The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
In deference to the denizens of this community, i'll drop it here. OT is fair game, or we could pick this back up in your little guide thread if you like. Either way, I have no intent to read any of your comments in this sub-forum. I appologize to the rest of the Canada forum for dragging the troll here. I'll cover my tracks better in the future. :oops:

In deference to civility and sanity, perhaps you should consider changing your ways. I would especially be grateful if you didn't spend any more time contemplating my #######, ####, or any other parts of my anatomy.

Ling Ling, this is the Canadian forum. Although this entire area is, technically speaking, a public forum, that does not mean we welcome anyone and everyone with open arms. This includes those who wander in here and turn what was once a civil community into something resembling the chaos that is OT.

Maybe some people in here insulted you. Fine. It happens, especially on VJ. However, you've made your point. There's no need to drag this out. Be the "better person" and walk away.

MAYBE some people in here insulted me? Sorry I don't think there's any MAYBE about it, and I don't see where it's "Fine" in any way.

Before you try to start telling ME, whom you consider an OUTSIDER on a public forum, how to conduct myself...I suggest you first check your INSIDER Canadian members, and tell THEM how to act. Perhaps then you would have a leg to stand on.

This is to everyone. Please let the dead horse die and stop the personal attacks. I would prefer to not have to use moderation to fix what you guys should be able to do yourself (respect each other). Thank you.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ling Ling, this is the Canadian forum. Although this entire area is, technically speaking, a public forum, that does not mean we welcome anyone and everyone with open arms.

:rolleyes:

If there's a different standard of behavior that applies to the Canada forum, I'd like to see the moderators enforce it :)

AJ, quit being "That Guy". You know what he meant :P

Yes, he meant that only those that are Elite or otherwise special should be here? Doesn't sound arrogant to me.

i think the fact that Charles posts in the Canada forum proves your theory wrong :P:lol:

i enjoy the carlacoffee :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
there are no invites..:rolleyes:

Great, then everyone is invited...right? :rolleyes:

You really need to get together and create a consistent message.

Either you're all special because of a random circumstance of birth, only those invited can participate, or it's a public forum.

Maybe it's a combination of all 3. Whatever. :rolleyes:

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
GAWR! I hate Vista! I downloaded a new font to use on our wedding invites and its sitting there in a zip file, but every time I try to add it to the fonts folder it says I need administrative authority. I'm the administrator! This is my computer! The help things say to turn off user account controls and It will work. I turned them off, restarted the computer and it still won't work. What the heck! :diablo:

Can't you just downgrade back to XP? I didn't particularly like vista myself, but people here at work swear by it.

I suppose I could, but I paid good money for the upgrade and I've spent the last 2 years determined to make myself like it! I've adjusted... It has some perks, but when I have issues I don't know how to fix them! All my computer savy friends still use XP so they can't walk me through anything... And most of the help guides on the internet are still based around XP. I'm technologically slow, I need someone to hold me hand and use little words :lol:

This thread moves fast :wow:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Either you're all special because of a random circumstance of birth, only those invited can participate, or it's a public forum.

I never said you (or anyone else) had to be invited. Anyone can post; however, that doesn't mean anyone will "accept" you or want you here. There's a substantial difference between the two.

Filed: Timeline

You have to be approved of by the village elders. Very urbane.

I never said you (or anyone else) had to be invited. Anyone can post; however, that doesn't mean anyone will "accept" you or want you here. There's a substantial difference between the two.

You actually think Ling Ling or I actually care if you "want" us here? You think we care how you feel?

That's... hilarious.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
GAWR! I hate Vista! I downloaded a new font to use on our wedding invites and its sitting there in a zip file, but every time I try to add it to the fonts folder it says I need administrative authority. I'm the administrator! This is my computer! The help things say to turn off user account controls and It will work. I turned them off, restarted the computer and it still won't work. What the heck! :diablo:

Can't you just downgrade back to XP? I didn't particularly like vista myself, but people here at work swear by it.

I suppose I could, but I paid good money for the upgrade and I've spent the last 2 years determined to make myself like it! I've adjusted... It has some perks, but when I have issues I don't know how to fix them! All my computer savy friends still use XP so they can't walk me through anything... And most of the help guides on the internet are still based around XP. I'm technologically slow, I need someone to hold me hand and use little words :lol:

This thread moves fast :wow:

:lol:

Well, for me, I tried Vista when it first came out for a month and I didn't like it. Granted, it was fairly new and many of those issues have been fixed. I wanted to wait for microsoft to fix more of the bugs before i'd jump in. People never really got on board with Vista. And as such, microsoft is moving on to their next incarnation of the OS, which might just be a repackaged and re-marketed version of vista :lol:

Timeline

There is a traditional ritual involving the ingestion of maple syrup and poutine. After that, you must prove your worth by fighting several beavers and moose inside an enclosed arena.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
In deference to the denizens of this community, i'll drop it here. OT is fair game, or we could pick this back up in your little guide thread if you like. Either way, I have no intent to read any of your comments in this sub-forum. I appologize to the rest of the Canada forum for dragging the troll here. I'll cover my tracks better in the future. :oops:

In deference to civility and sanity, perhaps you should consider changing your ways. I would especially be grateful if you didn't spend any more time contemplating my #######, ####, or any other parts of my anatomy.

Ling Ling, this is the Canadian forum. Although this entire area is, technically speaking, a public forum, that does not mean we welcome anyone and everyone with open arms. This includes those who wander in here and turn what was once a civil community into something resembling the chaos that is OT.

Maybe some people in here insulted you. Fine. It happens, especially on VJ. However, you've made your point. There's no need to drag this out. Be the "better person" and walk away.

MAYBE some people in here insulted me? Sorry I don't think there's any MAYBE about it, and I don't see where it's "Fine" in any way.

Before you try to start telling ME, whom you consider an OUTSIDER on a public forum, how to conduct myself...I suggest you first check your INSIDER Canadian members, and tell THEM how to act. Perhaps then you would have a leg to stand on.

This is to everyone. Please let the dead horse die and stop the personal attacks. I would prefer to not have to use moderation to fix what you guys should be able to do yourself (respect each other). Thank you.

I don't see any problem with moderator intervention, I just wish it was more consistent in it's application.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Timeline

There is a traditional ritual involving the ingestion of maple syrup and poutine. After that, you must prove your worth by fighting several beavers and moose inside an enclosed arena.

I'll pass. I think I'll just squat on your ceremonial tribal prayer mat and take a monster dump.

I don't see any problem with moderator intervention, I just wish it was more consistent in it's application.

As if ;)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

I'll pass. I think I'll just squat on your ceremonial tribal prayer mat and take a monster dump.

As if ;)

So long as that dump is in both English and French, it's good. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.