July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I know someone like that too. I honestly don't know what you can do about it.... other than wait for them to hit rock bottom and hopefully pull themselves out of it. Or maybe an intervention. But that would only work if they wanted it to. I'm interested to see if anyone responds with something that has worked for them.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
OK you know what really annoys me.... all the erectile dysfunction ads on TV. They are on at all hours of the day, every day. They are SO annoying! I think any man with ED knows what drugs you can get if you have that problem. Enough of the damn ads! Then I get them in my e-mail box too, I am soooo tired of hearing about "if you have an erection lasting 4 hours or longer contact your doctor" NO REALLY!???!

i would think the guy's wife would be calling 911 after 4 hours :whistle:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea I just get tired of being blamed.

The truth is he's suffering from depression, he self medicates with alcohol and pot, but is also on pills - you know how alcohol and anti-depressants mix right? They don't.

Every time I see him he's further and further in the hole and everyone turns a blind eye to it. I'll ask my husband if he worries about him and he says: "Yea but you just can't say anything, you don't know how things work"

Like I said the dynamics confuse me.

Chris has a brother exactly like that. Unfortunately this brother just got his 3rd DUI in Seattle a few months ago. None of use knew that. So he finally told his mom the reason he hasn't called Chris is because at night and on weekends he's locked up in jail. He's allowed out during the day to go to work and that's it.

Perhaps he's in the same boat? :lol::blink:

:lol: Probably true.

I know someone like that too. I honestly don't know what you can do about it.... other than wait for them to hit rock bottom and hopefully pull themselves out of it. Or maybe an intervention. But that would only work if they wanted it to. I'm interested to see if anyone responds with something that has worked for them.

I have stepped in for friends in the past, but I am told to stay out of this. So I don't want to do anything... but at the same time I do. His brother and I have had conversations and he's talked to me about some serious stuff. I feel bad for him but mostly because I feel like he's doing everything to cry for help and no one is listening. I guess that's what I am seeing, but again I am told not to worry about it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OK you know what really annoys me.... all the erectile dysfunction ads on TV. They are on at all hours of the day, every day. They are SO annoying! I think any man with ED knows what drugs you can get if you have that problem. Enough of the damn ads! Then I get them in my e-mail box too, I am soooo tired of hearing about "if you have an erection lasting 4 hours or longer contact your doctor" NO REALLY!???!

i would think the guy's wife would be calling 911 after 4 hours :whistle:

If you have an erection lasting 4 or more hours, enjoy it because the lack of blood flow in the erectile tissue means that the male pudenda will be a dead enda. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
We're always being told by my husbands family to reach out to his brother. About a month ago we invited him out for wings, he never showed up. Two weeks ago we invited him to the movies, he never showed up. Last night we invited him over for dinner, he never showed up.

I don't know what else we can do. I am kind of sick of being told to reach out though when we do. The dynamics of this family confuse the hell out of me. Even if we say we reached out, we'd somehow get blamed for not reaching out hard enough or not being persistent enough, it would still be in our court. Ugh.

Offer to take him out to dinner. Tell him you'll pick him up at his place... and never show up. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Deadpool....jeeze. haha

Although this wasn't drugs, when my brother in law was going through that crazy time with the bridezilla I tried to really not say anything to him. I told him a number of times I was aslways here to help, but I never tried to talk to him about it. Men are different about their problems and tend to internalize them so I figured he'd come to me to talk if he needed me.

Different with drugs, obviously, but it's not really your job to help your BIL to get out of his depression. It's not his parents or your hubby's job either...your BIL is a big boy and he needs to get himself out.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Timeline

Correct. Interventions do not work unless the person in question in ready and willing. Sprailenes, he will NOT stop until his own version of the ####### hitting the proverbial fan arrives - and when that happens, an intervention won't even be necessary.

Timeline

My stupid as$ landlord. Last sunday, the gas went out when the gas company had to make some emergency repairs. We ate out sunday night, and fortunately, there was enough hot water in the tank left over for me to have a hot shower on monday morning. Mel actually figured out that the gas was off. First, they couldn't turn the gas back on until there was someone home in each apartment. Makes sense, otherwise you'd essentially have gas seeping into the apartment. Well, we arrange for someone to be home in each one and the gas guy comes and turns it on and lights the pilots on everyones heater and stoves. But then he goes to find the water heater to light the pilot and can't. He does some investigation and thinks he knows where it is, but isn't sure. The next day, a gas company guy comes out again, and comes to the same conclussion. It is in a rented garage space that the landlord has rented as storage to someone else. For 2 days straight, we call the landlord to come out and unlock the garage so we can get hot water back. On Thursday, he finally picks his phone up and says that he will come down to try to find it. I get a call later saying that he looked, but that it wasn't where I said it was. He says that he will send out their repairman to search the other buildings that is on the lot to try to find it. I dont' hear anything back, so I call and leave messages all day friday and all day saturday. Finally, he calls me back saturday night to tell me that they found it in one of the front buildings and some BS excuse. Bottom line, he says he's coming monday to unlock it to let the gas company guy come in and turn it on. The gas company doesn't do repairs like that on the weekends except for emergencies and previously scheduled.

Well, sunday afternoon at around lunchtime, I get a knock on the door. It's the landlord. He says "oh, I was looking downstairs and found the water heater, do you know how to light it?" Seriously? I seriously wanted to just slam the door and say no and make him pay for a gas company guy to come out on monday, but I wanted a hot shower so bad. Cold showers are so awful, i couldn't bear another one. 7 Days is a looooooooong time to go with no hot water. So I go down and look at it and realize I cant do it without one of those long lighter things. I told him I needed one of those. His response was priceless "Oh do you have one? Can you go to the store down the street to go get one?". No, but YOU can go to the market to get it. I know i'm going to end up in court fighting this guy for my security deposit in a few months. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
+1vent

#$%^ :ranting: I just had my income cut by 11% with 1 week notice. #######

it's contract, but still. grrrrr. I still have to work for these people, too.

oh, that svcks :(

Seriously :( although I'll survive, I'm pissed about the way it was done -- by email, with a week notice. She didn't even try to call me before sending the email. It was tacked onto another email about some other issue/question she had about some totally different aspect of my work there. Blindsided.

It's a business decision, and presumably not personal. The employer doesn't know about my visa etc, but some of my colleagues know and I wonder whether it was leaked to them even though I told said colleagues that I hadn't told the employer yet. But I actually don't think that's the reason my class was cancelled (I teach yoga). Sooooo, it's just sh#tty that it was done so last minute and over email. sigh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.