July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am super close to my parents - super close to my whole family really. After my brother and sister were born (I was 5, they were twins), my mom and I pretty much disliked each other until I turned 12.

When we moved to Miramichi, we became a lot closer and it's just gone up from there. I left to go to University when I was 18, and at first got home often, but then ti was less and less. But my final year I was in an abusive relationship and my parents were there to take me back and help me through it.

My parents were reaaaallly supportive of my whole visa journey. They trusted my intuition when i wanted to come visit Bo for the first time, and they took right to him when they all met. I couldn't have asked for more love or support from them through the whole thing. The day I left in Halifax, I actually rushed the goodbye because I didn't want to cry and I didn't want them to cry....

but they got me back :P At the wedding a couple weeks ago, my dad gave a toast at the reception and he started to cry, which made me cry, which made mom cry. I was so so happy that they were there for the wedding, but now I know I won't see them for at least another 5 months and it sucks :(

I miss them a lot.

I miss having coffee with my mom every morning, talking about random stuff...

I miss my Dad's bad 'dad' jokes and him poking fun at me.

I even miss my geeky brother...we have the same sense of odd humor and can make each other laugh to kill ourselves.

I miss my sister for her oddness, but she just got engaged too so she has her own exciting stuff going on.

I really miss my grandparents and I'm so scared I won't see them again :( My grandmother cried the day before I left..not too much, but she said goodbye like it was the last time. That really hurt me. They are so important to me, and I have so many amazing memories with them...Now I'm tearing up :S

We got unlimited North America long distance on the phone so I can call them whenever I want, as well as my best friends (I've been having a hard time with them not being around). I use facebook religiously, pictures and updates so I can let everyone know whats going on with me. I tried to start a blog, but I'm not a big typer :S I do as much as I can to keep in touch, and even though I'm not a big phone person, I'm going to turn into one soon I think.

It's odd sometimes though - Bo is not close to his parents at all...his family is the opposite of mine. It seems so out of place to me...but I will live with it I suppose...

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so used to being able to pick up my prescriptions 3 months at a time. It's such an inconvenience here how you have to go back every 30 days. I went to Rite Aid since I'm going to Canada tomorrow, and they said they wouldn't fill it as it's too early. I explained I'll be gone nearly 2 weeks and I need it. They said sorry, call your insurance. Which I did, and they let me fill it afterwards, but it's just a pain in the bum. I wonder why they don't let you do 3 months at a time here.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm so used to being able to pick up my prescriptions 3 months at a time. It's such an inconvenience here how you have to go back every 30 days. I went to Rite Aid since I'm going to Canada tomorrow, and they said they wouldn't fill it as it's too early. I explained I'll be gone nearly 2 weeks and I need it. They said sorry, call your insurance. Which I did, and they let me fill it afterwards, but it's just a pain in the bum. I wonder why they don't let you do 3 months at a time here.

depends on ur insurance! my wife picks up her prescripts for 3 months at a time.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

depends on ur insurance! my wife picks up her prescripts for 3 months at a time.

Really? Can I ask my insurance company to change it to 3 months?

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Really? Can I ask my insurance company to change it to 3 months?

One can always ask, and they can always say no!! Depends on the medication as well.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Ugh tried to have a meeting at work with this old lady who basically belittles me constantly and is just really mean. She is a little old lady, and I called her "mean" at one point and she picked up her chair and threw it across the room. A LITTLE OLD LADY!

I have officially... seen it all.

Anyways she walked out and apparently "quit" and everyone is saying I did the place a favor... but I don't think I did. That wasn't my intention, I just don't think you can go through life treating people the way she was treating people. She has worked there for 10 years as a receptionist and is always finding problems with everything I do as well as things that others do, and when I tried to talk to her she was just very condescending... so I called her mean... and she threw a chair. INSANE.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Ugh tried to have a meeting at work with this old lady who basically belittles me constantly and is just really mean. She is a little old lady, and I called her "mean" at one point and she picked up her chair and threw it across the room. A LITTLE OLD LADY!

Anyways she walked out and apparently "quit" and everyone is saying I did the place a favor... but I don't think I did. That wasn't my intention, I just don't think you can go through life treating people the way she was treating people. She has worked there for 10 years as a receptionist and is always finding problems with everything I do as well as things that others do, and when I tried to talk to her she was just very condescending... so I called her mean... and she threw a chair. INSANE.

OMG. She threw a chair!? Someone has anger management issues. She could get fired for that, even if she did quit.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent...

1) Americans asking to see my ID when I pay with my scotiabank debit card. The only place a name appears on the card is my signature and I dont think they can read it.

2) The Delta representative at the Charleston SC airport who asked for my ID, I gave him my Ontario Driver's license at which point he asked me if I lived in California...

Seriously? It says Canada on the bottom right corner.

Timeline
My vent...

1) Americans asking to see my ID when I pay with my scotiabank debit card. The only place a name appears on the card is my signature and I dont think they can read it.

2) The Delta representative at the Charleston SC airport who asked for my ID, I gave him my Ontario Driver's license at which point he asked me if I lived in California...

I often get asked for photo ID here when using credit or debit card, probably because of all the fraud.

There is an Ontario in California, but yeah that's pretty dumb.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My vent...

I often get asked for photo ID here when using credit or debit card, probably because of all the fraud.

Yea but there is no name on my debit card so what good is the ID?

Timeline
My vent...

Yea but there is no name on my debit card so what good is the ID?

:lol: I have no idea, maybe they're so used to asking for the ID they don't even check.

And the Ontario thing, Ontario is a city in California, and obviously cities don't issue DLs so that's funny that they asked you that.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

OMG. She threw a chair!? Someone has anger management issues. She could get fired for that, even if she did quit.

I don't know why, but no one has had the balls to fire her. She's just a really mean old lady, her husband walked out on her and her two kids walked out on her once they were grown.

I have always tried to be super nice to her and try really hard to keep her happy but she just continuously badgers me and the other people who work there. Everyone complains but no one does anything! I was just like: "Okay I am going to do something!" there is no way I am going to go to work every day and walk on egg shells because of some miserable person. I don't care how long you've worked there you have no right to treat people that way.

My vent...

I actually wrote "SEE ID" on the signature part of my credit card and debit card just in case anyone steals it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Well good for you for standing up to her, alot of people don't have guts to confront someone like that. She was probably shocked you said something, because no one has the balls to say anything.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

That see ID thing is a good idea.

I remember the first time I saw that working in retail , I was being trained.. and I turn to my trainer and go "what do i do? :blink: ) and he looked at me and goes "check ID dear" lol. :whistle:

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
That see ID thing is a good idea.

I remember the first time I saw that working in retail , I was being trained.. and I turn to my trainer and go "what do i do? :blink: ) and he looked at me and goes "check ID dear" lol. :whistle:

That's not a good idea in California. Most places won't accept it as a valid card....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.