Serendipity_

MARCH APPROVAL's, Let's do NVC together

847 posts in this topic

Queue - Can I fedex my packet 3 to Bombay Consulate?

Does packet 4 have to be delivered in person at VFS?

hello ppl... can i join you here since i just got to know that my NVC case number was assigned on the 19th march and on the USCIS website it still shows that its pending.... but i just called NVC AVR and got my case number!! i would like to know if the W-2s are enough for my hubby's AOS package coz right now hes on deployment and for him to receive mail its a mess... and im thinking of myself as being the agent (im the beneficiary).... will that

be possible?? thansk a lot and may God help us all!!!

Hello His_Wifey! Everybody is welcome to join in this thread.. :)

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

hello ppl... can i join you here since i just got to know that my NVC case number was assigned on the 19th march and on the USCIS website it still shows that its pending.... but i just called NVC AVR and got my case number!! i would like to know if the W-2s are enough for my hubby's AOS package coz right now hes on deployment and for him to receive mail its a mess... and im thinking of myself as being the agent (im the beneficiary).... will that

Thanks candid witch.... im still confused from where to start now... but isnt it everyone? :)

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Thanks candid witch.... im still confused from where to start now... but isnt it everyone? :)

Everybody feels like the way you do.. But you could post some questions and many people would be more than happy to answer it. I cannot answer your above questions expertly but I know that tax returns or transcripts are required in AOS together with W2's and employment letter. You could assign yourself as an agent but it would take ages before you will receive the documents since it will be mailed internationally, unless you have a speedy postal service in your country. Is there anybody in the US like his family which you could assign as an agent instead of you?

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi all,

Here's one update from me. Today, I received an email from Embassy which says the following:

Dear Ms. Sonia:

Thank you for contacting us.

We scheduled you for a K3 visa interview on April 29, 2009 and we issued the appointment package (Interview letter, list of documents required for interview, form DS-230, medical instructions and photograph instructions. If you do not receive the interview letter by March 29, 2009 you or an authorized person can come to the Consular Section on any working day (Sunday-Thursday) between 8.30-9.00 a.m. with a copy of this e-mail and we will hand deliver the interview letter.

We hope the above information is helpful.

Regards.

Immigration Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Dhaka, Bangladesh

He he he...This K3 became absolute worthless...One reason is that we applied shortcut Methods at NVC which made our CR1 move faster than the embassy...Anyways....Atleast I don't have to deal with the flip issue(Although I really wanted an earlier date as I submitted the K3 packet way earlier than we were completed the NVC).

Good Luck all...

Sonia

Timeline

Everybody feels like the way you do.. But you could post some questions and many people would be more than happy to answer it. I cannot answer your above questions expertly but I know that tax returns or transcripts are required in AOS together with W2's and employment letter. You could assign yourself as an agent but it would take ages before you will receive the documents since it will be mailed internationally, unless you have a speedy postal service in your country. Is there anybody in the US like his family which you could assign as an agent instead of you?

we have to check better about the tax returns or transcripts but i guess we can just get them by phone or mail right.... and no candid witch... theres no one who can help us in the US.... no one trusthworty.... so better like this... and nowadays a lot of the things can be done online... i mean no need to get the mail for the bills and all that right?

we have to check better about the tax returns or transcripts but i guess we can just get them by phone or mail right.... and no candid witch... theres no one who can help us in the US.... no one trusthworty.... so better like this... and nowadays a lot of the things can be done online... i mean no need to get the mail for the bills and all that right?

Your husband could call IRS for tax transcripts and/or copies of tax returns with w2's are fine as well. If NVC would be consistent in their paperless thingy then it would be fine to assign yourself as an agent.. You could send the choice of agent through e-mail. With all the updates, you might as well receive the AOS/IV fee bill through e-mail and pay both online.. It is better if you could call NVC and talk to an operator just to double check.. Goodluck! :thumbs:

Timeline

Your husband could call IRS for tax transcripts and/or copies of tax returns with w2's are fine as well. If NVC would be consistent in their paperless thingy then it would be fine to assign yourself as an agent.. You could send the choice of agent through e-mail. With all the updates, you might as well receive the AOS/IV fee bill through e-mail and pay both online.. It is better if you could call NVC and talk to an operator just to double check.. Goodluck! :thumbs:

Thanks candid witch... that s what im planning to do tomorrow.... aks NVC operators and then see how it goes... thanks a lot and good luck to you too!! :star:

Finally... After ages..

CASE COMPLETE!!!

Now the question is, how could we ask NVC to send the files before our K3 interview? The operator told my husbie to explain and call DOS instead..

What shall we do???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Finally... After ages..

CASE COMPLETE!!!

Now the question is, how could we ask NVC to send the files before our K3 interview? The operator told my husbie to explain and call DOS instead..

What shall we do???

Responded in the other thread :)

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Finally... After ages..

CASE COMPLETE!!!

What shall we do???

hi people... i know its still early for me but the AOS package and the IV Fee package have to be sent together or can be sent on different dates?

Thanks and please advice :)

Timeline
Finally... After ages..

CASE COMPLETE!!!

What shall we do???

hi people... i know its still early for me but the AOS package and the IV Fee package have to be sent together or can be sent on different dates?

The AOS and IV Packages can be sent to NVC on different dates. Its really up to you if you want to send them together or separately. In my case I sent them separately.

The Journey Home

Naturalization

Timeline
Finally... After ages..

CASE COMPLETE!!!

What shall we do???

The AOS and IV Packages can be sent to NVC on different dates. Its really up to you if you want to send them together or separately. In my case I sent them separately.

thanks queue.... and there werent any probs coz of that.... its much easier for me this way coz hubby is deployed so we can email it on different dates

Timeline

You can't email the packages. If you are asking about the I-864(AOS) and DS-230(IV) packages, those have to be mailed to NVC since they require the original signed documents. When mailing the AOS and DS-230, sometimes you get a missing checklist document asking for the DS-230. This is commonly referred to as a False RFE, as it happend they finish reviewing the AOS package and look for the DS-230 to finish reviewing the case, they don't find it, so they send a missing checklist. That's the only problem that I came across during my case.

If you are talking about the AOS and IV Fees, you should pay those online, mailing a check or money order will only delay you.

The Journey Home

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can send them seperately, I sent my AOS package today as we haven't yet rec'd an IV invoice.

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Finally... After ages..

CASE COMPLETE!!!

What shall we do???

WOOHOOOOOOOO CANDID!! :dance: FINALLY!! GOOD 4 YOU!

We are now awaiting for hubby's signed DS 230 to arrive. Should be at the lawyer's office on Thursday. I hope to have both AOS and IV packet mailed to NVC by Friday or Monday at the latest. All up to how fast the lawyer will get a move on it after receiving hubby's paperwork. I hope he overnights everything come Friday!

Q and Seren, do you guys have our weekly thread? PM me if you get a chance.

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.