Kath

LAND DOWNUNDER, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

2,770 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks on the congrats guys!!!

@Annex – still have a few more months to go but definitely will post pics when the time comes…no, havent thought of any names as yet..its soooo difficult to pick names lol! :wacko:

Your wedding plans sounds nice – pls post pics when you can..looking forward to seeing them.

@Kaffy – yes, he’s been more active the last week and a half. I feel him move several times a day. Theyre still very light taps and fluttering but there have been a couple of times where I get jabbed which still shocks me here and there lol.

That cherry blossom tree is just absolutely gorgeous!!!!

@ Annie - CONGRATS ON THE VISA!!!! :dance::dance: Thats excellent news!!!

Nope, still havent come up with any names unfortunately…it will be a while lol..

@Katt loves Matt – Yes, that sounds about right…seems like everything’s in order..not long to go! ;)

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline
@Annex – still have a few more months to go but definitely will post pics when the time comes…no, havent thought of any names as yet..its soooo difficult to pick names lol! :wacko:

Your wedding plans sounds nice – pls post pics when you can..looking forward to seeing them.

Hey MzMo :D Yeah Ill definately post some pics I tend to be a little paranoid because I hate being overweight but Ill post a couple ...

Shay and I have already picked baby names (L) Ronan Kristian if we have a boy after his father who passed away when Shay was 15 and his mum whose name is Christine ... And if we have a little girl her name will be Natasha Marie after my grandmother whose passed away and my mum ... were also playing around with Micah (One of shays grandfathers) and Shayla Storm ... Shayla because its a play on Shays name and Storm which is my Internet User name in all the forums I've visited for years and years and ironically Stormy was one of Shays great grandfathers names ...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline
Thats the happy dance!!! I just got a call from Matt!! We got Approved!!!

Congratulations, I'm thrilled for you both! :dance:

Our Timeline

December 31st, 2007: Engaged!

November 4th, 2008: Received official confirmation that first K1 packet has been received by USCIS.

January 20th, 2009: Received NOA2, confirming that the K1 petition has been approved.

February 10th, 2009: Kat receives Packet 3 from Sydney consulate.

February 18th, 2009: Medical Exam.

March 4th, 2009: Medical exam results received.

March 30th, 2009: Kat mails out Packet 3 to consulate (11:45pm!)

April 7th, 2009: Received Packet 4. Interview scheduled for April 21st at 9am.

April 21st, 2009: Visa Interview @ Sydney Consulate. PASSED!!! :)

May 21st, 2009: POE @ SFO.

July 11th, 2009: Married.

August 13th, 2009: Filed for AOS.

August 20th, 2009: Received NOAs for I-485 & I-765

September 19, 2009: Biometrics Interview

October 3rd, 2009: Received EAD card in mail.

November 24th, 2009: Received Welcome Notice & 2yr PRC!!

September 21st, 2011: Filed I-751 for 10 year PRC

July 3rd, 2012: Received 10 year PRC in mail.

August 27th, 2012: Filed N-400.

August 29th, 2012: N-400 Application received by Arizona service center.

September 4th, 2012: Electronic notice received confirming receipt of application.

October 24th, 2012: Biometrics appointment

December 19th, 2012: Interview letter received. Interview set for January 23rd, 2013.

Timeline

I have a question for you all about your wedding dates.....how far in advance did you set your dates? I'm mailing off our packet tomorrow...and I just don't know if I should risk setting a date too soon. I've tried estimating how long the process will take but that seems too risky for me to book vendors and end up having to reschedule. I don't know what to do!

thanks... :)

~ Dee

Timeline
I have a question for you all about your wedding dates.....how far in advance did you set your dates? I'm mailing off our packet tomorrow...and I just don't know if I should risk setting a date too soon.

We didn't even think about trying to set a wedding date until after we had received our NOA2. Even now we're not sure if we'll be approved in time for the date we want - June 27th. Having said that, we're having a very small wedding and will only have immediate family & friends. So it's not like we have a big reception or similar to book.

I'd be erring on the side of caution and not booking vendors or anything like that until your petition is approved, or even better, until you get your packet 3. This is all of course, dependent on what date you determine that you want to get married. ;)

Edited by kat loves matt

Our Timeline

December 31st, 2007: Engaged!

November 4th, 2008: Received official confirmation that first K1 packet has been received by USCIS.

January 20th, 2009: Received NOA2, confirming that the K1 petition has been approved.

February 10th, 2009: Kat receives Packet 3 from Sydney consulate.

February 18th, 2009: Medical Exam.

March 4th, 2009: Medical exam results received.

March 30th, 2009: Kat mails out Packet 3 to consulate (11:45pm!)

April 7th, 2009: Received Packet 4. Interview scheduled for April 21st at 9am.

April 21st, 2009: Visa Interview @ Sydney Consulate. PASSED!!! :)

May 21st, 2009: POE @ SFO.

July 11th, 2009: Married.

August 13th, 2009: Filed for AOS.

August 20th, 2009: Received NOAs for I-485 & I-765

September 19, 2009: Biometrics Interview

October 3rd, 2009: Received EAD card in mail.

November 24th, 2009: Received Welcome Notice & 2yr PRC!!

September 21st, 2011: Filed I-751 for 10 year PRC

July 3rd, 2012: Received 10 year PRC in mail.

August 27th, 2012: Filed N-400.

August 29th, 2012: N-400 Application received by Arizona service center.

September 4th, 2012: Electronic notice received confirming receipt of application.

October 24th, 2012: Biometrics appointment

December 19th, 2012: Interview letter received. Interview set for January 23rd, 2013.

Timeline
I have a question for you all about your wedding dates.....how far in advance did you set your dates? I'm mailing off our packet tomorrow...and I just don't know if I should risk setting a date too soon. I've tried estimating how long the process will take but that seems too risky for me to book vendors and end up having to reschedule. I don't know what to do!

~ Dee

Orignally when we filed last August we said August this year and had August 22nd booked..... but as you can tell by my timeline we are no where near getting our visa and being able to organise it all by that date.

So we have moved it to August 14th 2010, we will be married by then (well before) I am actually hoping that we can get married on the 14th of August this year so that we can renew our vows exactly a 1 year on at our wedding :)

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thats the happy dance!!! I just got a call from Matt!! We got Approved!!! Thank the good L-rd!! Baruch HaShem!!!

Well like most, they didn't ask him for ANYTHING! LOL ... he took a huge thick folder of evidence and nothing was asked for... the officer that interviewed him ask him when he was planning to get married he said may 31 (which is officially our wedding date!! woohoo!!).. and then towards the end ask him if he was going to marry me... my poor babe is half deaf and didn't understand the question instead he said no! LOL!! he said the officer gave him a puzzled look and when he finally repeated the question he was oh YES YES YES!!! haha found that too funny!

Anyways I am so relief and just bursting with JOY!! :dance:

Thanks to all for all the help!!

Wooohoooo.... Im soooo happy for you!!!! Congratulations to you both (L) .... How did Matt go? was he nervous? I found the staff really friendly and so I was pretty calm ... Did Matt feel the same?

Hey there friend!

He was a bit nervous! but then calm right down! Everyone was really friendly Matt mentioned that the officer that interviewed him was the same that interviewed him and denied his B1/B2 visa.. he was a bit nervous about that but mention he was super friendly and everything went great! Absolutely no hassles!! I am so excited!! I'll get to see him iin 26 days!! and we marry may 31!!!!

K-1 VISA Timeline

I-129F Sent :2008-10-16

I-129F NOA2 :2009-02-22

Interview Date : 2009-03-31

VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 2009-04-05

US Entry : 2009-04-26 tickets bought!

Wedding date: May 31, 2009

Praise HaShem! This has been such a blessing all thanks to him and his glorious hand!

AOS Timeline:

I-495 Sent: 2009-06-30

I-495 Received: 2009-07-01 (Fedex Overnight)

I-495 Biometrics: 2009-08-11

INTERVIEW DATE RECEIVED:: 2009-08-28

1-495 INTERVIEW DATE: 2009-09-29

Timeline

Hey MzMo :D Yeah Ill definately post some pics I tend to be a little paranoid because I hate being overweight but Ill post a couple ...

Shay and I have already picked baby names (L) Ronan Kristian if we have a boy after his father who passed away when Shay was 15 and his mum whose name is Christine ... And if we have a little girl her name will be Natasha Marie after my grandmother whose passed away and my mum ... were also playing around with Micah (One of shays grandfathers) and Shayla Storm ... Shayla because its a play on Shays name and Storm which is my Internet User name in all the forums I've visited for years and years and ironically Stormy was one of Shays great grandfathers names ...

Dont be silly, who cares! i cant wait to see them though...not long before you're outta here!

Wow, you guys have the baby names already! Thats good though, we still havent even figured it out :wacko: ...

Timeline
So we have moved it to August 14th 2010, we will be married by then (well before) I am actually hoping that we can get married on the 14th of August this year so that we can renew our vows exactly a 1 year on at our wedding :)

Im looking at doing the same thing...we originally hired an attorney Dec 07 for the K1 who stuffed us around :bonk: and we were planning to get married last year September 27th...then we ended up filing ourselves in July last year which USCIS had lost our petition so we had to refile again in November!!! :angry: ....we then had our big wedding set for April 25th 2010 but then I ended up getting pregnant then our whole plans had changed all together :wacko: ...so now, we just figured that we'd have a civil wedding and then have a main wedding when we're both financially settled. It wouldve been alot easier if we both werent coming from huge close knit families on opposite sides of the earth!

I was thinking of doing the civil wedding but not changing my surname until our big wedding....Im wondering if this will be ok and wont affect the AOS or anything?? :unsure:

Timeline

~ Dee

Hey Dee ... We set our wedding date about a month ago ... We set 2 dates the 2nd of May and the 16th, we both prefered the 2nd but we thought we should have a back up just incase but I wasnt thrilled with the 16th as thats the date (different month) I got married to my ex 16 years ago ... and the rest of the month was pretty booked up as Shay is a Chef and they had a couple big bookings and also his mothers birthday and the anniversary of his dads death which are all in May ... which meant we would have to wait till July unless we could squeeze in a day in June and neither of us wanted to wait that long! His boss wasnt very happy but we came to a compromised and shortened our honeymoon from 7 days down to 5 and we were able to keep the 2nd as our wedding date ...

Were not having a formal wedding soo the only thing we had to book was a pastor and he was flexible and the park but thats officially closed til June (I think) and so the town was more then happy to accommodate us ... thats the great thing about being in a small town, everyone knows everyone and is more then happy to be flexible to help you out, mind you instead of inviting people they are actually asking to come themselves! ... Im not even going to wear a wedding dress instead I found a nice blouse that is silvery grey and Im wearing black slacks .. Im going to do something with my hair I spose and have a little bouquet ... we're going to keep everything very simple and on our first anniversary were going to renew our vows and have something that is more wedding like ...

Actually when you get a chance you should put together a timeline because it will be easier to be able to tell you when to expect what .... We used the flow chart thats available here somewhere and it was pretty spot on for us ... give or take a week or two ....

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

Dont be silly, who cares! i cant wait to see them though...not long before you're outta here!

Wow, you guys have the baby names already! Thats good though, we still havent even figured it out :wacko: ...

:lol: yeah who cares ... I dont have much of a choice everyone wants pics ... I went to say goodbye to the ladies at Salvo's that I do volunteer work with earlier today and they all threatened to do me harm if I dont send pics ....

:lol: I know its funny we have baby names already but my family are greek immigrants and its traditional to name our children after our parents .... but my sister just had a baby and called her Mariah (shes my little angel (L) ) and her first little girls middle name is Calista Maria soo Im kinda let off the hook besides Ive always loved my grandmothers name and since I was a little girl I wanted to name my kid after my grandmother .. her name was Anastasia but I prefer Natasha.... And Shay always wanted to name his after his father and mother and had wanted Ronny Christine ... When he told me I said what about Ronan, his fathers name is Ronald and I really dont like that name but Ronan is lovely and Ive always loved Kristian ... but the main thing is theyre healthy a name is just a word we learn to respond to ...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

Thats the happy dance!!! I just got a call from Matt!! We got Approved!!! Thank the good L-rd!! Baruch HaShem!!!

Well like most, they didn't ask him for ANYTHING! LOL ... he took a huge thick folder of evidence and nothing was asked for... the officer that interviewed him ask him when he was planning to get married he said may 31 (which is officially our wedding date!! woohoo!!).. and then towards the end ask him if he was going to marry me... my poor babe is half deaf and didn't understand the question instead he said no! LOL!! he said the officer gave him a puzzled look and when he finally repeated the question he was oh YES YES YES!!! haha found that too funny!

Anyways I am so relief and just bursting with JOY!! :dance:

Thanks to all for all the help!!

Wooohoooo.... Im soooo happy for you!!!! Congratulations to you both (L) .... How did Matt go? was he nervous? I found the staff really friendly and so I was pretty calm ... Did Matt feel the same?

Hey there friend!

He was a bit nervous! but then calm right down! Everyone was really friendly Matt mentioned that the officer that interviewed him was the same that interviewed him and denied his B1/B2 visa.. he was a bit nervous about that but mention he was super friendly and everything went great! Absolutely no hassles!! I am so excited!! I'll get to see him iin 26 days!! and we marry may 31!!!!

Hey Darlin'

Im so very happy for you both Im glad it all went well, the same guy prob interviewed us both and he was really nice, actually all the people I came in contact with were except the security guys... swear if they smiled their whole face would have cracked!! ... the great thing is our times are soo close to each other which is way awesome we'll more then likely be doing our AOS at the same time and Cham to .... so we can bounce of each other ...

Actually Kai's interview is in like 5days ... Unfortunately Ill be off the net by then but Im going to go to the internet cafe up the road every couple days to read my mail et so hopefully Ill find out how it all went ...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

Thanks ya'll for sharing your experiences with setting your wedding dates. It really helps. Our families want us to get married in Hawaii because of being halfway between us. We'd love to be able to do that, but we're told we will have to book things (location, minister, photographer) further in advance because of all the people that go there to get married. We're only going to have our immediate families there though. After reading your experiences, I definitely think I will wait atleast till we get our NOA2. Oh, and I started our timeline (thanks AnnexoxShay)...I didn't know how helpful that could be in estimating how long it will take. I'm still learning! but it helps reading everyone's posts and hearing from your experiences. Thanks!

We did the half-way-in between Hawaii thing also. If you decide to get married on Kauai I am happy to offer suggestions :P

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.