from all of the family.

The hospital stay - if I was going to get sick in Europe, in my opinion, Denmark is probably the best place to do it. The medical care was on a par with what I could get here, possibly a little bit better (once we got started).

Helsingor is a beautiful city - Hamlet's Castle is there and we took the ferry to Helsingborg, Sweden and walked around there some. We used to live near Helsingborg so it was kind of like going home for us! We rode bikes and took a day trip to Fehmarn, Germany - a tiny island between Germany and Denmark. It used to be Danish and my grandmother is from there. That was great. We also too a day trip to another small island in Denmark....Mon (I am not sure about the spelling, I think I need some special danish letter in there). We saw the white cliffs there, ate great food and walked aroud Liselund Gardens.

I wish I could have brought Lars home with me but.....he is now in Nice, France for two weeks and then he leaves for Brazzaville, Congo on the 22nd of August.

I am glad to be home, ready for the NOA2!! I really did miss all you guys, seriously!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I am feeling fine, just tired from the travel yesterday. The trip, even with a week's stay in the hospital in Helsingor, was an absolute dream. It is really funny, I hadn't seen Lars since January but the minute we were together again, it felt like we had never been apart. I love that feeling.....being complete and happy.

Anyway....the last few days in Copenhagen were just beautiful. This is the best time of the year to go, the weather was perfect, lots of good food and a lot of love and attention from all of the family.

The hospital stay - if I was going to get sick in Europe, in my opinion, Denmark is probably the best place to do it. The medical care was on a par with what I could get here, possibly a little bit better (once we got started).

Helsingor is a beautiful city - Hamlet's Castle is there and we took the ferry to Helsingborg, Sweden and walked around there some. We used to live near Helsingborg so it was kind of like going home for us! We rode bikes and took a day trip to Fehmarn, Germany - a tiny island between Germany and Denmark. It used to be Danish and my grandmother is from there. That was great. We also too a day trip to another small island in Denmark....Mon (I am not sure about the spelling, I think I need some special danish letter in there). We saw the white cliffs there, ate great food and walked aroud Liselund Gardens.

I wish I could have brought Lars home with me but.....he is now in Nice, France for two weeks and then he leaves for Brazzaville, Congo on the 22nd of August.

I am glad to be home, ready for the NOA2!! I really did miss all you guys, seriously!

WOW... sounds absolutely delightful!

Did you bring back some photos to share? :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I got the email from CRIS friday evening that my petition for my wonderful fantastic guy has been APPROVED and my noa2 is in the mail-sent that day.

I'm sure the avalanche of March 09 approvals is about to hit everyone else too! My noa1 was mar 17th.

Good lucks and I hope everyone else is soon as happy as he and I are now...

happily planning the next 6 months,

gathering info for the interview,

S & K

Edited by sera77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.