July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I need today to be over.

Seriously.

This week has just been wretched.

No progress on immigraiton, nasty letter from the government saying I messed up my taxes and if I don't fix it by the 15th they'll prosecute me (holy #######!), friend's dad is going for surgery, Peachey's boss denied our request for extra time together, I slept walked Wednesday night and cut my arm pretty good, the guy who sits right behind me keeps eating 4 or more apples a day (sounds weird, but the crunching is sooo loud), found out I'm going to be working for a super high-stress client again in the near future, looking forward to a multiple hundred dollar car repair bill next week....

Not much good in this week... Guess I still have a job... so that's something...

But I just need this week to end.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well she didn't deny it, she just said I can have 1 week instead of 2.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

I need today to be over.

Seriously.

This week has just been wretched.

No progress on immigraiton, nasty letter from the government saying I messed up my taxes and if I don't fix it by the 15th they'll prosecute me (holy #######!), friend's dad is going for surgery, Peachey's boss denied our request for extra time together, I slept walked Wednesday night and cut my arm pretty good, the guy who sits right behind me keeps eating 4 or more apples a day (sounds weird, but the crunching is sooo loud), found out I'm going to be working for a super high-stress client again in the near future, looking forward to a multiple hundred dollar car repair bill next week....

Not much good in this week... Guess I still have a job... so that's something...

But I just need this week to end.

Well she didn't deny it, she just said I can have 1 week instead of 2.

Awwww, Sorry you're having such a ####### week Varba! Hugs. But you and Peachey will be together soon! That's a good thought to brighten up your Friday! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Awwww, Sorry you're having such a ####### week Varba! Hugs. But you and Peachey will be together soon! That's a good thought to brighten up your Friday! (F)

Hehe, yeah.

And at least noone lost a weiner, so it's all good right? ;)

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hehe, yeah.

And at least noone lost a weiner, so it's all good right? ;)

:lol:

Timeline

I got my a$$ handed to me at work today twice.

Once by a pissed employer who got her account charges. Then this tough-guy biker fed me one serious ####### sandwich at noon. And I was already full from the one I had just eaten 15 minutes earlier.

So just as biker Joe is leaving he says 'you have an accent, where are you from'. I said Edmonton. He spun on his heels and said he was born there and raised in Calgary. I got ####### sandwiched from a fellow Canuck. There has to be a law against that.

Timeline

One last vent before bed. The IronMan needs to go home. I am sick of having to avoid cyclists on the highway, in sharp curves with no shoulders, runners who are wearing their ipods and have no clue that I am barreling around the corner in a 3000lb death wagon. They need to finish that race tomorrow and fly straight home. If I'd been swimming in the last week, I'm sure I'd be swearing about the swimmers too.

Timeline
I got my a$$ handed to me at work today twice.

Once by a pissed employer who got her account charges. Then this tough-guy biker fed me one serious ####### sandwich at noon. And I was already full from the one I had just eaten 15 minutes earlier.

So just as biker Joe is leaving he says 'you have an accent, where are you from'. I said Edmonton. He spun on his heels and said he was born there and raised in Calgary. I got ####### sandwiched from a fellow Canuck. There has to be a law against that.

Did he at least apologize!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Nope. He just told me where he was born and headed out the door. :lol:

you need to take him "seal hunting" :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope. He just told me where he was born and headed out the door. :lol:

You should have told him where he was going to die. :angry::devil: On second thought, invite him to go hunting with Charles but I get to keep the pelt. I could use a pair of biker skin boots. :devil::devil::devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I went out to dinner with a few customers in town visiting on business from Jacksonville. They were the most trashy people I've ever met. The racist, ignorant and rude things they were saying disguted me, things I won't repeat here. I actually told them to please stop, as they were offending me. The one girl apologized for offending me and I told my husband promptly I was leaving :angry: I won't be around ignorant fools, business associates or not

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
My husband and I went out to dinner with a few customers in town visiting on business from Jacksonville. They were the most trashy people I've ever met. The racist, ignorant and rude things they were saying disguted me, things I won't repeat here. I actually told them to please stop, as they were offending me. The one girl apologized for offending me and I told my husband promptly I was leaving :angry: I won't be around ignorant fools, business associates or not

whoa! Good for you for saying something. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband and I went out to dinner with a few customers in town visiting on business from Jacksonville. They were the most trashy people I've ever met. The racist, ignorant and rude things they were saying disguted me, things I won't repeat here. I actually told them to please stop, as they were offending me. The one girl apologized for offending me and I told my husband promptly I was leaving :angry:I won't be around ignorant fools, business associates or not

No need to explain a thing, you stood up for what you believe in. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.