July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

^ Hope you're feeling better DPX and the migraine is gone. Sucks when stuff like that happens when you plan on doing something for someone else.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPX, don't berate yourself! Your wife said she understood...

You'd be a danger to yourself and others on the road is you were driving with that kind of migraine! You were doing everyone a favour yesterday morning!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm angry at myself.

My wife was flying to Edmonton on a work-related trip this morning and I had previously told her I'd drive her to the airport. Well, I woke up with an absolutely killer migraine. I took medication, but nothing helped.

She took a cab and told me that "she wasn't annoyed and didn't blame me." I'm glad about that, but I'm still pissed off at myself. I said I would drive her and in the end, I couldn't do it.

And yeah, I mean I really couldn't do it. The pain was murdering me, I couldn't think straight and my vision was temporarily messed up. I knew she was right, but still...

The migraine is gone now. But that's after taking the following: two Relpax, two Aleve, two Ultracet and one Reglan. Yeah, it was bad. I also ended up sleeping from 7AM to 3:30PM. So I not only wasted the ENTIRE day, but I also screwed up my sleep pattern!

Hey, best that you didn't drive like Carla said. These things happen. Sorry to hear you were so ill though.

Rob - I think some times aggression is JUST aggression and not necessarily insecurity. There is a dominance factor when you have two dogs involved. I see it at the dog park all the time. I've seen my little guy nip because of his nervousness. But, I've seen other dogs bite because they are just pissed off and they want their toy, not for someone else to have it. I was going to give away little oscar a few months ago, remember? We stuck it out and he's still a pain but I couldn't give him up.

I hope it works out for you and mel with her. But if she continues to bite, you might even have to have her put down. Imagine if she bit a little kid?

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm angry at myself.

My wife was flying to Edmonton on a work-related trip this morning and I had previously told her I'd drive her to the airport. Well, I woke up with an absolutely killer migraine. I took medication, but nothing helped.

She took a cab and told me that "she wasn't annoyed and didn't blame me." I'm glad about that, but I'm still pissed off at myself. I said I would drive her and in the end, I couldn't do it.

And yeah, I mean I really couldn't do it. The pain was murdering me, I couldn't think straight and my vision was temporarily messed up. I knew she was right, but still...

The migraine is gone now. But that's after taking the following: two Relpax, two Aleve, two Ultracet and one Reglan. Yeah, it was bad. I also ended up sleeping from 7AM to 3:30PM. So I not only wasted the ENTIRE day, but I also screwed up my sleep pattern!

Hey, best that you didn't drive like Carla said. These things happen. Sorry to hear you were so ill though.

Rob - I think some times aggression is JUST aggression and not necessarily insecurity. There is a dominance factor when you have two dogs involved. I see it at the dog park all the time. I've seen my little guy nip because of his nervousness. But, I've seen other dogs bite because they are just pissed off and they want their toy, not for someone else to have it. I was going to give away little oscar a few months ago, remember? We stuck it out and he's still a pain but I couldn't give him up.

I hope it works out for you and mel with her. But if she continues to bite, you might even have to have her put down. Imagine if she bit a little kid?

I think I need to clarify. She has only bit me and my wife. She has been around my niece and nephew (who will turn two this weekend) and is very well behaved, as far as a puppy can be. To be perfectly honest, she is so much better behaved when she is not at home. She doesn't get angry aggressive with our other dog, it's more of a jealosy thing I think. She has several bad habits that are extremely frustrating in breaking her of them. I've always been a vocal advocate for adopting rescued animals. However, I don't think I will ever get one again. This dog is a handful, and the utter disrepsect and outright lying from the county shelter we got her from is too much.

Timeline

Yeah that's really bad on their part. Foolish, in fact, because you are misrepresenting the pet and they might not end up getting the best care OR they may not be what people wanted in the first place!

It's good she hasn't bit any one else, but she may eventually. I mean our dogs "mouth" us, but they've never bitten us or anything. We have jealousy problems at home as well but I feel like that will always exist when there is more than one pet. Hell, humans have that problem too and we understand it far better! haha

I hope you guys can sort it out.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Yeah that's really bad on their part. Foolish, in fact, because you are misrepresenting the pet and they might not end up getting the best care OR they may not be what people wanted in the first place!

It's good she hasn't bit any one else, but she may eventually. I mean our dogs "mouth" us, but they've never bitten us or anything. We have jealousy problems at home as well but I feel like that will always exist when there is more than one pet. Hell, humans have that problem too and we understand it far better! haha

I hope you guys can sort it out.

Yeah, I was furious when we first found out that they had lied about the dog. Generally, they do "mouth" , and sometimes, the puppy who is still teething will gnaw, but nothing more or less. This past weekend was the only time she has bitten like that. For me, it is difficult because that has always been one of those set in stone lines that you don't cross, or else. But seeing how this puppy has been very slow to pick things up, I asked Mel if we could give her another chance. I'm not a big fan of corporal punishment, but I do spank her on the bum and tell her no when I catch her doing something she knows she is not supposed to do. I'm cutting that out completely and just going with the no and moving her back to where she should be. She is also getting an additional walk, to burn off some energy.

Timeline
I'm angry at myself.

I think I need to clarify. She has only bit me and my wife. She has been around my niece and nephew (who will turn two this weekend) and is very well behaved, as far as a puppy can be. To be perfectly honest, she is so much better behaved when she is not at home. She doesn't get angry aggressive with our other dog, it's more of a jealosy thing I think. She has several bad habits that are extremely frustrating in breaking her of them. I've always been a vocal advocate for adopting rescued animals. However, I don't think I will ever get one again. This dog is a handful, and the utter disrepsect and outright lying from the county shelter we got her from is too much.

In other words... the exact opposite of a young child. :D

Timeline
I'm angry at myself.

Actually, in my experience, she is just like a young child. I was always better behaved for others. I would have suffered a fate worse than no transformers if I misbehaved in front of friends or family. :P

Timeline
I'm angry at myself.

Actually, in my experience, she is just like a young child. I was always better behaved for others. I would have suffered a fate worse than no transformers if I misbehaved in front of friends or family. :P

I dunno... I still get a little ticked off when I think of the all the Transformers my younger brother broke. He turned an ORIGINAL metal-made Optimus Prime in a paraplegic! Even worse, he broke Hot Rod, a Transformer that was really difficult to find.

Yes, I'm a geek and proud of it. :dance:

Timeline

I love transformers.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I still have an original diecast starscream practically brand new. I gave it to my husband, but if anything ever happens between us, I am so taking it back!

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I remember this memory vividly. For my birthday, I had asked for a Starscream and an Optimus Prime. My grandmother got me Starscream, and my parents tried to cop out by getting me Gobots. Seriously? Gobots? Come on now. That was a justified tantrum :lol:

Timeline
I remember this memory vividly. For my birthday, I had asked for a Starscream and an Optimus Prime. My grandmother got me Starscream, and my parents tried to cop out by getting me Gobots. Seriously? Gobots? Come on now. That was a justified tantrum :lol:

Even dinobots would have been a little cooler than gobots. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

I have to admit...I wonder what happened to all the old toys I used to have while growing up. I really can't remember. I used to have a ton of G.I. Joes, Transformers, Construx etc.

I DO remember coming home from elementary school early one day and seeing my mother in my room, tidying up. There was a black garbage back outside the door, looking rather ominous. I recall creeping up to it and peering within...and seeing some of my stuff animals, including my Pooh bear! I was mortified! My mother figured I never played with them anymore, so off to the dump they were going! I retrieved them, of course...but to this day, I have this feeling of dread whenever I come across a child with a teddy bear. I can't help but think that all of the unrequited love that imbues the stuffed animal will one day be gone and forgotten... Sort of a Velveteen Rabbit thing I guess...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Even dinobots would have been a little cooler than gobots. :lol:

Ohhhh where is the cringe emoticon? Dinobots were so bad. Me grimlock fail!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.