2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rough day . . . and a bit of a long story . . .

The outdoor mother cat has been looking for her baby for about 2 days now. She goes and meows for a bit, then stops, then goes somewhere else and meows and stops. When I look at her it is obvious she hasn't nursed for 2 days or so - so I think something has happened to her kitten and it has died. I was feeling really sad about that yesterday.

Today I go into the garage to put a ladder back and I see something moving in the corner. It is a kitten- her kitten! The garage has been closed for 2 days! I guess on Monday she must have brought the kitten inside when the garage was open and then we closed it on her. The kitten seems fine but I bring him into the house and give him some catfood mushed up with the liquid. He ravenously eats it. I then put him in a box to wait for mother cat to show up. That is where I made a mistake - I left the box inside.

One of my male cats came over to smell the box and started hissing. I shooed him away and he really started hissing. My other male cat then came in and started to attack the one that was hissing. I grabbed the one that was hissing and carried him shoulder height to the closet with the other cat making these gigantic leaps attacking the hissing cat. I get him into the closet and the door closed. My face is scratched, my arms are scratched and I am bleeding all over the place.

I get the other cat calmed down, clean myself up and get bandaids on, then go to the closet to see how the hissy one is doing. He is still hissing at me so I leave him for a bit. (Oh, I did put the kitten outside in the box to wait for momma). So, I get the spare room ready with catfood and a litter box expecting I am going to have to separate them for a while. The one in the closet finally stops hissing at me so I pick him up to carry him to the spare room. He starts hissing half way there and then the other one starts hissing again. I get the cat into the spare room and calm down the other cat again. After a while I go into the spare room with the other cat and lie down on the bed. He jumps up beside me and lets me pet him and starts to purr. So, I go and change around who is in the spare room and let the hissy one out. He hisses as he comes out of the room and then explores the house. He finally calms down and I let the other one back out. So far, so good. They have smelled each other, eaten and seem to be friendly again. But they are both on edge and so am I. We had a bout of redirected aggression 4 years ago and it took 2 years to get over. I was so worried we had to go back to stage one. Anyway, I am on guard to make sure nothing happens again. Hopefully in a few days they will forget that they had angry words.

Mother cat was very happy to see baby again - immediately grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and ran off with him. I'll bet it was a happy reunion although baby probably wasn't very hungry.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

wow, hope ur ok and up to date with ur tetanus shot! yes, i bet the mother cat was very happy, you can take great satisfaction in that, nice job!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Yeah, I'm up to date on my tetanus shot - redid it last year. Put antibiotic salve on all the scratches - three of them are starting to look bruised as well but all in all I think I am ok. No deep puncture wounds - those are the ones to watch out for. I just have one scratch across my cheek and one across my lip to my chin that look worse than they are. Momma cat was indeed very happy - 2 days without her baby - and my two troublemakers are both 'taking baths' right now about 12 feet apart. I will probably have a restless night, though, listening for any redevelopments. More than anything I am annoyed at myself because it was leaving the kitten inside longer than was necessary that really started all this.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I have the classic Bullseye Rash. In fact, I've got 4 of them! So I went to the doctor and she's sure that it's Lyme Disease. My blood work has been sent off and I'm now on antibiotics. I'm so silly because I remember reading about Lyme Disease when I was in Canada, thinking "oh I'll never get that, I live in Canada!" How silly was I? I know my mom thinks the same way and as soon as I tell her she's going to be like "come back to Canada!"

Oh well, hopefully it will be alright in the end. I'm a little frustrated though. It seems to be one thing after another medically since I got here! I hate the fact that I really struggle with whether or not to go to the doctor just because I've got to pay every time I go! It's a frustrating feeling that's for sure, and not one that I'm used to!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

Ah, good luck with getting on top of the Lyme disease - yeah, it is a real problem with tick bourne illnesses here, although Lyme disease was also present in southern Ontario. I guess it will be a long term course of antibiotics? And, yeah, I hear you about the doctor. I need to have physiotherapy for a frozen shoulder and I am planning on going once or twice and trying to maximize the education with things I can do at home instead of having the physio mainly because our copay is $40 a visit. It sucks.

Timeline

Thanks Kathryn. The doctor says that because I caught the disease early, within 2 weeks of getting it we figure, that it will only be a short course of antibiotics, 2 weeks. All that I've read says that it needs to be about 6 weeks. The doctor disagreed but I think that's mostly because it hasn't been confirmed by blood tests yet.

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Timeline
Thanks Kathryn. The doctor says that because I caught the disease early, within 2 weeks of getting it we figure, that it will only be a short course of antibiotics, 2 weeks. All that I've read says that it needs to be about 6 weeks. The doctor disagreed but I think that's mostly because it hasn't been confirmed by blood tests yet.

Wow, that sucks! Where were you that you got lyme disease? Hiking in a forest? I honestly don't know how you get it!

I hope you feel better, and Kathryn too!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I actually believe that I got it in my husband's grandmother's backyard in Sacramento California. I don't think I was in contact with any ticks. I do think that I got it from mosquito bites. It's most commonly transmitted by ticks, but it seems that fleas and mosquitoes can pass it as well.

The reason I say that is because I had bites before we ventured out into the woods. We did stop on the side of the road in Lake Tahoe to explore and take the dog to the bathroom on the way back. So who knows?! All I know is that I feel yucky now and hope that I can just be done with this after I'm done the antibiotics and it won't come back!

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Rough day . . . and a bit of a long story . . .

The outdoor mother cat has been looking for her baby for about 2 days now. She goes and meows for a bit, then stops, then goes somewhere else and meows and stops. When I look at her it is obvious she hasn't nursed for 2 days or so - so I think something has happened to her kitten and it has died. I was feeling really sad about that yesterday.

Today I go into the garage to put a ladder back and I see something moving in the corner. It is a kitten- her kitten! The garage has been closed for 2 days! I guess on Monday she must have brought the kitten inside when the garage was open and then we closed it on her. The kitten seems fine but I bring him into the house and give him some catfood mushed up with the liquid. He ravenously eats it. I then put him in a box to wait for mother cat to show up. That is where I made a mistake - I left the box inside.

One of my male cats came over to smell the box and started hissing. I shooed him away and he really started hissing. My other male cat then came in and started to attack the one that was hissing. I grabbed the one that was hissing and carried him shoulder height to the closet with the other cat making these gigantic leaps attacking the hissing cat. I get him into the closet and the door closed. My face is scratched, my arms are scratched and I am bleeding all over the place.

I get the other cat calmed down, clean myself up and get bandaids on, then go to the closet to see how the hissy one is doing. He is still hissing at me so I leave him for a bit. (Oh, I did put the kitten outside in the box to wait for momma). So, I get the spare room ready with catfood and a litter box expecting I am going to have to separate them for a while. The one in the closet finally stops hissing at me so I pick him up to carry him to the spare room. He starts hissing half way there and then the other one starts hissing again. I get the cat into the spare room and calm down the other cat again. After a while I go into the spare room with the other cat and lie down on the bed. He jumps up beside me and lets me pet him and starts to purr. So, I go and change around who is in the spare room and let the hissy one out. He hisses as he comes out of the room and then explores the house. He finally calms down and I let the other one back out. So far, so good. They have smelled each other, eaten and seem to be friendly again. But they are both on edge and so am I. We had a bout of redirected aggression 4 years ago and it took 2 years to get over. I was so worried we had to go back to stage one. Anyway, I am on guard to make sure nothing happens again. Hopefully in a few days they will forget that they had angry words.

Mother cat was very happy to see baby again - immediately grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and ran off with him. I'll bet it was a happy reunion although baby probably wasn't very hungry.

Wow Kathryn! I'm so sorry you were scratched so badly. Please take care of yourself! You're such a lifesaver!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.