July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Are you saying if you decided you really wanted to move back to Canada (say the family found a job for you that you just couldn't refuse, for instance) - that your Husband wouldn't come with you?

I just couldn't imagine going through the immigration process again. :wacko:

I've done 5 immigration processes. It gets easier :lol:

Five? Where have you gone? :P

To be honest, my wife and I have considered moving to the U.S. at some point. My wife likes the northwest states the best (Washington, Oregon and to a lesser extent, California), so that's always a possibility. At least we'd be together during the process, so that'd make immigration far more bearable.

I had to go through the Canadian process twice for my ex husband. I immigrated to New Zealand. My Husband immigrated to Canada, from Australia and now to the U.S.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The thing is, my husband has dropped it all to live with me. No we didn't do any immigration, but he did drop it all to live in Canada for two years. I am not saying an eye for an eye, but he knows what it was like there. He didn't like it and he wasn't happy. Someone had to budge and that someone was me.

I would have to be extremely unhappy in order for him to go back or consider it, and we'd have to be really bad off here. He didn't just accept the position, he came home and talked to me about it. I told him to go for it, to me that means that I am standing behind him. I wouldn't ask him to throw any of it away.

This is his career and his career was there before me, and he's extremely passionate about what he does. I can adapt and I have.

Are you saying if you decided you really wanted to move back to Canada (say the family found a job for you that you just couldn't refuse, for instance) - that your Husband wouldn't come with you?

Five? Where have you gone? :P

To be honest, my wife and I have considered moving to the U.S. at some point. My wife likes the northwest states the best (Washington, Oregon and to a lesser extent, California), so that's always a possibility. At least we'd be together during the process, so that'd make immigration far more bearable.

I had to go through the Canadian process twice for my ex husband. I immigrated to New Zealand. My Husband immigrated to Canada, from Australia and now to the U.S.

Crazy!

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

The paint in this house where we are living drives me barmy.

It's flat or almost flat and if you touch it, it marks (and a black mark no less!!).

It's like living in a china shop and every time I see a little mark I see me with a paint brush in my hand (she left paint here 'in case there are some little touch ups you need to do'). Guess she was already familiar with this paint.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

It's flat or almost flat and if you touch it, it marks (and a black mark no less!!).

It's like living in a china shop and every time I see a little mark I see me with a paint brush in my hand (she left paint here 'in case there are some little touch ups you need to do'). Guess she was already familiar with this paint.

That sucks! Be happy you don't live in this home in FL, yikes!!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/06/florida.c...mily/index.html

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I hear you Trailmix. I've only been in the apt for 10 months, but these past few weeks I've decided to make some changes. I find we have more room now but the paint in all the rooms except kitchen and bath is flat. No washing it to clean it up - 3 men have lived here for 5 years on their own. :wacko:

I'm going to go to the office and ask if there would be a problem with re-painting (the living room, at least) with semi-gloss. Besides, they have stains on the ceiling from when the roof leaked that have never been dealth with. I have my fingers crossed that the management corp will let me paint the living room.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Timeline

Wow - what a nightmare! You really begin to wonder when all of these products originating from China seem to have something dangerous in them - from pet food to milk to drywall. Yipes!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

You need to become a consultant! :lol:

Wow - what a nightmare! You really begin to wonder when all of these products originating from China seem to have something dangerous in them - from pet food to milk to drywall. Yipes!

I was thinking the same thing! Not to mention those chickens. I wonder if they're the ones who thought putting them in a can was a good idea too. :dead:

iagree.gif

Timeline

That's terrible about the drywall!!

I'm ok with the chicken in a can - but I still think about what JillA said about why she became a vegetarian - that totally grossed me out. Oh I should put a warning - if you are at alllll squeamish - don't go looking for that post.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I'm ok with the chicken in a can - but I still think about what JillA said about why she became a vegetarian - that totally grossed me out. Oh I should put a warning - if you are at alllll squeamish - don't go looking for that post.

:lol: I'm sorryyyyyy!!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. I saw that post. :dead: And now that's totally reminded me of the shrimp I cleaned last night.... it was obviously diseased. It totally grossed me out. I'm sorry I came in here and read this now. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

My supervisor just walked in and informed me that I HAVE TO get my CA driver's license like, yesterday so I can "duty" drive (drive the Captain around.) This is not good at all, because your car has to be in good working order, so that means I'm going to have to magically come up with like $500 to get the check engine light turned off.

Also, it has to have a smog test since I live in CA, and probably do the driving test since I still have my Canadian license.

My previously good day just turned rotten very fast :crying:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
My supervisor just walked in and informed me that I HAVE TO get my CA driver's license like, yesterday so I can "duty" drive (drive the Captain around.) This is not good at all, because your car has to be in good working order, so that means I'm going to have to magically come up with like $500 to get the check engine light turned off.

Also, it has to have a smog test since I live in CA, and probably do the driving test since I still have my Canadian license.

If he is demanding it shouldn't he be lending you a vehicle!!

Timeline

Haha, I agree! Actually though, I just got off the phone with the DMV, and they "said" I wouldn't have to re-take the driving test only the "written test"...does that sound right? I told them about my Canadianness and all, but I could have sworn that I read about some fellow Canadians being forced to prove their driving skillz out on the road....

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

July 25/07 Medical

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Haha, I agree! Actually though, I just got off the phone with the DMV, and they "said" I wouldn't have to re-take the driving test only the "written test"...does that sound right? I told them about my Canadianness and all, but I could have sworn that I read about some fellow Canadians being forced to prove their driving skillz out on the road....

It's different in each state. Here in PA, I had to do no test at all, they just gave me a license upon showing them my Ontario license.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

It's different in each state. Here in PA, I had to do no test at all, they just gave me a license upon showing them my Ontario license.

Nice! That makes me feel a bit better...though I still think they might force the test on me once they see the um "New Driver" part to my license that's been on there for 7 years now :blink: But who knows, maybe I'll luck out :devil:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

July 25/07 Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.