July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Oh great. Our 25-year high school reunion is being planned on Facebook. I don't really want to register on Facebook just to see it but I kind of do want to go.

And I am desparately craving a chocolate chip cookie right now.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh great. Our 25-year high school reunion is being planned on Facebook. I don't really want to register on Facebook just to see it but I kind of do want to go.

If you have the information for your reunion, I can log onto Facebook and tell you what's going on. :)

If you have the information for your reunion, I can log onto Facebook and tell you what's going on. :)

Ditto. I'm on Facebook as well. Just PM me or Sentinel if we can help you out! :lol:

And I adore your new pic Sonoran!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so, in the latest bridezilla saga, this is what all the bridemaids got from the bridezilla's sister.

Lacy asked you all to be Bridesmaids because she and Chris considered you to be important parts in their lives. When Lacy asked you to be Bridesmaids, you obligated yourselves to the above duties. If you were unable to fulfill ANY of them, even on the financial end, you should have declined. It is EXTREMELY unfair at this point to say what you cannot spend. You are putting the rest of us (and my parents) in a predicament.

I am VERY insulted at those last 2 emails. You girls have done nothing but complain about everything. You have spent more time saying what you aren't going to do. I am sick of it. I have spent alot of time researching places to have a nice, yet inexpensive shower. $189 is totally reasonable. We are giving guests a nice meal, which is our duty. It includes sou or salad, pasta, and entree, and beverages..plus tx/gratuity.Technically, we should be responsible for the cake, decorations, favors, invitations, etc as well. My family and I are beside ourselves with the way some of you are acting about this. You act like I'm trying to rip you off or pocket the money. I don't know where you live..or what you do, but things cost what they cost!!! Should I call McDonald's and see if they have room for 70?! Because with the price you want to spend, we'll be giving guests Happy Meals. What do you think we are going to be able to do with $200, including the gift?! I have been in many weddings and have never encountered this kind of stuff. I'm at a loss for words to be honest.I'm trying to give my sister and your "friend" a nice shower. I feel like you are making this all about you. It is about Lacy..and her special day. Don't you want to give her a nice day she will never forget?? I really didn't want to get confrontational with you. It's not my style, but you have pushed me there.It's not like we have to throw her 2 showers..or shes asking you to take her to Vegas for her Bachelorette Party.How can I give an EXACT amount of things when nothing is set in stone?! You want me to quote you to the penny up front. I cannot do that. How do I know what its going to cost in the end?! I'm sorry I went ahead and booked the CHEAPEST place. I did that to appease YOU. Have any of you even researched prices of things?? Because if you did, you'll know its not doable. If it were up to me, I'd have it somewhere better..and I'd pay for it myself. If anyone is being "hurt" it's Lacy..you girls are not being very good "friends".

I'm not talking about this over email anymore. I am aggrivated beyond belief. This should be fun and exciting and all it is doing it causing everyone grief. We need to get togeher and talk about this in person. ASAP.

:lol: This is all too surreal.

I should add I've paid $300.00 for my dress already. (without shoes or anything else)

They are asking for 200 dollars from all of us without including anything like the shower gift. We are now looking at $350.00 per bridesmaid just for the shower.

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

I just got a phone call at work from the school... story of my life.

So my son did a creative writing assignment and called it: "God Bless the World" and in it he wrote about and wondered why Americans were asking god to bless them when they already seemed so blessed, and why they weren't asking for God to bless the world as a whole.

I have heard my son speak of this before when he sees the bumper stickers and stuff, but I never corrected him, nor have I found it offensive. But his teacher is offended and would like to have me talk to him about the way he chooses to write. I told her that I didn't think there was a problem and she said: "Oh but there is...." I just said that there wasn't again and I ended the call.

I personally found the story to be thought provoking for a 10 year old child. Why must people be so sensitive. It wasn't a hateful story... it was actually really beautiful. Blah. I hate school.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
so, in the latest bridezilla saga, this is what all the bridemaids got from the bridezilla's sister.

Lacy asked you all to be Bridesmaids because she and Chris considered you to be important parts in their lives. When Lacy asked you to be Bridesmaids, you obligated yourselves to the above duties. If you were unable to fulfill ANY of them, even on the financial end, you should have declined. It is EXTREMELY unfair at this point to say what you cannot spend. You are putting the rest of us (and my parents) in a predicament.

I am VERY insulted at those last 2 emails. You girls have done nothing but complain about everything. You have spent more time saying what you aren't going to do. I am sick of it. I have spent alot of time researching places to have a nice, yet inexpensive shower. $189 is totally reasonable. We are giving guests a nice meal, which is our duty. It includes sou or salad, pasta, and entree, and beverages..plus tx/gratuity.Technically, we should be responsible for the cake, decorations, favors, invitations, etc as well. My family and I are beside ourselves with the way some of you are acting about this. You act like I'm trying to rip you off or pocket the money. I don't know where you live..or what you do, but things cost what they cost!!! Should I call McDonald's and see if they have room for 70?! Because with the price you want to spend, we'll be giving guests Happy Meals. What do you think we are going to be able to do with $200, including the gift?! I have been in many weddings and have never encountered this kind of stuff. I'm at a loss for words to be honest.I'm trying to give my sister and your "friend" a nice shower. I feel like you are making this all about you. It is about Lacy..and her special day. Don't you want to give her a nice day she will never forget?? I really didn't want to get confrontational with you. It's not my style, but you have pushed me there.It's not like we have to throw her 2 showers..or shes asking you to take her to Vegas for her Bachelorette Party.How can I give an EXACT amount of things when nothing is set in stone?! You want me to quote you to the penny up front. I cannot do that. How do I know what its going to cost in the end?! I'm sorry I went ahead and booked the CHEAPEST place. I did that to appease YOU. Have any of you even researched prices of things?? Because if you did, you'll know its not doable. If it were up to me, I'd have it somewhere better..and I'd pay for it myself. If anyone is being "hurt" it's Lacy..you girls are not being very good "friends".

I'm not talking about this over email anymore. I am aggrivated beyond belief. This should be fun and exciting and all it is doing it causing everyone grief. We need to get togeher and talk about this in person. ASAP.

:lol: This is all too surreal.

I should add I've paid $300.00 for my dress already. (without shoes or anything else)

They are asking for 200 dollars from all of us without including anything like the shower gift. We are now looking at $350.00 per bridesmaid just for the shower.

Yea I don't care about family politics enough I guess because I would honestly say: "** YOU!"

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

umm omg and omg.

Amanda and Sprailenes!

Amanda - am I reading that correctly and you have to chip in for the shower????

Sprailenes - your Son's teacher is wayyyyy out of line!!

wow!!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Yea I am thinking of calling the superintendent again. I don't want to be that parent, but what else can I do? I am his only advocate. If it were wrong and offensive I would have agreed but I read it lastnight, she marked it up pretty good and asked me to sign it to prove I read it and then I guess called me this morning to discuss what I had read.

Kids aren't freaking robots. They think, feel, and express.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I should clarify :lol:

I understand that the MOH and bridesmaids usually organize a shower - but that email was wrong on so many levels - what I meant really is that the money they are asking you to fork out is totally out of line.

I would have quit that wedding a long time ago.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Wow, Nev. That is REALLY awful. What a terrible and constricting world we live in. He didn't do anything wrong! They are crushing your son's creative mind.

Traliy-Yes, we are to pay for the shower. We are paying for apprx. 70 people. I've never heard of the bridesmaids paying for the shower before. Maybe if mommy and daddy weren't paying for a 50,000 dollar wedding, they'd have enough money to pay for the shower.

They think this is reasonable and are calling us the ungrateful ones.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

It's here krikit! :)

So my son did a creative writing assignment and called it: "God Bless the World" and in it he wrote about and wondered why Americans were asking god to bless them when they already seemed so blessed, and why they weren't asking for God to bless the world as a whole.

I have heard my son speak of this before when he sees the bumper stickers and stuff, but I never corrected him, nor have I found it offensive. But his teacher is offended and would like to have me talk to him about the way he chooses to write. I told her that I didn't think there was a problem and she said: "Oh but there is...." I just said that there wasn't again and I ended the call.

I personally found the story to be thought provoking for a 10 year old child. Why must people be so sensitive. It wasn't a hateful story... it was actually really beautiful. Blah. I hate school.

Timeline

Take it to the principal girl, although meet first with the teacher to find out why she is offended, perhaps there is something more to it. Stay calm and gather the facts.

Whip out the American idea of free speech, everyone has a right to their opinion when expressed in an approriate way which doesn't hurt anyone

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

She's offended because she feels he took a wonderful "quote" (as she put it) and put an unacceptable spin on it. I have read the paper. He questioned why America is always asking god to bless them and them only. He said God needs to bless the middle east and Africa and all the poor countries in the world before blessing countries that are already blessed. Maybe because he said Middle East? I don't know.

He took something he sees everywhere and took it literally and wrote about it. In Canada you don't hear us going on about: "GOD BLESS CANADA" so its something that is new to him and it has him thinking... it's had him thinking since he arrived here and this was an opportunity for him to talk about that feeling.

It wasn't a major assignment it was in his creative writing book, but still. The fact that she called me at work about this... there are kids probably being bullied at that school, perhaps there is a kid who really needs help. And you're calling me over this??? Please.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.