July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I completely agree Amanda about the male vs. female boss. The 2 females bosses I had were such beeotches, rude, awful, strict. The men were awesome, I don't know what it is with women bosses. Perhaps they go on a power trip or something. I always prefer a male boss and co-workers sometimes too, as there is much less drama to deal with.

Hey Nev does Silk City Diner have a patio!? We should all meet there this spring and enjoy some bevvies :D

LOL! Im the same way too with female's. I dont know, most seem to just have a lovely b!tchy ego. Hence why I also like to go through a male POE officer lol - they are a lot nicer

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah I think the male VS female boss thing is a phenomenon. It must be that they run on emotions instead of logic. For example, The other day I walk in the door and she has a grin on her face. (The grin is because finally someone else had made a mistake instead of her) She says to me very seriously, "I need to talk to you." I think it is something REALLY serious. I made TWO mistakes last week that I , in turn, fixed this week. I made sure she knew about them and knew how I was taking care of them. I explained this to her in detail in which she obviously didn't fully believe that I had fixed them. Any ways, at the end of it all, what does she say to me?

"Well, now that you are going on vacation in May, maybe you will be more relaxed and make less mistakes..."

Honestly? Was that REALLY appropriate? I work my #### off for her and am now known as the saving grace of the department (it's a small one) and you are going to make a silly comment like that? Those were the first two mistakes I have made in our financial accounting system since I took it completely over from her because she couldn't keep up with it.

It just completely amazes me that people are out to get you at your place of work. Working hard means nothing. If someone higher then you is threatened by you or doesn't like you, you are toast. Either they will make your life hell and you will quit, or they will eventually get you fired.

I Thought to myself...are you really that unhappy? Do you really get a sense of happiness from saying something like that to a good employee? I wonder if she is aware that every one wants her gone? I also don't think she's oblivious to it and I think she knows EXACTLY what she says and her intentions.

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Everything feels like an extension of highschool.

Good. Effin. Point.

I have felt like this so much lately.

It gets OLD and TIRESOME. Why can't people just grow up and get over stuff? Why must people go out of their way to play mind games with you and put you down? I wonder is this sometimes cultural, societal or maybe just up to the individual? My boss is one of the most rude, inconsiderate people I've ever met in my life. Does it have anything to do with her being Jewish? Now don't take this at all the wrong way because New Jersey has a huge Jewish population and there are a lot of "stereotypes" that most believe to be a reality. Or, is it because she is just unfulfilled and lashing out at the youth in her office?

Any ways, I'm sick of this highschool stuff. Aren't we all tired enough doing our jobs? Why do I want to put up with this mama-drama at my work place.

Stiggy-Sorry to hear about your long divorce. I hope everything goes more smoothly for you soon.

OMG AMANDA!!!!!!

THE OLD MEAN LADY AT MY WORK IS JEWISH!!! :rofl:

And when I told my husband about all the drama he said: "Is she Jewish?"

:lol:

I hear ya sister, we seriously need to do drinks sometime in the spring when the weather is nice. Find a good place with a patio and just let it all out! Lucky for me the old mean lady is gone on vacation for a week so we all have some time to cool down, but yea it just feels like I am in highschool. We'll never escape it.

What is THAT supposed to mean?? :angry: That is totally uncalled for!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I just found it funny in response to what Amanda said. There is a lot of stereotypes in NJ about Jewish people. There's a large Jewish population. I didn't really know about the stereotypes until moving down here but when I told my husband how mean she was being and the way she was acting he asked me if she was Jewish. I said yea.

I don't associate her being mean with her being Jewish but the connection was funny. I found it funny anyways... but again my humour is a little warped.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I completely agree Amanda about the male vs. female boss. The 2 females bosses I had were such beeotches, rude, awful, strict. The men were awesome, I don't know what it is with women bosses. Perhaps they go on a power trip or something. I always prefer a male boss and co-workers sometimes too, as there is much less drama to deal with.

Hey Nev does Silk City Diner have a patio!? We should all meet there this spring and enjoy some bevvies :D

No but here's a plan... Silk City Diner is connected to a night club, like its a diner/club so we should start somewhere that has a nice patio and move over there and get our dance on! :D

Ohhh eeeee me loves dancing :energy:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Amanda I swear she sounds like my old boss. She would confront you in front of the whole dept, loudly too with a smirk on her face. Like I'd walk in, not even take off my coat yet and she'd say "Jill, did you do so and so like I asked YESTERDAY?!" It was so awful, so many staff members spoke to HER superiour about it he made her take a class with a management company.

I also always wish for a male officer at the POE, they always seem nicer to me!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
Amanda I swear she sounds like my old boss. She would confront you in front of the whole dept, loudly too with a smirk on her face. Like I'd walk in, not even take off my coat yet and she'd say "Jill, did you do so and so like I asked YESTERDAY?!" It was so awful, so many staff members spoke to HER superiour about it he made her take a class with a management company.

I find male officers are nicer to girls and the females are nicer to guys. Its really strange.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Seriously! I have yet to encounter a female officer that isnt snarky, or rude.

I find male officers are nicer to girls and the females are nicer to guys. Its really strange.

LOL! Yep, Whenever I cross and Im in line waiting for the next agent to go to, Im always eager and hoping its one of the male's.

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Timeline

Seriously! I have yet to encounter a female officer that isnt snarky, or rude.

Yesterday the Canadian CO asked me what a K1 was when she had my passport, but not in a rude way. I guess she was just curious? Anyway she was the first nice female CO I encountered.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

We had a female POE officer for my Husband's visa, she couldn't have been nicer. The Supervisor guy she had to hand it over too was quite rude at one point.

This whole conversation just makes me shake my head, I don't know whether it's the Jewish stereotypes or the female bosses and co-workers or the older women - not sure which part is more offensive.

Timeline
This whole conversation just makes me shake my head, I don't know whether it's the Jewish stereotypes or the female bosses and co-workers or the older women - not sure which part is more offensive.

Every female boss I have had has been rude to me. My dad, who is 58 years old has a female boss and she has him working 14 hour days and telling him he can't take vacation. He's 58 and been a government worker for 35 years!! He has 2 years worth of vacation time saved up. So, I guess I'm just drawing from my personal experiences and other people I have had this discussion with.

As for the Jewish stereotypes, again, come live where we live. You can be offended all you want as that is none of my concern. I have a right to an opinion.

I'm sure there are many good, Jewish people out there. Unfortunately, most of what I have encountered has been holier than thou.

As for my female COWORKERS, I LOVE THEM TO BITS!

This is just about my boss. Regardless of her ethnicity or gender, she's an ####-hole.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

Many say the same thing about people from Toronto!!,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Many say the same thing about people from Toronto!!,lol

Exactly. And you know, some of it is true. Many of my friends that were from a smaller town or city and now live in Toronto have turned into fashionistas and snobs. They aren't bad people, but it is what it is.

Stereotypes come from somewhere. Most of them aren't true at all, but there is some truth to some of them or they wouldn't have begun in the first place.

Again, I believe it all depends on where you live. I've seen plenty of stuff here that I had never seen in my life before I moved out of Canada. It's a matter of opinion and experience.

Does it mean it's t rue? Maybe not. It's just my perception. If you think it makes me a bad person, well, we are all pretty much guilty of these thoughts in some fashion and some point in our lives. I'm sure people have perceptions of me that I don't think are true but maybe they are! :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

About the female boss thing, we are just stating facts from our own perspective. Obviously there are nice female bosses out there, but personally the ones I have had have been horrible and the men good. That is just a personal opinion that others seem to share based on their experiences. But there's nothing wrong I don't think with stating our personal experiences with female bosses. It's not stereotyping it's fact that the two I had were terrible.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

I'm never ever going to be a bridesmaid.. ever.. sucky.. :crying:

wow.. that must mean I suck at being a friend right? Another friend announced her engagement a few weeks ago and she asked me to SING at her wedding.. not stand.. (If I had a dime for everytime THAT happened).. The only wedding I was asked to be a MOH got canceled.. well it got bumped up and no one stood at the wedding.

I never even stood at my BFF's wedding :( bah.. that's frustrating.. I guess i was there when the eloped.. but that doesn't count.. I have no sisters, and my bros are all married (again.. I SANG.. but didn't stand)... blech.. I HATE singing at weddings have I mentioned that?

I was a bride 2x's though.... maybe that is part of the issue.. none of the girls that stood with me the 1st time ever asked me to be in their wedding parties.. bummer..

I suck.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.