Bulgarican

August 2008 fillers

1,605 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Good luck Gemma, you'll do just fine, relax and think positive :)

Queen of page 47, i tell everyone to have an enjoyable weekend, especially those who are with the people they love :)

Edited by Leo and Lioness
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, it really means a lot to have this support behind us.

My family and friends have been asking me all week about my "citizenship" or asking again why I need to interview, or even forgetting what it's for (after all of the questions about when I'm getting my visa).

My dad said nothing but "yeah.." when I told him all about my preparation for the interview. I think he's still kinda upset that I'm leaving. He keeps saying he wants me to be happy, but he's not good at hiding how sad he is.. and I've heard how my brother and his girlfriend feel about me leaving, they think I'm being foolish and naive. I'm a little worried that they're just waiting for us to fail so they can say "told you so". There's nothing I can do to change peoples' minds, except remind them that we will be in contact as normal, and I will visit as often as I can. None of them have been through this experience, so I feel they don't have much right in saying what is or isn't naive.

Anyway, my point is that it's nice to share the process with people in the same boat.

I really hope we're not given a blue slip tomorrow (for a small thing on one of the forms, or perhaps something we missed). Mara, Dani, Fred, all of you that have had to wait extra long, I cannot imagine how it must feel to have to be put on hold with no answers (for many different reasons), and for that, you are admired. We're the only ones who knows how it really feels going through the process, and I hope everyone gets comfort from this.

It's exactly 4 months since our NOA2 tomorrow as well, so it will be a nice little celebration if our visa was approved on the 4 month "anniversary" of our approved petition. And as I write this, it's exactly 1 week since I last saw Bill, and 6 weeks until I'm back with him. :)

THanks for the good luck wishes... I'll tell you all the news!

Good luck! GO GET THAT VISA GIRL!!!!! :dance:

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My family and friends have been asking me all week about my "citizenship" or asking again why I need to interview, or even forgetting what it's for (after all of the questions about when I'm getting my visa).

My dad said nothing but "yeah.." when I told him all about my preparation for the interview. I think he's still kinda upset that I'm leaving. He keeps saying he wants me to be happy, but he's not good at hiding how sad he is.. and I've heard how my brother and his girlfriend feel about me leaving, they think I'm being foolish and naive. I'm a little worried that they're just waiting for us to fail so they can say "told you so". There's nothing I can do to change peoples' minds, except remind them that we will be in contact as normal, and I will visit as often as I can. None of them have been through this experience, so I feel they don't have much right in saying what is or isn't naive.

Anyway, my point is that it's nice to share the process with people in the same boat.

I really hope we're not given a blue slip tomorrow (for a small thing on one of the forms, or perhaps something we missed). Mara, Dani, Fred, all of you that have had to wait extra long, I cannot imagine how it must feel to have to be put on hold with no answers (for many different reasons), and for that, you are admired. We're the only ones who knows how it really feels going through the process, and I hope everyone gets comfort from this.

It's exactly 4 months since our NOA2 tomorrow as well, so it will be a nice little celebration if our visa was approved on the 4 month "anniversary" of our approved petition. And as I write this, it's exactly 1 week since I last saw Bill, and 6 weeks until I'm back with him. :)

Good Luck and congrats! :dance:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Gemma you will be fine :)

We all understand the waiting process here, doesnt matter if we had a short wait or a stupidly long wait, we all know how it feels.

Now tell me, how did you react when he told you that you were approved????

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Good luck, Gemma! I hope everything went perfectly :).

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yum... ice cream for a meal... I actually did do that a few times but it wasn't always easy to eat, but I'm feelin pretty good today, just sweatin like mad... I don't know if that's the humidity speaking or what though.

Best of luck gemmi, you're almost done with the wait. Only a few more august filers left to go now, I'm just hoping a certain lost petition can resurface suddenly and get some people on track for the original approval, there is just so much wrong with the idea of having to file from scratch because USCIS lost the petition.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
i am still waiting for interview date....

hey buddy is your g/f ready with all the documents for the interview?

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I've been dealing with the same thing from the very beginning of the process. Even though I have explained the whole thing numerous times, people still ask what I/we are doing, why we had to attend an interview, where I am going and why.... Nobody so far has said that I am being naive and foolish, but I'm fairly sure at least a few have thought so.

As for the close family members, now that everything is 'said and done', or, well, that visa is sitting in my passport, I've been noticing that they're actually - sad. Of course they all wish me/us well and that they're happy as long as I'm happy... but I guess it's not really easy to have someone so close move to the otherr side of the world, all of a sudden. It probably won't be easy for me, either (even harder, I assume!), but for now, I am not thinking about it. Okay, I admit.. not too much.

Gemmie, good luck with your interview, once more. It'll all be good. :)

On a completely different note, I'm still stuck with some weirdness in my ear that started a bit over a month ago. At first, it was a severe inflammation, but apparently, according to the doctor, it is now gone and she couldn't, also, see any abnormalities inside it (I went to have it re-checked a week ago). However, I still feel slight pain and a lot of uncomfortable..ness in it. It's not there when I wake up, but during the day it usually becomes worse. It feels like it's somehow stuffed and that the whatever thing that's stuck in it won't fall out. The doctor said she saw none of that. Meh. Maybe they can't see it? Who knows. I hope it goes away. The pressure (sometimes followed by slight pinchy pain) is similar to that that happens during altitude changes, such as rides through mountains and, of course, during flights, except that in my current case, it never does the awesome, relieving 'POP' after which everything goes back to normal. No idea what to do about this. I bought those ear.. candles... but I am scared to use them. For now.

Now that I'm done complaining, I go back to my... scheduled business. Such as studying.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got water in my ear once, I went under unexpectantly and breathed some weird way that probably involved choking at the same time... either way water got in there good, it didn't seem to want to come out but I figured I must have gotten it all out and it just felt like there was something in there still from me messing with my ear... well, a few days later it had managed to get an infection going or something and I even had the pleasure of being semi-deaf in one ear, antibiotics cleared it up pretty quickly though but it's never pleasant thinking you might lose your hearing (or vision or major appendages or... anything).

I did get some swim ear stuff before that point trying to get the liquid out but it didn't work and apparently if you use that stuff too much it'll make the skin sore... It probably would have worked had I used it on the first day but I don't know, the water might have just been too deep inside my ear.

Anyway, all I can say is monitor it I guess, sometimes we feel things that aren't there anymore... and sometimes it's because they are there. Sometimes we notice something and think it's new but once we notice them we kind of obsess and wonder how we could have overlooked them (there are some bumps in your lower jaw on each side that pretty much everyone has... a few years ago I asked my dentist about them worried it might be cancer or something... I think he chuckled).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello all!!! I am back from our honeymoon, finally we went to Atlantic City, he loved it, its like a little Las Vegas, but it was windy and my cold got worse! but hey it was my honeymoon so I had to enjoy it no matter what!. I am like Maliciant with a horrible sore throat and I've been taking Ibuprofen too (Advil). I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Good luck Gemmie!!!

Mia: Did you get married yet?.

Take care,

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Welcome back, Cuchita and - congratulations! :)

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.