July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

I'm not to sure if I would trust the vaccination either Poprocks. Its a little too new and hasn't really been thoroughly tested on individuals, since they basically rushed it out into the market. My sister is pretty sick, sure, but from what my mom has told me it isn't anything much worse than a regular flu. So far the worst part has been high fevers breaking out every few hours, but with proper medication she has been able to get through them alright. She's always been pretty healthy, so there isn't really any reason to believe she won't make it through alright. If your son is healthy and has a strong immune system I don't think there is a reason to worry too much!

I agree. I find it harder and harder to find sympathy. With that particular one they did try to do their homework but got told the wrong thing apparently...though why the wedding is ruined when its being held in Canada I have no idea. It screws their plans up a bit but its not the end of the world.

For the vaccine, for myself I'm getting it because I have chronic Pneumonia. I get it every year, and with moving to Socal as well...I'd rather not risk it. I'm also debating getting the pneumonia vaccine once I move if the dry air down there doesn't help me decrease the frequency that I end up with it.

Thanks for the insight ladies....my son is relatively healthy...but he is 6...and at that age, he comes home with a cold 2x a month! it's from school as always....he was home all week...I guess this means healthy...but he catches colds easily....maybe i'll start a thread and get a discussion going...maybe Flames can tell us what he's seeing at the hospital etc....

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

About 4 months ago, we adopted a puppy. It was a whole ordeal because the people at the adoption faire outright lied about the dog. They said she was 18 months old, healthy and housebroke. Well turns out she was about 5-6 months old, very sick, and only housebroken if your definition is "pees ONLY in the house regardless of how many times you take her out". Well, aside from that, she has become a lot more aggressive, both towards us and our other dog. She is very possesive and jealous as well. She simply will not let our other dog have any toy or attention without her. It has gotten to the point where she will bully our other dog. The bigger problem for us now is that when we've scolded her, she has gotten quite mean, and has begun to bite now. I had to spank her last night for her bullying of our other dog after several times having to pull her off. Usually, she will stop if I give her a swat on the bum, but this time, she snarled and bit me. Later in the evening there was a loud sound outside and she started barking. Mel told her to stop barking and put her hand on her to calm her. She snarled and bit her again. I just don't know what to do at this point. I don't see how we can keep her as she's clearly not keen on our other dog and seems to be getting more and more aggressive. I don't want to give her up, but I don't see how we can keep her. After she snarled and bit Mel, she wanted to get rid of her. The look in that dogs eye at that moment was telling. We thought about closing the bedroom door and putting her in the other room because that look she gave in that moment. I really don't want to give up on her, but I just don't think it was the right match. I think we'll give her a bit more time, but at the same time we're looking for someoen who would be better suited. I think she'd be much better off if she was an only dog. It still makes me really sad though. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
About 4 months ago, we adopted a puppy. It was a whole ordeal because the people at the adoption faire outright lied about the dog. They said she was 18 months old, healthy and housebroke. Well turns out she was about 5-6 months old, very sick, and only housebroken if your definition is "pees ONLY in the house regardless of how many times you take her out". Well, aside from that, she has become a lot more aggressive, both towards us and our other dog. She is very possesive and jealous as well. She simply will not let our other dog have any toy or attention without her. It has gotten to the point where she will bully our other dog. The bigger problem for us now is that when we've scolded her, she has gotten quite mean, and has begun to bite now. I had to spank her last night for her bullying of our other dog after several times having to pull her off. Usually, she will stop if I give her a swat on the bum, but this time, she snarled and bit me. Later in the evening there was a loud sound outside and she started barking. Mel told her to stop barking and put her hand on her to calm her. She snarled and bit her again. I just don't know what to do at this point. I don't see how we can keep her as she's clearly not keen on our other dog and seems to be getting more and more aggressive. I don't want to give her up, but I don't see how we can keep her. After she snarled and bit Mel, she wanted to get rid of her. The look in that dogs eye at that moment was telling. We thought about closing the bedroom door and putting her in the other room because that look she gave in that moment. I really don't want to give up on her, but I just don't think it was the right match. I think we'll give her a bit more time, but at the same time we're looking for someoen who would be better suited. I think she'd be much better off if she was an only dog. It still makes me really sad though. :(

I know this might sound silly, but you should consider watching a few episodes of the Dog Whisperer. Spanking a dog is actually useless. They don't understand what it means to be scolded like that. They don't understand the whole cause and effect thing. Also, agressive behavious is generally due to insecurity and not because they are actually really agressive dogs. You've brought a dog with insecurity issues into a home with another dog and so there is a power struggle happening. A good dog trainer could probably help you overcome your difficulties. It will take a lot of patience and time, but maybe it's possible that you are going about it the wrong way? Just a suggestion. I know it's just a tv show, but SO many of the dogs on that show are exactly how you describe and all need to be helped and Cesar Milan does a really good job of explaining how to become pack leader and take control of the situation. Also are you taking him/her on long walks? I find that whenever we take our dog on a really long walk (even 15 minutes instead of 5) he is completely tired and loses a lot of his pent up energy from being inside the house. Going out in the yard is not the same thing either, it needs to be an actual walk.

We actually tried a few of Cesar Milan's techniques with our dog and they have worked and a lot of it stems from the fact that he sees us as his leaders and we are calm and in control no matter where he is.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I know this might sound silly, but you should consider watching a few episodes of the Dog Whisperer. Spanking a dog is actually useless. They don't understand what it means to be scolded like that. They don't understand the whole cause and effect thing. Also, agressive behavious is generally due to insecurity and not because they are actually really agressive dogs. You've brought a dog with insecurity issues into a home with another dog and so there is a power struggle happening. A good dog trainer could probably help you overcome your difficulties. It will take a lot of patience and time, but maybe it's possible that you are going about it the wrong way? Just a suggestion. I know it's just a tv show, but SO many of the dogs on that show are exactly how you describe and all need to be helped and Cesar Milan does a really good job of explaining how to become pack leader and take control of the situation. Also are you taking him/her on long walks? I find that whenever we take our dog on a really long walk (even 15 minutes instead of 5) he is completely tired and loses a lot of his pent up energy from being inside the house. Going out in the yard is not the same thing either, it needs to be an actual walk.

We actually tried a few of Cesar Milan's techniques with our dog and they have worked and a lot of it stems from the fact that he sees us as his leaders and we are calm and in control no matter where he is.

We've watched Cesar's show. I don't particularly like it or his methods, but we've tried.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was at the dog park last month and found this interesting--1 lady was saayng she dropped her dog off at the trainers for a month---they were going on holidays, so it worked well! The month cost like $1500, BUT it included the training, which was guaranteed for LIFE of the dog! and anytime that dog requires overnight kenneling in the futre, the cost was only $25 per night (which is low in the DC area) And she said the dog is a completely different dog, night and day!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
That's amazing! Do they make those places for kids?? :lol:

JK

It's called boarding school. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We've watched Cesar's show. I don't particularly like it or his methods, but we've tried.

That's too bad. I actually find his methods really valuable. Agression = insecurity and taking control of the situation means showing the dog who is in charge. He talks a lot about how dogs think in the moment. They don't equate bad behaviour to getting spanked like children do. When our dog does something bad, getting his attention by loudly saying NO and putting him back in his bed is much more productive than spanking him or showing agression back to him.

Good luck to you.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
Just got back from the DMV on my lunchbreak. I'd rather get a colonoscopy than have to do that again...... Until next year when I forget to renew my car registration. :blush:

Is it because the water in the DMV tastes worse than peglyte? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Just got back from the DMV on my lunchbreak. I'd rather get a colonoscopy than have to do that again...... Until next year when I forget to renew my car registration. :blush:

In the words of Primus...

"I've been to hell. I spell it...I spell it DMV

Anyone that's been there knows precisely what I mean

Stood there and I've waited and choked back the urge to scream

And if I had my druthers I'd screw a chimpanzee"

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

If she's making your current dog miserable and has already bitten you and Mel, then the only option is to get rid of her. I know that'll be difficult (I once had to give up a dog), but if as a puppy she's already biting, imagine how she'll be as a full-grown dog. Even if you can get her under control, you'll never know what might "set her off" so she'll bite.

Timeline

If she's making your current dog miserable and has already bitten you and Mel, then the only option is to get rid of her. I know that'll be difficult (I once had to give up a dog), but if as a puppy she's already biting, imagine how she'll be as a full-grown dog. Even if you can get her under control, you'll never know what might "set her off" so she'll bite.

Well, we've decided to give her another shot afterall. We're going to try a different approach to it. She is a very loving dog, I want to give her a good home. But if she bites like she did this weekend ever again, we'll have to find her another home.

Timeline

I'm angry at myself.

My wife was flying to Edmonton on a work-related trip this morning and I had previously told her I'd drive her to the airport. Well, I woke up with an absolutely killer migraine. I took medication, but nothing helped.

She took a cab and told me that "she wasn't annoyed and didn't blame me." I'm glad about that, but I'm still pissed off at myself. I said I would drive her and in the end, I couldn't do it.

And yeah, I mean I really couldn't do it. The pain was murdering me, I couldn't think straight and my vision was temporarily messed up. I knew she was right, but still...

The migraine is gone now. But that's after taking the following: two Relpax, two Aleve, two Ultracet and one Reglan. Yeah, it was bad. I also ended up sleeping from 7AM to 3:30PM. So I not only wasted the ENTIRE day, but I also screwed up my sleep pattern!

Edited by DeadPoolX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.