103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Steve, I hope I didn't offend you :( I agree with Narina, you are such a nice guy (F)

Not at all :D I know you were joking :P You could never offend me {HUG} Remember, I'm just a big ol' teddy bear ;)

I look in the mirror everyday ... I know I'm a little 'scary' looking :lol:

... and thanks to all for the congrats on the job. It was stressing me to no end how I was going to have the money to get over there for the interview and then later have the cash to bring my two girls home.

Edited by SteveColo

Steve & Ksenia

502pfk.gif2rom8nd.gif

July 23, 2008 - Married my beautiful Ksenia

Oct 11, 2008 - I-130 Sent

Oct 13, 2008 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2008 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Oct 24, 2008 - NOA1 (I-130)

Oct 25, 2008 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Oct 29, 2008 - I-129F Received at CSC

Oct 30, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129F mailed to me - received 11/22/08 because of address change

Oct 31, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 3, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 18, 2008 - I-129F Touched

Nov 20, 2008 - I-130 (for step daughter) Touched

Feb 17, 2009 - Case received by the NVC

Feb 25, 2009 - Received letter from NVC dated Feb 20th saying they had received my approved I-129F

Feb 27, 2009 - Received 2 letters from NVC dated Feb 20th - they had received both approved I-130's

Mar 6, 2009 - Medical for Ksenia & Sasha completed in Kiev. Everything is great.

Mar 9, 2009 - Called NVC and found out our K3 is in "administrative processing"

Apr 6, 2009 - OUT OF A.P. !!! File being sent to Kiev !

May 5, 2009 - K3 interview in Kiev! APPROVED !!!

July 12, 2009 - ARRIVAL IN USA !!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

My husband works in security in Costa Rica. He works for a very well known company . They are all over the US too.

My husband carries a gun and wears a bullet proof vest. ( I knew he wouldn't have a problem with the background check because it is very difficult to get a license to carry in Costa Rica. If there was a problem he wouldn't have a license)

I don't think you are scarey looking at all. So stop....

Narina, FOOD? Ok, my kids are all self sufficient. They all like different things so it is kind of impossible for me to cook these days. They like making their own But I will tell you that TUCHO is a great cook. He can cook anything. He gets all over me because I don't cook for him in Costa Rica. But there are good reasons why I don't. I can cook very well but mostly American. Tucho eats RICE and BEANS daily. He loves any kind of seafood or chicken or beef. He can eat anything at any time and he doesn't gain an ounce. He probably looses weight by chewing..LOL If I ate and kept up with him I would be as big as a house. We laugh because all we seem to do when I am there is eat and sleep.. ...

GS

When you fill in your time line it automatically updates Igor's list...

Question.... what do you think?

A friend of mine ownes a construction company close by. She told me she will write a letter for TUcho for immigration saying she is willing to hire him at such and such a salary and such and such job title when he is here and able to work. She actually is really going to hire him. Do you think the letter is good or will it open a can of worms???

Edited by esposadetucho

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Taj's wife, I am NOT a nurse.

Jenn, I don't know about the employment letter. It's always best to give the least amount of info to immigration. They always say, don't volunteer any information. Only answer what they ask you. The only thing I can think of is some b1tch saying, "Oh, so you married this lady so you can go back to the US and work for US dollars - denied!" Then again, I'm a little paranoid and sensitive about immigration issues. I've just seen the worst of the worst from them for the last 8 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

To Whom It May Concern:

................ has been an employee of ......................... since ................, a total of ......... years. He has a full-time position as a .................... His Salary is ............... This Position is permanent, and ........’s prospects for performance-based advancement and salary increases are excellent.

make sure that the position is same as all the forms

Edited by ArubaDolphin

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Aruba,

This letter would be something letting Immigration know that he has a job waiting for him when he gets here. I don't want Immigration to think he will be a burden. Given his situation, I was trying to think of everything I can to get him approved

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Taj's wife, I am NOT a nurse.

Jenn, I don't know about the employment letter. It's always best to give the least amount of info to immigration. They always say, don't volunteer any information. Only answer what they ask you. The only thing I can think of is some b1tch saying, "Oh, so you married this lady so you can go back to the US and work for US dollars - denied!" Then again, I'm a little paranoid and sensitive about immigration issues. I've just seen the worst of the worst from them for the last 8 years.

Im really really mad at him right now so I don't care right now........

:angry:

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I got a 169 dollar speeding ticket today <_<

how was everyone elses day?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

:wow:

How fast were you going???

In an attempt (failed attempt) to not go out shopping, I spent several hours cleaning my house today...I am now tired and sore :lol: Guess cause I'm not used to doing it myself :jest: Other than that, nothing special. Still ended up going shopping and spent too much money to fill the void of my husband not being here. And void still left unfulfilled :cry: Same as usual :lol:

Jenn, what happened??? Write on FB if you want.

wow Lisa that SUX....

Im having a pretty crappy night....

how fast were you going?

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline
Aruba,

This letter would be something letting Immigration know that he has a job waiting for him when he gets here. I don't want Immigration to think he will be a burden. Given his situation, I was trying to think of everything I can to get him approved

if you have 125% is ok dont

so they don't think he got married just to work

I got a 169 dollar speeding ticket today <_<

how was everyone elses day?

AUCH

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Timeline
Have fun Lisa! Give Yazied my Salam.

Okay, Lisa and I discussed cooking and food on FB. Just wondering what do you all like to cook? What do your husbands like to eat? Who cooks better? Since we all love talking about food, I figured I'd post the question here!

I LOVE cooking. I usually cook enough for an army for some odd reason..i didnt grow up in a big family or anything ??

Well, my grandma married an italian from chicago and could cook like a first generation italian granny :lol: , so I love cooking italian. lucky me, my husband love love loves pasta.

I havent cooked all of my "famous" meals for yazied, but i gave some dishes a go while i was there. He was impressed and even acknowledged that everything will be even more yummy when its made in my own kitchen :luv:

When Im bored, I like to make up new recipes..some work out, some dont. lol

I learned a few "home" dishes for yazied, and well i love em too!

His aunt taught me how to make shawarma while i was there. yummy! and I can make mansaf without the egg(for those that know, thats a BIG deal apparently) Yazied was telling all of his aunts and even grandma "lisa made mansaf without the egg!" :lol:

i have to admit I am usually an "all in one dish" kinda girl, its very rare that i make side dishes and such. usually its all in there heh Yazied agreed to make the salads for dinners and im totally cool with that because he does a good job.

Like i told you Narina.. I just cant wait to cook for him :luv: I never thought I would grow up to be so domestic, but i tell ya..feeding my family gives me great joy :blush:

Josh isnt too keen on some of the hotter things that i make so my "experiment dishes" are limited right now. :)

uh oh, you brought up cooking and look what happened...big 'ole post :lol:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

See when I cook, it's like a 5 course meal. I will make a salad, an appetizer dish, rice, main meal with another side of either veggies or soup/lentils, and then a dessert. I LOVE cooking. I have about a million cookbooks. I cook a lot of Moroccan dishes. Also love cooking other African, Thai, Indian, and Afghani. Believe it or not, I don't really cook the typical Middle Eastern foods...I guess because when you grow up with them it's not a big deal. However, I do want my aunt to re-teach me how to make kibee next time she visits. I haven't made that since I was a child LOL

When I used to have a job that made me be on my feet all day long, the crockpot was my best friend. I would just throw everything in there and then come home and make rice only. I didn't go all out back then.

The one thing I don't really enjoy too much is baking...for some reason I have this aversion to the oven. Maybe because every single time I bake something it sets off the freakin smoke alarm. I don't know why, because there isn't any smoke in the house! I guess the detector is just sensitive. For my desserts I'll make custards, rice puddings, and stove top desserts that can be made via frying. I do occassionally make baklava, hareesa, and some other things that require baking. I made these Afghani cardamon cookies once and they came out fabulous!

One thing I enjoy is getting creative with salads. I have an organic cookbook and a detox cookbook that have THE BEST salad recipes in there!

Yeah, I take great pleasure in feeding people. It's one of the things I am looking foward to the most when my husband gets here. Also with grown kids on the way...husband tells me "Don't worry about anything. They will clean and cook and take care of everything." I told him I want to cook and no one can stop me :lol: But it will be great to have people clean up for me! It will make me even more encouraged to cook! :lol:

Timeline

ya narina,

I just "found" the crockpot again a few months ago. heh I dont do the big meals because it's just me and j. Maybe when yazied is here and can keep him occupied while i cook, i'll have more time and energy to stay in the kitchen for hours lol

baking. I always say: i love to cook, but baking is science and im not all that into it :lol:

My stepmom gave me a cookbook called 'quick fixes with mixes'. there are alot of recipes with premixed cake mixes, those i can do.

I also (L) indian food, im still learning and it mostly involves the "shan" premixed spice boxes. heh Maybe one day I'll learn to cook em from scratch. :)

eddited to add:

I'll cook you clean-RULES you slave in the kitchen and then have the kids clean up :thumbs:

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

Thanks!

Timeline

LOOOOOOL Lisa - baking science 101 :P

I cook the Indian food from scratch. I LOVE it! There are SOOOOO many spices involved with Indian foods (at least from the recipe books I use)...it's fun just shopping for it all! I mean, I actually had to get some things online because I couldn't find them anywhere. Now I have a cabinet full of things like star anise, kaffir leaves, and tamarind paste. It's so cool! And tastes so damn good!

Afghani food is really good too...it's alot like Indian, but with the sweetness added to it, like with raisins or prunes. To me it's a spicier version of Moroccan cuisine. I like Thai food because of the coconut milk - yummy!

You said your hubby loves pasta? That's good...its' convenient to cook pasta sometimes. I made pasta once, but with a yogurt like sauce. My husband liked it a lot. That is the only time I've made it though. After we talked about soups, I pulled out my soup and stew recipe book. I'm gonna take it with me to Ams this time and make recipes from there...I'm gonna add meat to everything and make the rice to go with it...this way it'll be more to his liking :lol:

Timeline
LOOOOOOL Lisa - baking science 101 :P

I cook the Indian food from scratch. I LOVE it! There are SOOOOO many spices involved with Indian foods (at least from the recipe books I use)...it's fun just shopping for it all! I mean, I actually had to get some things online because I couldn't find them anywhere. Now I have a cabinet full of things like star anise, kaffir leaves, and tamarind paste. It's so cool! And tastes so damn good!

Afghani food is really good too...it's alot like Indian, but with the sweetness added to it, like with raisins or prunes. To me it's a spicier version of Moroccan cuisine. I like Thai food because of the coconut milk - yummy!

You said your hubby loves pasta? That's good...its' convenient to cook pasta sometimes. I made pasta once, but with a yogurt like sauce. My husband liked it a lot. That is the only time I've made it though. After we talked about soups, I pulled out my soup and stew recipe book. I'm gonna take it with me to Ams this time and make recipes from there...I'm gonna add meat to everything and make the rice to go with it...this way it'll be more to his liking :lol:

yep! i lucked out in so many ways with yazied and his love of easy pasta and soup is one of them :P

Soup is one of my favs to make up as i go along

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.