July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Despite all the difficulties that come with raising kids, I can't wait for the day I get to start a family :D I look forward to the challenges and joys very much.

I'm the same way. I am VERY excited to be a Mom and have my own family. I love kids. I know I'm going to be so impatient waiting to have them (we're going to wait until we're a bit more established).

LOL I'm impatient too. Part of me knows we haven't been married too long, I want to enjoy married life at least a few years on our own. I need to find a job, etc. But the other part of me says forget that, I won't find a job, get preggers and be a stay at home mommy and wifey :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Despite all the difficulties that come with raising kids, I can't wait for the day I get to start a family :D I look forward to the challenges and joys very much.

They are AMAZING! It is a challenge but it is an amazing one.

Before I had my son (yes he was unplanned) I said that I didn't want kids, in fact I said I'd never have children. I had it in my mind that raising a child in this day and age was a form of abuse because of all the negative in the world. But my son is the best thing to happen to me.

DPX: You just never know what your future holds. I hope you double bag it in order to avoid any soldiers from getting past the gates if you really feel that way. :P

Kids run around, kids make noise. Discipline is important but kids will be kids, it's how they learn.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Sometimes I wish that I could behave with wild abandon like a kid does. If I don't like or want to do something I would like the option to just stand there and scream "NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You mean I shouldn't do that? :unsure:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sometimes I wish that I could behave with wild abandon like a kid does. If I don't like or want to do something I would like the option to just stand there and scream "NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, funny, but it appeals to me too :lol:

Filed: Timeline

Especially in the cereal or candy aisle at the grocery store when someone tells you to put that back. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

oh mah gawd, someone came into the front lobby of the building and was waiting for something. They had their lunch with em. Some sort of middle eastern food. The smell is starting to waft throughout the first floor and I think i'm going to puke. I can't stand middle eastern food >.<

Timeline
oh mah gawd, someone came into the front lobby of the building and was waiting for something. They had their lunch with em. Some sort of middle eastern food. The smell is starting to waft throughout the first floor and I think i'm going to puke. I can't stand middle eastern food >.<

How do you feel about microwave popcorn in the office?

Filed: Timeline

The good stuff smells nummy. The cheap stuff smells gross. We used to have a guy in our office who would have a meltdown and go home if anyone popped popcorn. :blink:

iagree.gif

Timeline

The good stuff smells nummy. The cheap stuff smells gross. We used to have a guy in our office who would have a meltdown and go home if anyone popped popcorn. :blink:

I like popcorn (Mel absolutely hates it). I like the smell of it in the office, but I absolutely hate it when someone burns it. That smell doesn't go away for a long time :angry:

Timeline

My co-worker and I used to always make micro popcorn and share a bag, it peeved off our boss so bad. We started doing it on purpose to annoy her, she said she hated the smell so we'd make more.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Especially in the cereal or candy aisle at the grocery store when someone tells you to put that back. lol

tee hee... usually it's when hubby says "no chips".. I'm a sucker for chips :whistle:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I hate government.

The ICBC office I went to told me that I have 30 days in which I am required to get an AirCare inspection. Canadian Tire told me I didn't have to if my car is getting registered for the first time and merely needs to pass it before my first insurance renewal. That same ICBC office said "Canadian Tire doesn't know what they're talking about."

Okay, so I was more inclined to believe ICBC. After all, they insure vehicles, right? Even so, I decided to check online and right on ICBC's website it says the EXACT SAME THING that Canadian Tire told me.

So either that particular ICBC office had no idea what their own rules were or they were somehow attempting to rip me off. Either way, I'm a little concerned when the sole provider of auto insurance in the province has absolutely no clue.

Timeline

My co-worker and I used to always make micro popcorn and share a bag, it peeved off our boss so bad. We started doing it on purpose to annoy her, she said she hated the smell so we'd make more.

I guess you didn't like her :huh:

Sentinel - I agree with and understand pretty much everything you've said here about kids. I have experienced very similar things with my extended family, and have thought the very same things many, many times. And yeah, sometimes it is definitely good to vent about it.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Timeline

I guess you didn't like her :huh:

:lol: Not really she was a meanie and a bully and like to humiliate you in front of others rather than behind closed doors.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.