Riggs

Cenomar problem

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I am going to the bislig next week to marry my sweetie. She was told at the hall in bislig that her and I needed a Cenomar. I thought this was odd as I will be getting my affadavit in liue of no marriage cert in Manila prior. I contacted the NSO in Butuan and they said that bislig is requireing cenomars for both because recently a foriegner had married in the philippines while he was still married from a another marriage that he had in the phillipines.

However, my fiancee went to Davao and applied for both of our Cenomars, they told her a 15 day waiting peroid. Butuan NSO told me that you get them the same day while you wait unless one of you were prioviously married. My fiancee has never been married but I was in the US and have been long divorced. I think the NSO is confused becaused they see divorced on my application and it doesn't stipulate where I was previosouly married, philippines or us. I believe they assumed I was married in the philippines and that is why they are causing the delay. My fiancee talked to them to try and get them to release it sooner, she said they told her that we could pick them up on the 17 of March. That throws all our hotel reservations out of wack and puts us 1 or 2 more days behing schedule for mariage application process and to marry.

I wish she would have went to Butuan but she went to Davao because her sister lives there and she is familiar.

Does anyone know of how I can reach the NSO in Davao or someone that works there that I might be able to explain this situation to to possible help get the cenomars released priorto the 17th?

I have never been to the philippines before so I certainly could not have married there before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks much

Steve

Philippines is famous for paperwork bull$hit.

They love to do everthing the long way

People love to "Fall In Line" in PI.

Just take your divorcee decree from USA, and I have never heard of an American Citizen getting a CENOMAR in PI since you are not a citizen there

I am pretty sure their is a communication breakdown somewhere.

Another trick in PI, is to tip people and they will get your paperwork a lot sooner and move you to the front of the line......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

As long as she is getting hers you will be ok. You will soon learn about the concept Filipino time. Don't try to schedule everything to tight because in many cases it may not happen. On the other hand being there in person you will be able to expedite things when necessary.

I know its hard not to, but dont stress to much while you are still here. Trust me marrying in the Philippines is a great adventure, enjoy it as it will be one of the best memories of your life, and it's a great way to start your life with your Filipina. :dance:

As long as she is getting hers you will be ok. You will soon learn about the concept Filipino time. Don't try to schedule everything to tight because in many cases it may not happen. On the other hand being there in person you will be able to expedite things when necessary.

I know its hard not to, but dont stress to much while you are still here. Trust me marrying in the Philippines is a great adventure, enjoy it as it will be one of the best memories of your life, and it's a great way to start your life with your Filipina. :dance:

So True.

Yes, once you learn to live on Philippines time then the easier the adventure gets.

Been there done that, Got the T-Shirt.................

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

hi,

i am from davao and when me and my husband got married there he never had to get cenomar coz the paper that he got from the embassy is enough...and i didnt too because i was still under 25 years old that time...i just had my parents signed the parent consent to marry.

just apply onlie maybe its fast..

God bless you.

Most cities don't require CENOMAR. However you have to get it in the future for the interview anyway.

It's also a GOOD idea to get if there is any doubt the pinay may have been married and hasn't informed you of such.

Happens WAY more than you think.

By the way. Butuan isn't that safe a place to be cruising in!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My husband was never asked for Cenomar when we got married in PH. What he only submitted was his Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage which we got from USEM, his BC and divorce decree. I don't really think that you need to have Cenomar and this is the first time i heard of a cenomar being asked to an American..

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello all,

I am going to the bislig next week to marry my sweetie. She was told at the hall in bislig that her and I needed a Cenomar. I thought this was odd as I will be getting my affadavit in liue of no marriage cert in Manila prior. I contacted the NSO in Butuan and they said that bislig is requireing cenomars for both because recently a foriegner had married in the philippines while he was still married from a another marriage that he had in the phillipines.

However, my fiancee went to Davao and applied for both of our Cenomars, they told her a 15 day waiting peroid. Butuan NSO told me that you get them the same day while you wait unless one of you were prioviously married. My fiancee has never been married but I was in the US and have been long divorced. I think the NSO is confused becaused they see divorced on my application and it doesn't stipulate where I was previosouly married, philippines or us. I believe they assumed I was married in the philippines and that is why they are causing the delay. My fiancee talked to them to try and get them to release it sooner, she said they told her that we could pick them up on the 17 of March. That throws all our hotel reservations out of wack and puts us 1 or 2 more days behing schedule for mariage application process and to marry.

I wish she would have went to Butuan but she went to Davao because her sister lives there and she is familiar.

Does anyone know of how I can reach the NSO in Davao or someone that works there that I might be able to explain this situation to to possible help get the cenomars released priorto the 17th?

I have never been to the philippines before so I certainly could not have married there before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks much

Steve

I got my cenomar in less than 10 days thru NSO Helpline plus (tel. no. 7371111) but im not sure if that also applicable in the provinces. Ive heared from one of the member here that she got her cenomar in 2 days just paying a little extra charge. My husband never required for a Cenomar, he only get a Legal capacity to marry in the US Embassy and that will only take 1 hour. Actually, I only get cenomar for the US Embassy requirement. I got the staff from the City Hall in my town not to require me that anymore since we dont have enough time to wait until our wedding date. It would be nice If you can make a good arrangement from the City hall. Good luck!

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.