July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We have had company since last Friday. They left today. While they were here they kept the doors to the spare bedroom and the bathroom they used closed. Today after they left I opened them and almost suffocated from the smell! Musty, moldy, yech! Both rooms were spotless - and I even had an air freshener in the room to make it smell nice - when they arrived. I don't know how they got the sheets to smell musty but they did - they are in the wash now with bleach and hot water! They had the bedroom window open (even though it got into the 40s overnight) and I can see why. I had left out clean towels for them - 2 sets for each of the couple. I found them all, damp and smelling of mold stuffed into the waste basket of the bathroom, along with one of the extra sets that hang there for effect but aren't really used. They must have used a different towel or two every day and instead of letting them dry, just balled them up damp and put them in the waste basket! These are good towels - I hope they recover after being washed as well! Now, these are two adults who both own their own homes . . . you think they would know better! I honestly don't understand this at all. I have Fabreezed all of the surfaces in the bedroom and will be doing it again and cleaned the bathroom with Fantastick. There is still a lingering odour in the air of mustiness and I have kept the window open. They were only here 3 days! And to think I was worried that they might smell the cat litter box in the laundry room next door (they didn't cause I scooped it several times a day).

Ewwww. :dead: Maybe they won't come back. lol

I agree. I'm guessing that the bathtub or sink (if you're lucky) overflowed and they tried to sop up the mess. The alternative is that another device in the bathroom (you know which one) overflowed and now the drywall, the floor, the carpet and who knows what has taken up the moisture and the mold is starting to form if it hasn't already. Judging by the mustiness, I fear that it has.

Hehehe fortunately no. No, the towels weren't soaked - they were that damp you have when you take a shower, then all rolled up and put into the waste basket. I suspect they had something that had the mold spore with them (Joe has told me some interesting stories about these people that makes me think their own place must be pretty musty). I thoroughly cleaned out the bathroom, threw away the garbage bag liner and let things air out. Today the odor is gone. I just needed to remove everything that was contaminated. The mustiness was confined to the towels and waste basket, fortunately.

:dance: Looks like you dodged a bullet. I'll bet next time that you won't invite relatives of the The Swamp Thing. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

We were supposed to all get to work early today to arrange transport to the site where we were to get the H1N1 vaccine today. Well, this morning, I get an email that says due to shortages, they will be giving it to people based upon priority. I understand that first responders (PD/FD) need to get it first. But after that, the priority list is completely whacked. It is basically based on seniority. Half the people who are going first have zero contact with the public, but they do have 20-30 years of seniority.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont like it when my posts get moved away from the Canadian forum. lol if I wanted everyones thoughts on what I posted I would have posted it in that forum...I'm not dumb.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I dont like it when my posts get moved away from the Canadian forum. lol if I wanted everyones thoughts on what I posted I would have posted it in that forum...I'm not dumb.

Just send the mods an email maybe?

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Just send the mods an email maybe?

Along with a flaming bag of manure. :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Just put below the subject line "Please leave in Canada forum" that's what some people do

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Sometimes... a lot of the time... I'll really try to stay on top of my boss about certain things. I need specific information from her in order to complete my job and I'll ask her for it... continue to wait... and then ask again.

I understand she's busy and all but I would like to move on from what I am doing also.

The thing is, the next day she'll ask me about it, and ask me why it's not complete and when I tell her because I needed information she'll say: "Well you gotta stay on top of me!" Hmm okay I tried to.

Sometimes I'll just make up bullsh1t numbers and put the documents desk so it looks like I've completed it, she'll come back to me and say: "Where did you get these numbers?? These aren't right!" but at least this way she will correct me asap and then I can finish what I am doing.

I think I am meant to like own my own business and not work under someone... I really do. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Oh I know. I once had a boss tell me everything was my fault one day because I didn't call her to wake her up.

I've worked with the incapable before.. it always makes work life "interesting"

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your boss sounds like a douchette!

So sorry...

In other news... I was wondering what the hell that smell was in my office -- it was my soup from lunch under a proof!

:blink:

Oh I know. I once had a boss tell me everything was my fault one day because I didn't call her to wake her up.

I've worked with the incapable before.. it always makes work life "interesting"

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

People who just appear out of nowhere that you've never heard of before announcing that they either A) Got an interview or B) are waiting and have been forever or whatever BUT They don't fill in timelines or give date specific details that help the rest of us get a bead on who/what/when sort of thing.

We can't celebrate or commiserate or help if we dont' know anything. And then then these people usually just leave after that one announcement.

:bonk:

It's a pet peeve of mine.

Sorry.

Uh... that sunglasses guy just appeared there i was trying to make a bracket and a b...

so uh.. yeah...

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Ugh...I hate finding out stuff online about my brother..like someone (ie. stupid puck bunny) created this stupid forum asking if he has a girlfriend or not...and from the past year all these girls are making comments about his love life and how many girls he dates at once, etc.

I know my brother is a player...literally. haha But, I don't like it being online.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
Ugh...I hate finding out stuff online about my brother..like someone (ie. stupid puck bunny) created this stupid forum asking if he has a girlfriend or not...and from the past year all these girls are making comments about his love life and how many girls he dates at once, etc.

I know my brother is a player...literally. haha But, I don't like it being online.

come on amanda, don't hate the player, hate the game :lol: (gotta love quoting an old Too Short song)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't have enough vent in me this morning to properly vent about this guy.

He campaigned, successfully, against a plan to bring subsidized housing for seniors into town by declaring, "I don't want to live next to poor people. I don't want poor people in my town."

*facepalm*

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline
I don't have enough vent in me this morning to properly vent about this guy.

He campaigned, successfully, against a plan to bring subsidized housing for seniors into town by declaring, "I don't want to live next to poor people. I don't want poor people in my town."

*facepalm*

Wow that attorney in that article is a real douchebag.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.