July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I hope its all okay Jill. I am sure it will be. :(

Thanks me too, if not you'll see me back in the vent thread tomorrow :lol: Thank god for EI! I love Canada :luv:

I'll be praying for you guys Jill!! I hope it all works out.

This economy seriously blows.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

But the good news it is it always shapes up and it won't be like this forever... and if does end up being forever we can still talk using a tin can and string and live in tree houses... YA!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
I'm very nervous, as the economy is affecting the company I used to work for and where my husband currently works, for the past 5 years.... they shut down the Miami office, today laid off 5 people in the NJ office and also 5 people in the Jacksonville office.... and tomorrow, the 2 owners of the company are going to the Philly office :crying: no word yet why, but common sense would indicate why they are going to Philly.... I have my fingers crossed, if Glen gets laid off now I'm still not working :(

:(

Hoping for the best, Jill. (F)

Ever really really want to say something to someone, and you know you shouldn't, but for some reason your busting at the seams wanting to just yell it in their face? I have that feeling right now. I shouldn't say it. Its insensitive and rude, but I'm blunt and believe in giving tough live. I won't say it! :no:

No. Never. <----------- big fat lie

Ouch. I think my nose just grew.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm very nervous, as the economy is affecting the company I used to work for and where my husband currently works, for the past 5 years.... they shut down the Miami office, today laid off 5 people in the NJ office and also 5 people in the Jacksonville office.... and tomorrow, the 2 owners of the company are going to the Philly office :crying: no word yet why, but common sense would indicate why they are going to Philly.... I have my fingers crossed, if Glen gets laid off now I'm still not working :(

Sorry Jill. Its such a tense time right now for so many families. Hope its all okay. (F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i want to work!!!! :cry::clock: or at least have my SSN. I dont care I will work for minimum wage.

I really dont think im going to get over having all this free time. I've been here for 3 weeks and im not home sick. im just really really bored. I've sent off so many requests to volunteer but i just want a consistency of waking up, going to work, and coming home. I am not fit to be a homemaker not that there's anything wrong with being a homemaker.

K-3:

Marriage : 2008-03-22

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-15

Appointment @ consulate: 2009-04-09 - Approved!

Picked up K3 visa & passport: 2009-04-14

POE @ Blaine, WA: 2009-04-24

EAD app sent to USCIS California: 2009-04-28

EAD app rec'd @ USCIC CA: 2009-04-30

EAD NOA: 2009-05-11

Biometrics Appt: 2009-07-27

EAD Approved/Card Production: 2009-7-31

EAD Received: 2009-09-06

AOS packet & change of address sent: 2009-12-23

Biometrics Interview: 2010-02-23

Interview Date: 2010-03-16 APPROVED

GC received March 29, 2010

Removal of Conditions

Application sent: January 04, 2012

Rec'd Notice of Bio appt: January 24, 2012

Biometrics appt: February 24, 2012

Rec'd approval notice: dated July 7, 2012

Rec'd 10yr green card: July 17, 2012 (dated july 10, 2012) - rec'd IR-6 status

Vancouver Consulate Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190588

POE Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193529

Timeline
i want to work!!!! :cry::clock: or at least have my SSN. I dont care I will work for minimum wage.

I really dont think im going to get over having all this free time. I've been here for 3 weeks and im not home sick. im just really really bored. I've sent off so many requests to volunteer but i just want a consistency of waking up, going to work, and coming home. I am not fit to be a homemaker not that there's anything wrong with being a homemaker.

Yes it can be a hard adjustment for your life to change so drastically.

Timeline

It's tough but...try not to get too upset about it. You have a long road ahead yet! :)

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Have you checked out this website http://www.volunteermatch.org/ maybe you'll find something soon!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

It's interesting, when people say something like 'I am not fit to be a homemaker' - they usually say something like 'not that there's anything wrong with that'.

However, if you wanted to stay at home, how often would you say - 'I can't stand the thought of sitting in a cubicle all day in an office' - 'not that there is anything wrong with that'.

It's like there is some implied criticism (of people who do choose to stay home) in saying you personally do not want to stay at home. In fact, in looking at it, using the disclaimer almost turns it in to a criticism. It's odd.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's interesting, when people say something like 'I am not fit to be a homemaker' - they usually say something like 'not that there's anything wrong with that'.

However, if you wanted to stay at home, how often would you say - 'I can't stand the thought of sitting in a cubicle all day in an office' - 'not that there is anything wrong with that'.

It's like there is some implied criticism (of people who do choose to stay home) in saying you personally do not want to stay at home. In fact, in looking at it, using the disclaimer almost turns it in to a criticism. It's odd.

I think it's a lot like when someone prefaces a comment with "no offense, but..."

Timeline

I think it's a lot like when someone prefaces a comment with "no offense, but..."

yeah :lol:

When I was younger I ALWAYS thought that I wouldn't be able to stand the thought of sitting in a cubicle all day... and yet, though I don't have a cubicle, I do sit at a computer all day now at work... and, as expected, I HATE IT. :lol: however, I love not dealing with customers :dance: We all have different interests I guess, which makes the transition harder for some than others I think.

border, have you looked at any hobbies you could pick up in the mean time? I'm also worried about the extra boredom I'll end up with when I'm not working for a while. But I'm hoping to fill my time with hobbies, learning, volunteering, that sort of thing. Things that I felt like I lost track of before. :) Keep yourself busy! Boredom can be depressing :(

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

sorry if i disturbed anyone with my homemaker comment.

i like any office setting - even cubicles. surroundings do not bug me. unpleasant people working w/ me does.

JillA - thanks for the info. there was only 1 that i was interested in. everything else was - host an exchange student or disaster relief and when i clicked on it, it said it was in florida. i live in a small town so there's not a lot going on here. they call it a drinking town with a fishing problem. lol.

As for hobbies, i watch tv. :lol: just kidding. i surf but the waves has been crappy or flat so havent been really out but i do check out the beach all the time or jog when its nice out. other than that, i clean the house all day, so no time for hobbies really. everyone goes to work and i start cleaning. we live w/ 2 other ppl and their schedules are late nights so they dont have time to clean or cook but have time to make a mess.lol. so i have been cleaning like crazy b/c i cant live in a messy house. maybe im ocd. :lol:

K-3:

Marriage : 2008-03-22

I-130 Sent : 2008-11-15

Appointment @ consulate: 2009-04-09 - Approved!

Picked up K3 visa & passport: 2009-04-14

POE @ Blaine, WA: 2009-04-24

EAD app sent to USCIS California: 2009-04-28

EAD app rec'd @ USCIC CA: 2009-04-30

EAD NOA: 2009-05-11

Biometrics Appt: 2009-07-27

EAD Approved/Card Production: 2009-7-31

EAD Received: 2009-09-06

AOS packet & change of address sent: 2009-12-23

Biometrics Interview: 2010-02-23

Interview Date: 2010-03-16 APPROVED

GC received March 29, 2010

Removal of Conditions

Application sent: January 04, 2012

Rec'd Notice of Bio appt: January 24, 2012

Biometrics appt: February 24, 2012

Rec'd approval notice: dated July 7, 2012

Rec'd 10yr green card: July 17, 2012 (dated july 10, 2012) - rec'd IR-6 status

Vancouver Consulate Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190588

POE Review: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193529

Timeline

See now, what everyone needs to do during the 'off period' is create a World of Warcraft account :) I'm actually not kidding....you need to have a look and see what would you do if you had unlimited time for a couple weeks - call it an extended vacation.

you aren't getting this opportunity again - if money is ok, take up something, anything .....passionately. In all my working years, I had never stayed home - I didn't enjoy it too much during my 4 months, but hot damn! For once I didn't have to get up at 5:45 am, I didn't have to shovel a kid out the door to a babysitter. I actually opened the recipe books I own and made stuff! I created my own routine (maximizing WoW time of course) so that I wasn't bored.

Now I know why my mum did Laundry on monday, Ironing on Tuesday, Weds was housecleaning, Thurs was shopping and Friday was church supper....she had a real job to stay home and manage things on the home front...my dad had it easy, he just went to work :) Even he would say that.

PS - I was still bored some days, cuz I enjoyed my job and it defined me...but I'm trying to be cheery today :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.