ShariLynn

Filed in May 2008, still waiting!!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good Morning,

Craig and I filed for the K1 in May 2008 after they lost our paperwork on the first go around. Things sailed through the US side and like last time, we have hit a wall on the UK side. Craig sent in his first round of paperwork to the London Embassy and is still waiting to hear back regarding his medical exam. I see timelines for others who filed after us, and they've already had their interview. Has anyone else hit snags like this? Any advice? We call the London Embassy, and they claim that they cannot give any information regarding visa status over the phone. Craig went down to the Embassy and they told him they wouldn't see him without an appointment...what are our options?!

I'm running out of patience :( This is our second attempt, and I'm losing faith.

Good Morning,

Craig and I filed for the K1 in May 2008 after they lost our paperwork on the first go around. Things sailed through the US side and like last time, we have hit a wall on the UK side. Craig sent in his first round of paperwork to the London Embassy and is still waiting to hear back regarding his medical exam. I see timelines for others who filed after us, and they've already had their interview. Has anyone else hit snags like this? Any advice? We call the London Embassy, and they claim that they cannot give any information regarding visa status over the phone. Craig went down to the Embassy and they told him they wouldn't see him without an appointment...what are our options?!

I'm running out of patience :( This is our second attempt, and I'm losing faith.

I'm not really sure what he is expecting to hear back about his medical. Thats usually booked directly with Knightsbridge Doctors.

All I can suggest is ringing the helpline and asking for the weekly e-mail code and e-mailing the embassy with your query.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline
Good Morning,

I'm not really sure what he is expecting to hear back about his medical. Thats usually booked directly with Knightsbridge Doctors.

All I can suggest is ringing the helpline and asking for the weekly e-mail code and e-mailing the embassy with your query.

Thanks, I'll ask Craig to call the helpline and get the email code. He informed me that he needed to wait to get an appointment date with the Knightsbridge Doctors from the Embassy...is that not correct?

Good Morning,

Thanks, I'll ask Craig to call the helpline and get the email code. He informed me that he needed to wait to get an appointment date with the Knightsbridge Doctors from the Embassy...is that not correct?

No its not - he needs to ring the doctors and book his own appointment

Here is the link to the info and forms to download from the US embassy site

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/medexam.html

they won't send an interview date without a medical date having been entered on the checklist so if he already sent that back he will need to print it off and resend it with the medical date included once he has made the appointment.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline
Good Morning,

No its not - he needs to ring the doctors and book his own appointment

Here is the link to the info and forms to download from the US embassy site

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/medexam.html

they won't send an interview date without a medical date having been entered on the checklist so if he already sent that back he will need to print it off and resend it with the medical date included once he has made the appointment.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:time: :time: :time:

without this we cannot see what stage you are at. it also provides information that can be used for peoples timeline estimates. please do it.

Working on it. Papers are in a lockbox.

:)

it sounds like you have received packet 3 so this part of your journey is almost over! hang in there, you'll get there and all the waiting will have paid off. :)

Timeline

without this we cannot see what stage you are at. it also provides information that can be used for peoples timeline estimates. please do it.

it sounds like you have received packet 3 so this part of your journey is almost over! hang in there, you'll get there and all the waiting will have paid off. :)

Thank you for the encouragement! With the explanation above regarding the medical exam, I have a feeling it will be ironed out. I'm not sure how Craig and I both managed to get that confused, but this entire process has been confusing so I shouldn't be surprised. I am going to retrieve the documents from the lockbox this weekend and update my timeline :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for the encouragement! With the explanation above regarding the medical exam, I have a feeling it will be ironed out. I'm not sure how Craig and I both managed to get that confused, but this entire process has been confusing so I shouldn't be surprised. I am going to retrieve the documents from the lockbox this weekend and update my timeline :)

good luck! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm not sure when your approval (NOA2/I-797) was but it has a 4 month validity period. You will want to be sure you check with the Embassy regarding it's expiration date. It is routinely extended by the Embassy but normally when they can not interview before that date. I'm not sure they extend it automatically in this circumstance. You may need to request an extension.

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.