July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, that was a lot easier than I was expecting! The guy showed up - I had called just as he was finishing his last call of the day. He opened the freezer, took one look at the freon tube and knew exactly what had happened - the capacitor was shot! So, he pulled out the fridge - this thing is a monster! - revealed all the dust bunnies multiplying behind it (ack!), replaced the capacitor and the relay and whatever else needed doing, vacuumed out the condenser for us, slid it back into place and turned it on - voila! It works! He inspected everything else while he was looking at it and says everything else looks good and generally on this brand it is usually the capacitor that needs replacing if anything goes. It was $225 - and I don't think I am going to loose any food either (except what needed to be lost due to being in there too long!). So, lots of ham over this next week. He also gave us some discount cards if we need anything else repaired - they do all appliances. A good repairman is a good thing to know!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
USPS doesn't give you working tracking numbers apparently..#######.

When did you get the tracking number beans? I think sometimes it can take a little while before it is actually available to be tracked (like a day)

It was put in the mail on Monday. Jeremy swears up and down thats the right tracking number. But it apparently doesn't work.

Well blah. Maybe if you called them??

Good news Kathryn!

I'm pissed off. My bank card got copied and $500 was stolen from my account today. I'll get it back (I assume), but I'm still pissed.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm pissed off. My bank card got copied and $500 was stolen from my account today. I'll get it back (I assume), but I'm still pissed.

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Fortunately, credit card lenders know they can't force the account holder to pay for what someone else did (provided the charges didn't come from an authorized user). That's why credit card lenders will sometimes put a stop on your card and require you to call them (or they'll call you) if your spending habits drastically change or you make an extremely large purchase. They want to make sure it's you using their card.

Anyway... I wouldn't worry. Your current account will be deactivated and you'll get issued a new card.

I remember the first time I had a credit card of my own (I had been an authorized user on one of my parents' cards before) and tried purchasing something online, my card's number was stolen. MBNA -- before BoA took them over -- alerted me to the situation and asked if the charges were mine. They weren't, so they got me a new card.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
It's a public forum, so no one bashed in private. They just shared their opinion about you. And you shared yours. Time to move on and gtfo

not private...public forum...gtfo? Doesn't add up.

In response to your warm gtfo, maybe you can add F and U. That work for ya?

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline

Let it go.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
Truce anyone? I'm willing to negotiate a settlement.

You're the best. Seriously. :)

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Well that was definitely not a way to spend an evening....waiting in the hospital ER for 3 hours!! I still don't understand it! How could it just all of sudden be painful and swollen! How could someone who has not had a ring in their belly button for 2 years all of a sudden look like the damn area was going to pop! That would have been painful! I never had an infection! I always cleaned the area even after letting the holes grow in! Now I have to wear a gauze dressing for the next few days!! :angry:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
Well that was definitely not a way to spend an evening....waiting in the hospital ER for 3 hours!! I still don't understand it! How could it just all of sudden be painful and swollen! How could someone who has not had a ring in their belly button for 2 years all of a sudden look like the damn area was going to pop! That would have been painful! I never had an infection! I always cleaned the area even after letting the holes grow in! Now I have to wear a gauze dressing for the next few days!! :angry:

Was it a granuloma? hmmmmmmm interesting.. I had a nose ring and after a few months (but not years) I had to take it out.. I made a mistake and had someone put it in that wasn't a pro.. *sigh..

What did they say was wrong?

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I love my mother but she can be really overbearing at times.

She was supposed to come down and visit me at the end of June for a week and then bring Ethan back to Canada for the summer. But of course she decided that she couldn't make it down due to some retreat she is putting on for work so instead she wants to come down the next week. This is a problem because its on Canada day and I have already made plans to go to DC that day. Also on the 4th of July we'll be at my inlaws. So I tell my mother this and she asks me where my priorities are. Umm you're the one who decided to change your plans and now you expect me to accommodate them. You can't just do that. I don't think she realizes how unreasonable she can be at times, but of course she's probably thinking the same about me because I am not going to change my plans.

I understand she's my mother, but I have many plans for the first week of July. She doesn't seem to have it in her head that I am married and I have other priorities. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I love my mother but she can be really overbearing at times.

She was supposed to come down and visit me at the end of June for a week and then bring Ethan back to Canada for the summer. But of course she decided that she couldn't make it down due to some retreat she is putting on for work so instead she wants to come down the next week. This is a problem because its on Canada day and I have already made plans to go to DC that day. Also on the 4th of July we'll be at my inlaws. So I tell my mother this and she asks me where my priorities are. Umm you're the one who decided to change your plans and now you expect me to accommodate them. You can't just do that. I don't think she realizes how unreasonable she can be at times, but of course she's probably thinking the same about me because I am not going to change my plans.

I understand she's my mother, but I have many plans for the first week of July. She doesn't seem to have it in her head that I am married and I have other priorities. :(

Sounds like my mom. I'd say hold your ground because she was the one who changed her plans. But I know sometimes you just want to please your mom..

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

I am holding my ground much to her displeasure. So now we are going to drive up to Rochester the week before and meet her at the "halfway" mark and drop my son off so she can take him to Canada for the summer. But she called me selfish for not changing my plans. :lol:

Thats fine.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.