July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
so this morning we were still in bed when we heard a knock at the door... I didn't want to rush downstairs and answer the door so I just peaked out our window and I am almost sure it was one of our neighbors..

anyways, he went away but it left me thinking what he wanted.. then I thought maybe it was because we parked in the extra spot in the car port... no new neighbors have moved in next door yet, and that is the spot for that apartment.. and if it is the neighbor, he has parked in that spot since the other neighbors moved out but lately they haven't parked there so I have been parking there...

so I kind of pushed it aside until about 20 minutes ago I heard the knock again.. I knew it was the same person... so I am almost positive it is the neighbor... and I am pretty sure now it is about the spot but it isn't their spot to claim.. :wacko:

I didn't answer the door again because there is no way in heck I am answering the door at 10:30 in the evening...

so there was a knock at the door again and I figured I would answer it just to get it over with :P.. it was the neighbor and he asks if I know who owns the 4 door honda (like he didn't know :P) and I said I do and then he said he had a favour to ask.. he said he had something he needed to take care of and he needed that spot from Monday to Friday :blink: and he also said that he knew he didn't own that spot but he just needed it for the week so I said that I would move it :P

sounds fishy to me.. I think he just wants the spot :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh, why do I even look at topics in other country sections.

I saw a topic about this user who could have booked an interview for October 7th but took the 19th instead!

Why cant Montreal have that >_>

And something triggered my hives again. It's either the mashed potatoes or the gravy from Swiss chalet.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

The gravy from Swiss Chalet has MSG I think...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The gravy from Swiss Chalet has MSG I think...

Gravies are a very big culprit for MSG and preservatives.

As my cutie already said. =)

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

The other thing that caused swelling like this has no MSGs or preservatives in it though.

Stupid body.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I AM BORED ALL THE TIME...ALL I DO IT SEEMS IS DISHES AND WATCH TELEVISION AND THE WEATHER BLOWS

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

I AM BORED ALL THE TIME...ALL I DO IT SEEMS IS DISHES AND WATCH TELEVISION AND THE WEATHER BLOWS

Sounds like you need to go visit a library or get a dog to walk :lol:

Timeline

Sounds like you need to go visit a library or get a dog to walk :lol:

That's the problem with this place...the only library is in downtown..the transit system makes no sense and I'm afraid to drive the Jeep (it's a bit of a beast)

In Winnipeg there were like 20 libraries and the buses made sense! lol I'm just suffering from massive boredom..I look forward to the days I clean the washrooms and such :|

If you have a bit of extra cash you could join a hobby class or something...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw a topic about this user who could have booked an interview for October 7th but took the 19th instead!

And something triggered my hives again. It's either the mashed potatoes or the gravy from Swiss chalet.

Commercially processed foods often have artificial food colours added to them to make them more attractive. I suspect you may have an allergy to a food dye - yellows and reds are big ones for causing allergies. I used to get an allergic reaction to the red food dye in Campbells tomato based soups until they changed the dye - we never did figure out which one of the dyes it was as they used several. You might want to ask Swiss Chalet which food dyes they use in their gravy in order to nail the culprit. Of course, since so few products actually list the dyes they do use it almost becomes a moot point in trying to avoid it. . .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

If you have a bit of extra cash you could join a hobby class or something...

Yeah lol We're broke, I do the yoga on the on demand lol but that only kills an hour..USPS lost the books that were shipped to me from home lol so I have nothing to read. I'm just waiting for my EAD and stuff thats getting mailed out tomorrow praise baby Jesus

Commercially processed foods often have artificial food colours added to them to make them more attractive. I suspect you may have an allergy to a food dye - yellows and reds are big ones for causing allergies. I used to get an allergic reaction to the red food dye in Campbells tomato based soups until they changed the dye - we never did figure out which one of the dyes it was as they used several. You might want to ask Swiss Chalet which food dyes they use in their gravy in order to nail the culprit. Of course, since so few products actually list the dyes they do use it almost becomes a moot point in trying to avoid it. . .

The other food that I eat that causes hives on my face/swelling and throat swelling doesn't have dye in it though. That's what I'm confused about x_x

The only thing I can really think of is certain kinds of "Natural Flavour".

Beans, can you volunteer somewhere?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

I never have understood the attraction to swiss chalet. The food is just blah. Not bad, but not great. That gravy you guys are talking about is just a powdered gravy that they add water to. I know, I worked in a place that made it. Also, has anyone else noticed that the median age in swiss chalet is like, I dunno-80?

US born, Canadian raised, Irish Blood.

I never have understood the attraction to swiss chalet. The food is just blah. Not bad, but not great. That gravy you guys are talking about is just a powdered gravy that they add water to. I know, I worked in a place that made it. Also, has anyone else noticed that the median age in swiss chalet is like, I dunno-80?

The Swiss Chalet in my city is SO close to so many older people's apartments.

So most of the time it is the elderly.

I just like the sauce mostly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.