July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OK, I have been testing the waters regarding casual dress at work. I had worn a polo and khaki pants a couple of times, albeit on fridays and it was ok. Well, today, I wore that, and decided to wear casual shoes. They aren't sneakers, but kinda look like em. I don't know how to accurately describe them. Anyways, It appears that the shoes are the breaching point. As I walked in, I got the comment "soooooooo you're pushing how far you can go with the casual look" several times. Now i'm paranoid and avoiding anyone with any real authority. I work for a police department, which by it's nature is a para-military organization. Some take the military aspect of it a lot more literally than others. I really don't want to get sent home for inappropriate attire. So it's a big game of hide and seek here today :blush:

:lol: One guy at my old office did that, but he chose to wear a turtleneck with khakis instead of a shirt and tie, on a regular weekday (not Friday) he got sent home to change.

The nerve of some people!! :o

Did he not know that humans cannot actually function well at work unless they are dressed in some sort of quasi-uniform that conforms to some standard that some idiot made up at some point and that everyone goes along with!!

Good luck with the hiding day Rob.

LoL a turtle neck? I think he should have been forced to wear one the rest of the week as punishment.

I'm hiding because being sent home would be a mark in my personnel file. It wouldn't matter much now, but in the long run, it might have some negative ramifications on potential promotions.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
OK, I have been testing the waters regarding casual dress at work. I had worn a polo and khaki pants a couple of times, albeit on fridays and it was ok. Well, today, I wore that, and decided to wear casual shoes. They aren't sneakers, but kinda look like em. I don't know how to accurately describe them. Anyways, It appears that the shoes are the breaching point. As I walked in, I got the comment "soooooooo you're pushing how far you can go with the casual look" several times. Now i'm paranoid and avoiding anyone with any real authority. I work for a police department, which by it's nature is a para-military organization. Some take the military aspect of it a lot more literally than others. I really don't want to get sent home for inappropriate attire. So it's a big game of hide and seek here today :blush:

:lol: One guy at my old office did that, but he chose to wear a turtleneck with khakis instead of a shirt and tie, on a regular weekday (not Friday) he got sent home to change.

Did he not know that humans cannot actually function well at work unless they are dressed in some sort of quasi-uniform that conforms to some standard that some idiot made up at some point and that everyone goes along with!!

LoL a turtle neck? I think he should have been forced to wear one the rest of the week as punishment.

I'm hiding because being sent home would be a mark in my personnel file. It wouldn't matter much now, but in the long run, it might have some negative ramifications on potential promotions.

Yeah I think that's completely understandable (ie my little rant wasn't directed at you :lol: )

I think it's great that you are pushing the line !

Timeline

Yeah I think that's completely understandable (ie my little rant wasn't directed at you :lol: )

I think it's great that you are pushing the line !

LoL, I didn't think you were taking a jab at me. I thought it would be ok this morning, until I got a few comments from colleagues. Oh well, I think i'll probably go home with this headache and avoid the inevitable talk.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The mail came YAY <3 Ironically enough I was at yoga last night, and at the beginning of class they ask you to ask yourself you are dedicating your practice to for that session. I said to myself the delivery of my USPS doc. package and here it is. lol I also redeemed my visa points for a starbucks gift card on the 5th and that came today too. Good mail day!

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline
The mail came YAY <3 Ironically enough I was at yoga last night, and at the beginning of class they ask you to ask yourself you are dedicating your practice to for that session. I said to myself the delivery of my USPS doc. package and here it is. lol I also redeemed my visa points for a starbucks gift card on the 5th and that came today too. Good mail day!

Yay!

I also had a kind of good mail day. I ordered some aussie products for my Husband (fooood) and that arrived - it's a surprise for him.

On the flip side, I ordered a new bed spread as our quilt is too warm now - but I don't like the colour.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

RAGE!

"We still have not received your file. Your file was shipped to Vancouver via Diplomatic pouch, which could take as long as several months to arrive. "

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
RAGE!

"We still have not received your file. Your file was shipped to Vancouver via Diplomatic pouch, which could take as long as several months to arrive. "

That is ridiculous. Several months?? That's the best they can do!!!! That is unacceptable! WHy would they do that? I think you need to call them back and CRY, SCREAM and RAGE until they do something about that!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
RAGE!

Absolutely ridiculous!!

I agree, I would be calling Vancouver and talking to someone about it.

RAGE!

:o First Sydney...now this! I hope this will all get sorted out soon! Absolutely ridiculous!! I don't know if Senator intervention would work at this point in the process, but its worth a try? Absolute madness!

Edited by minnew

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
RAGE!

:o First Sydney...now this! I hope this will all get sorted out soon! Absolutely ridiculous!! I don't know if Senator intervention would work at this point in the process, but its worth a try? Absolute madness!

LoL, I was typing that out and the browser crashed :P

I would go with his representative in the House of Representatives as opposed to his senator. Well, that would also depend on who is congressman is. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

oh man.. i just came home exhausted and hungry and I'm totally angry... for no reason apparently, just hungry.. I can't even stand next to hubby.. i'm just sooo angry and everything he does is irritating right now.. Irrational female coming through!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
oh man.. i just came home exhausted and hungry and I'm totally angry... for no reason apparently, just hungry.. I can't even stand next to hubby.. i'm just sooo angry and everything he does is irritating right now.. Irrational female coming through!

Midol is your friend.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Midol is your friend.

Oh my goodness.. that is it.. i was wondering why i was all out of sorts.. it IS that time of the month! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

:lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
it really irritates me when my hubby says,"oh it must be that time of the month" I think I am more irritated because usually it is true :P

I don't dare suggest that Mel's bad mood could be attributed to that. Especially now that we have a couch that makes into a bed :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.