July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes, I said it, and no, i'm not going to apologize because of what I think of him. I'm not going to discuss it here either. Thats what OT is for ;)

Actually, that's not what OT or any part of this forum is for. I think I can speak for Ewok when I say that this forum in all her parts is intended to help people.

Insults should be the rare exception, not your motive or intention for posting in OT or elsewhere. Personal attacks are a violation of the TOS, not part of the VJ mission statement.

Yeah, that may be in theory, but just look at OT. And technically, I didn't directly insult you to begin with. You were being self-righteous about people using internet lingo on the internet, hence my initial and subsequent inference that you were an oldster yelling at kids to get off your lawn. Now, I dont' deny that I think you're pompous and condescending. If you read this thread in it's entirety, there are other complains to this effect. I stopped arguing about it in this forum because I know that the people who regularly post it really don't like the trolling. So, if you want to argue (dont' want to need to go into insults and get anyone banned) we can do it in OT.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
Ling Ling, don't listen to him. He's trying to kill you with kindness.

I'm going to stick around for a while. I suggest you do the same. They can ignore us all they want, but we'll always have each other :luv:

Heh, don't worry...this is my new home. Forget OT, I'm putting the bumper stickers on the Canadian forum. :)

Great meeting you by the way. :dance:

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Timeline
So, if you want to argue (dont' want to need to go into insults and get anyone banned) we can do it in OT.

Argue right here. ####### is this, the principal's office? Well if it is... I just shot the principal. He dead. Now let's go.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
So, if you want to argue (dont' want to need to go into insults and get anyone banned) we can do it in OT.

Argue right here. ####### is this, the principal's office? Well if it is... I just shot the principal. He dead. Now let's go.

But did you shoot the sheriff? What about his deputy? :unsure:

Timeline
Yes, I said it, and no, i'm not going to apologize because of what I think of him. I'm not going to discuss it here either. Thats what OT is for ;)

Actually, that's not what OT or any part of this forum is for. I think I can speak for Ewok when I say that this forum in all her parts is intended to help people.

Insults should be the rare exception, not your motive or intention for posting in OT or elsewhere. Personal attacks are a violation of the TOS, not part of the VJ mission statement.

Yeah, that may be in theory, but just look at OT. And technically, I didn't directly insult you to begin with. You were being self-righteous about people using internet lingo on the internet, hence my initial and subsequent inference that you were an oldster yelling at kids to get off your lawn. Now, I dont' deny that I think you're pompous and condescending. If you read this thread in it's entirety, there are other complains to this effect. I stopped arguing about it in this forum because I know that the people who regularly post it really don't like the trolling. So, if you want to argue (dont' want to need to go into insults and get anyone banned) we can do it in OT.

So you find a difference between direct insults and indirect/hidden insults? One is somehow better than the other?

And again, I was not complaining, but "commenting" and "questioning" the use of the word "fail".

To that end, let's suppose I was complaining. It's NOT OK for me to complain about something, but it IS OK for YOU to complain about something?

Yeah, that's not a double standard. Yeah, THAT makes hella sense. FAIL!

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

Yeah, I coudn't figure that one out either. First of all, I'm not interested in arguing. Second, she should've been banned for her personal attacks long ago.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

So you find a difference between direct insults and indirect/hidden insults? One is somehow better than the other?

And again, I was not complaining, but "commenting" and "questioning" the use of the word "fail".

To that end, let's suppose I was complaining. It's NOT OK for me to complain about something, but it IS OK for YOU to complain about something?

Come on now, lets get real here, you were whining. Does it make it better? On a morality level, no, but in terms of TOS, yes, I think there is a distinction. You were whining and made the broad assumption that people who use the terms don't actually know their etymology. So, you lobbed the first passive aggressive grenade :whistle:

Timeline

Come on now, lets get real here, you were whining. Does it make it better? On a morality level, no, but in terms of TOS, yes, I think there is a distinction. You were whining and made the broad assumption that people who use the terms don't actually know their etymology. So, you lobbed the first passive aggressive grenade :whistle:

COME ON, I whine, and you complain? Again, DOUBLE STANDARD. Did I attack you? Did I attack any person? You call it a broad assumption, I call it an educated guess. That said, can you disprove my broad assumption? Do you attack everyone who makes a broad assumption? Have you ever made a broad assumption? Should anyone that makes a broad assumption be banned from humanity? Is this the first time you've ever heard someone make a broad assumption? Is making a broad assumption something that should be dealt with via your personal attacks?

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

An educated guess? Give me a break. No, I cannot disprove yoru assumption, and neither are you able to prove it, so it is moot. Do I attack everyone who makes broad assumptions? No, but when I take it as a backhanded insult, yes I will.

Timeline
An educated guess? Give me a break. No, I cannot disprove yoru assumption, and neither are you able to prove it, so it is moot. Do I attack everyone who makes broad assumptions? No, but when I take it as a backhanded insult, yes I will.

Yes, an educated guess. Once a week I teach a class at a local university. I've asked student about the original meaning or origin of certain internet terms, and these bright and worldly youth typically do not have a clue....they just heard someone else say it. I can ask them about "fail" next week, and prove my assumption.

So you feel that my giving some anonymous group (that you don't believe exists) a so called "backhanded" insult, makes it OK for you to make judgement on me, and to make personal attacks?

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

Yes, an educated guess. Once a week I teach a class at a local university. I've asked student about the original meaning or origin of certain internet terms, and these bright and worldly youth typically do not have a clue....they just heard someone else say it. I can ask them about "fail" next week, and prove my assumption.

So you feel that my giving some anonymous group (that you don't believe exists) a so called "backhanded" insult, makes it OK for you to make judgement on me, and to make personal attacks?

I took your comment as a passive aggressive insult. I do frequently use internet terms (usually in an exaggerated manner), and thought it was directed at me as a member of a group who as you stated were ignorant of the meaning of the word. I made a comment that you were being grouchy about it (something to do with a g-string on backwards :lol:). You know, Hammurabi's code applies on the internet :rofl:

I will defer to your experience with asking educated college kids directly if they know the roots of internet slang. But they are kids, and I tend to think people on this forum are older than that and have a bit more experience with it. Yes, I spend too much time on a computer and know the terms and where they come from. It's the side effect of growing up in a Nintentdo Generation.

Timeline

I took your comment as a passive aggressive insult. I do frequently use internet terms (usually in an exaggerated manner), and thought it was directed at me as a member of a group who as you stated were ignorant of the meaning of the word. I made a comment that you were being grouchy about it (something to do with a g-string on backwards :lol:). You know, Hammurabi's code applies on the internet :rofl:

I will defer to your experience with asking educated college kids directly if they know the roots of internet slang. But they are kids, and I tend to think people on this forum are older than that and have a bit more experience with it. Yes, I spend too much time on a computer and know the terms and where they come from. It's the side effect of growing up in a Nintentdo Generation.

I don't have a passive bone in my body bucko. If I want to insult someone, I'll do it, and I don't have a problem doing it to their face.

Your logic still makes no sense at all. If you knew the origin, then you shouldn't feel insulted. If you think backhanded or passive aggressive insults are a bad thing,

then why do you feel you are above the law to run to the Canadian forum and post insults and attacks about me in a place where you thought I would never see them?

Again, this logic makes no sense. If you didn't understand my comment, or you though I was referring to you, the adult thing to do would be to ask me.

The manly thing to do would be to confront me in public, and air your concern. I think what you did was low, and unwarranted. I'd use stronger words, but I'm trying not to sink to your level of name calling again.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Captain Ewok, just for clarification - do you condone the intimidatory tactics of deadpool and other, threatening "outsiders" and telling them they are not welcome in a forum they do not own or run?

if you really want a big welcome, show up in one of these

Seal-37323.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The manly thing to do would be to confront me in public, and air your concern. I think what you did was low, and unwarranted. I'd use stronger words, but I'm trying not to sink to your level of name calling again.

Well i'm not a man but i'm happy to confront you in public.

Frankly you disgust me. You dare to call someone low when you just posted something completely irrelevant in a thread started by a person who is concerned because her cat is unwell.

Do you really think it is ok to come in here and harrass people - no it's not. Do you ever stop to think about what you say before you say it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ling Ling, don't listen to him. He's trying to kill you with kindness.

I'm going to stick around for a while. I suggest you do the same. They can ignore us all they want, but we'll always have each other :luv:

i always thought there was some peculiar event occurring when one drinks canadian water. now i know it's true! :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.