July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Why is there no fricking reciprocity for licensure in any of the states I am looking at jobs in???!!! I am an LCSW in GA and an LICSW in NH. No reciprocity means I have to track down my former supervisors, have them verify supervision hours, plus I have to complete all the other paperwork, college and grad school transcripts, etc. C'mon! I have already done this for 2 states and obtained licensure there. Why do I have to do all this bull*&*t paperwork again?!!! GRRRR.

Of course, what makes this worse is that I am trying to do our taxes (yes I know I procrastinated) and also filing to remove conditions on my husband's green card, plus applying for more financial aid for the endless medical bills related to Declan's surgery. I am SWAMPED with paperwork and the idea of more makes me want to hide.

How asinine that you have to fill out those papers for your licensure! What would happen if you didn't have licensure or obtain it, until you were offered a job in another state?

Paperwork, paperwork...give those Removing conditions papers to your husband!

Big Hugs autumn!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Why is there no fricking reciprocity for licensure in any of the states I am looking at jobs in???!!! I am an LCSW in GA and an LICSW in NH. No reciprocity means I have to track down my former supervisors, have them verify supervision hours, plus I have to complete all the other paperwork, college and grad school transcripts, etc. C'mon! I have already done this for 2 states and obtained licensure there. Why do I have to do all this bull*&*t paperwork again?!!! GRRRR.

Of course, what makes this worse is that I am trying to do our taxes (yes I know I procrastinated) and also filing to remove conditions on my husband's green card, plus applying for more financial aid for the endless medical bills related to Declan's surgery. I am SWAMPED with paperwork and the idea of more makes me want to hide.

Ya it sucks, same goes for Nursing, but there are what is called "compact states" and your license is good in them as well. The others you just have to apply, and fork over more $$$$$$. Its all a ttl $$$$ grab. As I have stated many times before, their is no "United" in the "States"

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
DeadPool! You know, it just occurred to me..... you could be allergic to something in your diet. Mild allergic reactions, dependent on how much you have consumed or how sensitive you are to the chemical/item, causes you to have that internal itching sensation. Severe allergic reactions will make you break out in hives and swelling.... sometimes leading to death due to the airways constricting, or anaphylactic shock. You should take note of what you eat and how you feel afterwards. That'll give you a good indication of whether you're allergic to it or not. I find Benadryl works really well to counter the problem..... it has anti-histamines in it.

I'm highly sensitive to some drugs and certain chemicals in processed food so I have to be really careful about what I eat or what drugs I am given by medical professionals. My Mom actually died from anaphylactic shock. The ambulance took her to the hospital and she was admitted DOA. They finally had to inject something (I believe it was epinephrine) directly into her heart because nothing else was working. Thank God they were able to bring her back, and she is doing well. She does wear a medic alert bracelet, now, and I have been shown how to use the epi shock kit if it happens again.

I'm glad your mom made it through. :)

As for food allergies, that could be it. I know my grandmother is severely allergic to fish (which sometimes depresses her since she loves sushi) and my mother was allergic to eggs. From what I've gathered, I'm not allergic to either of those, but I might be allergic to something else.

I suppose I'll have to keep a food journal. My wife suggested that and I didn't listen to her. To make up for that, I shall give her the television remote control for a week. :blush:

Filed: Timeline
I'm glad your mom made it through. :)

As for food allergies, that could be it. I know my grandmother is severely allergic to fish (which sometimes depresses her since she loves sushi) and my mother was allergic to eggs. From what I've gathered, I'm not allergic to either of those, but I might be allergic to something else.

I suppose I'll have to keep a food journal. My wife suggested that and I didn't listen to her. To make up for that, I shall give her the television remote control for a week. :blush:

:lol:

Don't forget to make note of the list of chemicals in processed foods. It's usually the sulphites, the nitrates/nitrites, and/or the msg which causes problems, but it could also be the dyes. *sigh* It's such a pita. lol

iagree.gif

@ E - Awww, thanks, you are a sweetie :) Actually, most of the paperwork is ready to be sent in for removing conditions. We are just waiting on those dang court records from the fricking early 80s. I called USCIS and was told that the records have to be certified (an official court copy), not just my copy of records that I had submitted previously with the K-1 application.

@ Carla - I think I am going to start pursuing job opportunities and then, when something is offered or at least looks very promising, get the license. The tricky thing (that I forgot to vent about) is that I am probably going to apply for both jobs as a psychotherapist (needing the LCSW license) and jobs as a school social worker (which requires an altogether different certification). I am a certified school social worker in GA, but of course, that doesn't transfer too. Some of the school jobs have been REALLY picky about not accepting applications unless you are certified in that state already. And even if I do get a job in the school system, I will want my clinical licensure, as ideally I will have a small private practice too. Of course, if I get a school job, I would focus first on obtaining the school certificate and then could get my clinical licensure at my leisure. At least I took a nationwide exam years ago to be a clinical social worker, so I don't have to retake an exam. I just won't move to CA, because I think they still have their own exam that is not nationwide, and honestly, I have no desire to jump through that hoop again!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok wow lots of stuff going on hope i can keep it straight.

Autumn-- I can't belive they want you to get another certified copy of the court paper. When I sent in mine to Montreal I was happy they sent it back to me with our visa's. When we sent it in for the AOS I was hoping they would send it back too but nope they still have. We did fill out some form to get the original back i'm hoping they do send it back I had to fight the court house for almost a year to get mine (it was locked away in Toronto). Anyways hope you get it soon.

I can just imagine how frustrated you are trying to get the license ####### done after doing it twice.

Trailmix -- sorry to hear about your hubby's foot, bugs suck.

DPX-- have you ever been tested for allergies, i think i remember you saying you are asthmatic so not sure if they did the allergy thing on ya and you already know you dont have any or just guessing. I'm sure you know allergies and asthma go hand in hand. I break out in hives when i'm cold. Cold air/water it doesn't matter and I itch so badly but when i warm up its gone. Good thing I dont live in the SAult anymore lol.

Anyways I can relate to the hurting yourself to get the itching to stop when i was younger my legs hurt so much i use to hit them in my sleep. Well I out grew the hitting them in my sleep for the most part but the pain is always there, i'm just not bruising myself as much. I'm tired of retelling the same thing to every doctor i see.It started as growin pains, now they say mechanics. I had bone scans x-rays and the only ting they show is my right kidney is not in it right place. i dont know where it is but its not where it should be. I toss and turn every nightin tears cause i'm so tired of hurting and just want to sleep.

Krikit glad you mom made it through, I have tested positive for having server food allergies but i'm not sure what it does to me since I still eat all of what i'm allergic too I'm starting to think maybe i should fill out the perscription for the ep pen.

edit to add hubby is gone to the sleep clinic tonight i'm home alone and bored lol

Danielle

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

today i am trying to figure out my options with my leased car....... and i feel like AK*^%^%&%*&!!!!!!!!!..

I hate this ... this is more mind boggling than the immigration forms

K-3:

Marriage : 2008-03-22

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-15

Appointment @ consulate: 2009-04-09 - Approved!

Picked up K3 visa & passport: 2009-04-14

POE @ Blaine, WA: 2009-04-24

EAD app sent to USCIS California: 2009-04-28

EAD app rec'd @ USCIC CA: 2009-04-30

EAD NOA: 2009-05-11

Biometrics Appt: 2009-07-27

EAD Approved/Card Production: 2009-7-31

EAD Received: 2009-09-06

AOS packet & change of address sent: 2009-12-23

Biometrics Interview: 2010-02-23

Interview Date: 2010-03-16 APPROVED

GC received March 29, 2010

Removal of Conditions

Application sent: January 04, 2012

Rec'd Notice of Bio appt: January 24, 2012

Biometrics appt: February 24, 2012

Rec'd approval notice: dated July 7, 2012

Rec'd 10yr green card: July 17, 2012 (dated july 10, 2012) - rec'd IR-6 status

Vancouver Consulate Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190588

POE Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193529

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

venting????

hmmm....i can't find a decent job, and have to work at this temp project which is a huge mind #$#$

(but i also am thankful that i have it...even if it barely pays for small things)

i'm pissed my paperwork hasn't been "touched" but perhaps i'm just overtly nervous about all this stuff. it's been 6 months, nearly 7 that i have not seen my husband and i'm sad...another birthday without him.

i'm worried about the paperwork,etc...

basically, trying to be patient and hard to actually be patient...i know you all have gone through this hell and it stinks, i just am tired of having this lump in my throat and this burden on my shoulders every single day i wake up....makes me feel like not waking up in the morning sometimes :(

and finally i hate that this has affected me so much emotionally..........i just want him by my side...is that so much to ask? :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
and finally i hate that this has affected me so much emotionally..........i just want him by my side...is that so much to ask? :(

I used to ask that question all the time. Then I keep telling myself that its just a small hurdle when I look @ the big picture and that when this is over, I have learned to be patient (which is one of my biggest fault) and so many other things during this crazy mind boggling times.

Im so happy there's a vent thread.

K-3:

Marriage : 2008-03-22

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-15

Appointment @ consulate: 2009-04-09 - Approved!

Picked up K3 visa & passport: 2009-04-14

POE @ Blaine, WA: 2009-04-24

EAD app sent to USCIS California: 2009-04-28

EAD app rec'd @ USCIC CA: 2009-04-30

EAD NOA: 2009-05-11

Biometrics Appt: 2009-07-27

EAD Approved/Card Production: 2009-7-31

EAD Received: 2009-09-06

AOS packet & change of address sent: 2009-12-23

Biometrics Interview: 2010-02-23

Interview Date: 2010-03-16 APPROVED

GC received March 29, 2010

Removal of Conditions

Application sent: January 04, 2012

Rec'd Notice of Bio appt: January 24, 2012

Biometrics appt: February 24, 2012

Rec'd approval notice: dated July 7, 2012

Rec'd 10yr green card: July 17, 2012 (dated july 10, 2012) - rec'd IR-6 status

Vancouver Consulate Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190588

POE Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193529

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I used to ask that question all the time. Then I keep telling myself that its just a small hurdle when I look @ the big picture and that when this is over, I have learned to be patient (which is one of my biggest fault) and so many other things during this crazy mind boggling times.

Im so happy there's a vent thread.

You are right........... in the meantime, I'm going to try to go back to uni this fall to get my MA so at least I can obsess about school & work and what not and not have to focus on this stuff so much...and hopefully by then he will be there...thanks for the kind words....I hear it loud and clear :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline

I'm a little grumpy this morning, if some of you recall we wanted to get a pup and couldn't, the condo board was going to vote on it. This morning our landlord e-mailed us back:

"Hi Jill & Glen, Unfortunately I couldn't get the dog rule modified for me to allow a dog in each unit. In fact they are tightening up on the dog rules. You will probably see letters from management over the next few months. "

I just think it's effing ridic that we can't get a little 10 pound dog. WHAT is he going to do. WHY is one allowed per duplex and not two. What kind of people are on this board that make these bloody rules that don't make sense. And WHY are they making the rules even tighter, this place sucks. I want to move when our lease is up in November because I don't want our lives to be governed by these people. It's not just the dog thing, it's the principle.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

That is super ridiculous Jill. Now they are going to lose some great tenants because of their lame rules.

I think its unfair that one tenant can have a dog and another can't. I know in Ontario a landlord can't technically tell you that you can't have a pet. Sure they can write it in, but if you get a pet that isn't reason enough to evict you.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
That is super ridiculous Jill. Now they are going to lose some great tenants because of their lame rules.

I think its unfair that one tenant can have a dog and another can't. I know in Ontario a landlord can't technically tell you that you can't have a pet. Sure they can write it in, but if you get a pet that isn't reason enough to evict you.

I thought that too.... I did check the lease though and it says no pets, so I don't know if we could fight that since we signed it. I wish I knew about this stuff before I moved in, but it's too late now. I would have definitely wanted to move elsewhere.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Well hey, look at it this way...you guys won't be there forever!! You've got a million years ahead of you and many years to get a dog.

They are so much work too. It really sucks. :lol: I love them but it can be REALLY tough. Bella just got a UTI and her xray, lab tests and medications were like 200 bucks.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.