July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Uh duh no kidding.

The baby food thing sounds like a page straight out of my friend's mom's book of discipline. I had a friend who did something similar. I don't recall exactly what it was, but he probably was forced to eat cheerios instead of sugar smacks. His mom then proceeded to pack his lunch bag the next day with baby food and put a note on the inside "if you're going to act like a baby, then you're going to eat like one". We teased him for sooooooo long after that.

Talking to his mom at his wedding about it, she told me he never threw a petty tantrum like that again ;)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly.

A couple of years ago in school he got mad at me for making him a turkey sandwich telling me he hated turkey.. the next day I gave him two slices of bread and that's it. :lol: He never complained again.

He chose the damn turkey, but decided after one day he didn't like it. Doesn't work like that kiddo.

He'll learn. I have never seen him throw a tantrum like this in a long time, but it was first thing in the morning and I just finished making him waffles, HOMEMADE WAFFLES and thats the thank you I get? Oh hell no.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Exactly.

A couple of years ago in school he got mad at me for making him a turkey sandwich telling me he hated turkey.. the next day I gave him two slices of bread and that's it. :lol: He never complained again.

He chose the damn turkey, but decided after one day he didn't like it. Doesn't work like that kiddo.

He'll learn. I have never seen him throw a tantrum like this in a long time, but it was first thing in the morning and I just finished making him waffles, HOMEMADE WAFFLES and thats the thank you I get? Oh hell no.

Wow homeade waffles on a weekday!? You're a good Mommy :star:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Yea maybe you should tell him that. :lol:

They have the NJ ASK test all week this week so I have been trying to make him good breakfasts all week along with tea to keep him alert. Usually it's just cereal and a peice of fruit.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol You are a wicked mom. I don't think any of my parents were aware of any testing I had (my fault) but even if they did I don't think they'd feed me so well.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

You are a good Mom. I remember when we had tests at school Mom would make us oatmeal - I love oatmeal! - because she felt we needed a good nutritious breakfast before a test. Homemade waffles are wonderful and bacon is definitely unnecessary. I like the babyfood idea for the temper tantrum as well - temper tantrums are also never necessary.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
lol You are a wicked mom. I don't think any of my parents were aware of any testing I had (my fault) but even if they did I don't think they'd feed me so well.

Agreed! I think my parents stopped asking me about school once I entered the 9th grade. That's partially my fault, but highschool was stupid easy.

I get so annoyed sometimes... I'm 21 but I see my mother baby my 15 year old sister and it makes me jealous sometimes. My mom wakes up every morning at 7am to make her hot breakfasts! When I was growing up she never did that for me. After I turned 11 she wouldn't even get up to see me off in the morning, I'd just get up and leave on my own. I've always been much more mature than my sister, so I know that's why... But still! Sometimes looking back I don't think I ever got to be a kid. That turned into a rant of my own didn't it? :lol:

Timeline

Yea I don't know. He doesn't know how good he has it. He threw himself on the floor started crying and said: "I am going to end up in the nurses office because I am going to be hungry" It's not like he's two either where I can just pick him up and put him in his room, he's 10! He's over 80 pounds!

All day I have been sitting here at work just waiting for a phone call from the nurse asking me if I have fed him... luckily he didn't follow through with it. :lol:

However baby food is on zee menu tonight... maybe a pacifier too.

It just irks me at times when you're trying to do something really nice for them and they have no idea how well they have it.

Agreed! I think my parents stopped asking me about school once I entered the 9th grade. That's partially my fault, but highschool was stupid easy.

I get so annoyed sometimes... I'm 21 but I see my mother baby my 15 year old sister and it makes me jealous sometimes. My mom wakes up every morning at 7am to make her hot breakfasts! When I was growing up she never did that for me. After I turned 11 she wouldn't even get up to see me off in the morning, I'd just get up and leave on my own. I've always been much more mature than my sister, so I know that's why... But still! Sometimes looking back I don't think I ever got to be a kid. That turned into a rant of my own didn't it? :lol:

I agree. I don't have siblings but my mother treats my son like GOLD! In my mom's world, my son does no wrong and if he does it is somehow my fault.

You watch he'll go to her and complain about the baby food and she'll have something snarky to say to me.

This coming from a woman who decided to walk me to every single class in fuzzy slippers and a house coat after I got caught skipping a few classes in highschool.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Ewwwww dat's nasty!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I love that it says: Amerikansk Smak!

If I ever start a band I am going to call it that... whatever it means. :P

We've taken a pig and turned it into puddin... puddin!

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
squeez-bacon.jpg

Maybe she can give you this.

Mmm squeeze bacon! :dead:

I'm still gagging from that canned chicken you posted yesterday, then you go and drop this bomb. Soo cruel.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

The canned chicken was much better than this -this doesn't even look like it could be food. I mean, think of it - what would bacon out of a bottle look like, let alone taste! Yes, that really is nasty!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Hey I remember I said the same thing about squeeze cheeze and I love that stuff now. :lol:

I'd try it once... just to say I had bacon puddin. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.