~Jackie~

"set your clock ahead" Saturday

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

How is his driving?

Mine has had his license for about a year and a half, give or take, he still makes me a nervous wreck when he drives. And parking lots...holy #######! For some reason he wants to park in BFE instead of closer to the entrance. He claims he drives better when I'm not in the car. For some reason I believe this, lol.

its been almost a year now and he still has his learner's permit. I've given up hope on him getting his license. I'm not pushing it anymore.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
How is his driving?

Mine has had his license for about a year and a half, give or take, he still makes me a nervous wreck when he drives. And parking lots...holy #######! For some reason he wants to park in BFE instead of closer to the entrance. He claims he drives better when I'm not in the car. For some reason I believe this, lol.

its been almost a year now and he still has his learner's permit. I've given up hope on him getting his license. I'm not pushing it anymore.

His driving sucks. its worse than driving with a teenager. I am a nervous wreck when he drives. After the last time, i refuse to take him out anymore! One of our friends have offered but he don't want to impose on him. So i said fine, u will be doin lots of walking this summer!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husband only had his permit for one month and that was because I wanted him to get practice time as well as the appointments were backed up for a month. He can drive fairly well except he still doesn't understand the difference between a green light in the left turn lane and a green arrow. I keep telling him he has to yield with the green light but he still nearly got us in a wreak a couple weeks ago by not yielding. Scared me to death, but other than that I haven't had any problems. He is still really nervous and has no desire to drive on highways yet or alone for that matter. I bought a van for him to use but I think it will be a while before he goes out alone. I was just happy he did so great on the driving test. He only got one point off.

Oh, also, in the state where I live once you are 18 you don't have to get the permit, you could just go straight for the license.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.