The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

grrrrr i dont know much about insurance companys for cars but i feel they are legal thief's!!!!!!!!!

my moms van got taken with out permission from a guest my elder sisters husband brought with them for the fourth of july, not only did he take it with out permission but got drunk and wrecked it!!!!!!!!!!!

then my mom had to pay the impound fees, towing charges, now the insurance company wants to write it off because its a 2000 quest, they feel the repairs are gonna cost to much she didnt purchase what they call bumper insurance from the dealer what ever that is so she is gonna be left owing about 1,400 more than what the insurance is willing to pay to total it out to the bank.............

seems like the victim gets victimized by everyone active after the theft is this normal?

sara

Filed: Timeline
seems like the victim gets victimized by everyone active after the theft is this normal?

sara

I've noticed that the insurance here in the US is a lot different than the insurance in Canada. And not in a good way. I feel terrible for your Mom's situation, Estadia. But I've seen a lot of cases like this on Judge Judy! She should apply to one of those shows to try and get her money back.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I would like to say be careful what you say about anyone on these boards. Sorry to all my vj fb friends but I had to basically delete all because some a$$hole sent my mil links to threads where I complained about her. I mean really? Whoever it was must think they're really funny and we have all vented about people and things we don't like but to "attempt" to try to get someone in trouble... what are we? Five?? With that being said I am not sorry about the things I have said but I am sorry for the person who feels the need to get their kicks this way.

I don't know who did it, I deleted fb friends from vj in anger, not really thinking about the situation. I have a hard time believing it was someone here, but perhaps I am just naive.

I take responsibility for saying the things I have said and the fact that they were said on a public forum.

But sometimes I get fed up and I vent. I am human. Whoever did this is a fvcking a$$hat tho. :D

OK seriously.... that is f***king pathetic. I am sorry someone did that. How would such person find your MIL in the first place and go to the trouble of finding the links, etc? I want to clobber that person in the bloody head right now. What is wrong with people, we are all adults here

I would like to say be careful what you say about anyone on these boards. Sorry to all my vj fb friends but I had to basically delete all because some a$$hole sent my mil links to threads where I complained about her. I mean really? Whoever it was must think they're really funny and we have all vented about people and things we don't like but to "attempt" to try to get someone in trouble... what are we? Five?? With that being said I am not sorry about the things I have said but I am sorry for the person who feels the need to get their kicks this way.

I don't know who did it, I deleted fb friends from vj in anger, not really thinking about the situation. I have a hard time believing it was someone here, but perhaps I am just naive.

I take responsibility for saying the things I have said and the fact that they were said on a public forum.

But sometimes I get fed up and I vent. I am human. Whoever did this is a fvcking a$$hat tho. :D

#######?

who knows of vj and knows your mil and a way to contact her. that should be a very short list of suspects.

Yeah who knows her name... have you ever told anyone her name specifically? Because they'd have to be able to find her that way I guess.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

sara

I've noticed that the insurance here in the US is a lot different than the insurance in Canada. And not in a good way. I feel terrible for your Mom's situation, Estadia. But I've seen a lot of cases like this on Judge Judy! She should apply to one of those shows to try and get her money back.

the guy is in jail and will be ordered to pay but like mom says if he is such a low person like that he will never pay it and who the heck and afford to wait three to five years for him to get out of jail?

she was shocked she said in all of her years of having cars she has never heard of bumper insurance it was always u pay the insurance company and they take care of the problem thanks GOd i dont drive!!!!!!!!!!!

sara

Nev...how HORRIBLE!!! I'm kind of confused...you think it is someone from VJ that you have on facebook? And they copied and posted your comments here on FB for your MIL to see? Or did they send them to her? WOW...just WOW!!!

sara

the guy is in jail and will be ordered to pay but like mom says if he is such a low person like that he will never pay it and who the heck and afford to wait three to five years for him to get out of jail?

she was shocked she said in all of her years of having cars she has never heard of bumper insurance it was always u pay the insurance company and they take care of the problem thanks GOd i dont drive!!!!!!!!!!!

sara

That's horrible sara...I'm so sorry to hear about this. Hopefully this guy will pay up, immediately! I'm sure your sister's husband feels horrible too since he's the one that brought him to the party. Of course he's not responsible, but I'm sure he's feeling really badly. UGH!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Someone who hates me obviously. They had to have taken their time, found out who she is which really isn't hard when you think about it. She's on fb too but not on my list but she was on my husbands. I mean whoever did it has no life. The name they used was fake they made a fake profile etc.

All signs point to: GET A LIFE

Donne moi une poptart!

My understanding of those shows is that they pay the plaintiff and the defendant for being on the show, and the judgements are paid from that fund.... so you're guaranteed to get your money should you win your case. But if the guy's going to be in jail for a few years then that's definitely a problem.

I've never heard of bumper insurance, but I know there is replacement value insurance wherein you are given the amount of money it would cost to replace the vehicle as opposed to the actual value of the vehicle.

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow that is crazy!! I can't believe someone would do that. I totally agree with your facebook deletion, that is probably how they made the connection!

I was just thinking the other day about deleting my photo to my screen name since this board is public. I belong to another very private message board, but before it was private a few girls on there had some really messed up things happen to them as well.

I hope you find out who it is!!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Someone who hates me obviously. They had to have taken their time, found out who she is which really isn't hard when you think about it. She's on fb too but not on my list but she was on my husbands. I mean whoever did it has no life. The name they used was fake they made a fake profile etc.

Aye yai yai. There are some truly evil people in this world. It makes me sad. It also makes me frustrated for you, Nev. I'm so sorry. (F)

iagree.gif

Timeline

My understanding of those shows is that they pay the plaintiff and the defendant for being on the show, and the judgements are paid from that fund.... so you're guaranteed to get your money should you win your case. But if the guy's going to be in jail for a few years then that's definitely a problem.

I've never heard of bumper insurance, but I know there is replacement value insurance wherein you are given the amount of money it would cost to replace the vehicle as opposed to the actual value of the vehicle.

her van was in prime condition with low mileage she looked it up on the kelly blue book the value was more than she owed on it but seems the insurance companys use a different system all i can say is it seems like the state and government is backing legal thief's called insurance companys cuz for sure u cant drive with out if it u get caught there is a lot of legal and financial problems

Timeline

Aye yai yai. There are some truly evil people in this world. It makes me sad. It also makes me frustrated for you, Nev. I'm so sorry. (F)

Nev, what if it wasn't one of your "friends" but someone can just look up your name, and view your friends list.... anyone can do that, they don't have to be friends with you to see your friends list.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

her van was in prime condition with low mileage she looked it up on the kelly blue book the value was more than she owed on it but seems the insurance companys use a different system all i can say is it seems like the state and government is backing legal thief's called insurance companys cuz for sure u cant drive with out if it u get caught there is a lot of legal and financial problems

What insurance company was this? I like to be aware of which ones are ripping people off.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I don't know if it was someone from here, I assume it was because there were links to different threads I have posted in. Like I said, at this point I don't know and I don't know the details. But at least now I don't have to hide the way I feel right??? That was my I'll attempt to add humour to the matter.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Wow that is crazy!! I can't believe someone would do that. I totally agree with your facebook deletion, that is probably how they made the connection!

I was just thinking the other day about deleting my photo to my screen name since this board is public. I belong to another very private message board, but before it was private a few girls on there had some really messed up things happen to them as well.

I hope you find out who it is!!!

I removed my picture too.... I agree, since it's public and all, this is totally making me paranoid!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.