The_Dude

How do you know if you passed the medical????

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I went for my medical in Toronto on Monday (March 2nd).

Got there early, and was one of the first people in line, spent more time waiting then the actual stuff took.....

But when it was done, they never said anything about whether or not I passed....

I received the results back yesterday, and I know you're not allowed to open the brown envelope.... So how do you know if you've passed??????

There was a vaccination sheet on the outside, where the doctor had listed all of the vaccinations that I had, and when I got them, and there were some that were checked not eligible because of my age...... And for the gardasil (HPV) it said something about not enough time..... So on the bottom it mentions a waiver...

Does that mean that there's something wrong????

:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think everyone tends to forget that the panel physicians are actually Doctors. If there was something they wanted you to follow up with - they would have told you.

Sounds like this vaccination attachment is a new thing - also sounds harmless enough. If you are unsure, why not give the panel physician's office a call - oh and let us know what you find out!

Aside from that - things that would be in the medical that might bite you later are things like previous drug use or alcohol dependancy etc - if none of those types of things are an issue for you - I wouldn't worry about it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You know, we all are worrying too much - in general, Canadians have great healthcare, the usual vaccinations are standard so I doubt there's much for us to worry about.

If we were coming from a 3rd world country, there would be a lot more to question - I have the waiver comment and everything was fine, no one said a word to me through all subsequent AOS stuff.

In my case - I did not get the standard Small pox vaccination when I was little because I happened to be sick at the time they were giving it. My brothers both have it, but I've never gotten it. i think that was the waiver on mine.

The whole medical thing is anoterh stressful part of the immigration process, but I think we can be thankful we've been well cared for in Canada!

yes...I am being disgustingly positive today :D

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha- I posted this same question last night! (go here to see it and the responses I got) My vaccination sheet is the same- we're fine :) Just need to get that last HPV shot when it is due.

Edited by to_hope

2004-09-03 : Met at college in USA and went on first date!

2008-01-02 : Married in Canada.

2008-01-07 : DH returns to USA.

2008-04-20 : Finally received marriage certificate from the province and filed 1-130 Petition.

2008-07-08 : I-130 Approved!

2008-09-15 : Received DS-230 and I-864.

2008-10-14: Mailed DS-230 and I-864

2008-10-30: DS-230 and I-864 received by NVC

2008-11-04: RFE

2008-11-18: Overnighted missing documents to NVC

2008-11-26: Case Complete at NVC!!

2008-03-02: Medical in Toronto

2009-03-23: Interview! Approved!

2009-04-04: The big move. POE: Blue Water Bridge. All went well.

2009-04-16: SSN arrives in the mail.

2009-04-24: PR card arrives in the mail.

Timeline

My Dr. said he'd let me know if there was something wrong.. no news is good news from my experience :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I worried too. Basically, I found out that if there is a problem they tell you. If there is no problem, they say nothing and you get the medical results. You may qualify for a medical waiver for the vaccination update because your vaccination history shows you have had all of the shots you need for your age group or it isn't time for the necessary booster of the gardasil shot. You may be fine just including your copy of the worksheet with your AOS instead of having to go and get a Civil Surgeon in the US to transfer your vaccination history. That is what happened to me - the medical waiver basically says your vaccination history is already complete and there is no need to do more. You can still submit the vaccination update, however, if you don't want to risk an RFE for it - USCIS never tells you if they officially grant the medical waiver or not!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Thank you all for replying...

I feel much better now.... :thumbs:

All thats left is the interview on the 16th, and then I can relax for a little while...

Is this Mel, of Rob and Mel!? Hi Mel! I'm sure it went fine, if there was a serious issue the doc is obligated to tell you. (for example, if someone's blood test came back HIV positive they HAVE to tell you!)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Yup its Mel....

With the medical being a big part of being approved or denied the visa, I just would have liked to have heard the words "you passed".....

It's been hard enough waiting for 9 months for all of this to come together, and not having a clear yes or no answer from the doctor freaked me out....

Tbh, throughout the entire medical, I felt more like cattle then a human being.....

Timeline
Tbh, throughout the entire medical, I felt more like cattle then a human being.....

:lol: Yep.. you did in fact do the medical!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Rob and Mel,

We were there the exact same day (3/2) for Duncan's med. exam. he got his paperwork yesterday, too. He also had a comment on there for a waiver, but his was about the Varicella (Chicken Pox). Duncan had Chicken Pox when he was a kid and told the Dr. that when asked. But, when I asked in another forum last night, someone came back and said to go and get the vax before he leaves Canada, b/c then the vax would be covered by OHIP. In addition, then it would be on the yellow immunization record sheet for when he comes over to the US and we go for the AOS. He can show the "updated" immunization record to the civil surgeon and get cleared.

In addition, I had to laugh when you made the comment about being moved along like cattle. I was across the street at the Starbucks, but as soon as I saw Duncan, he said he felt like he was going through a cattle chute. Too funny!

Good luck with your interview!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I had chicken pox, measles and mumps as a child. I was never vaccinated against them. That was all noted on my medical. I did not need to go and get a blood titer done nor did I have to go and be vaccinated. USCIS accepted the vaccination worksheet with that information and did not even require me to submit the vaccination supplement from the Civil Surgeon. I would hold off on re-vaccinating until you are told you need to. Having had most childhood illnesses generally confers lifelong immunity to that disease. Exceptions are very rare.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you all for replying...

I feel much better now.... :thumbs:

All thats left is the interview on the 16th, and then I can relax for a little while...

Our interview is on the 16th too! It's amazing how soon that's going to be!

When I picked up the medical results, the lady in the money collecting/results handing out room said something like "it's all good" when she passed me the package, so to me, that would indicate that if there was a problem they would bring it up. Hope so, at least... as someone mentioned, they are doctors... seems like it would go against their oath or whatever to not bring any problem to your attention.

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

Yup its Mel....

With the medical being a big part of being approved or denied the visa, I just would have liked to have heard the words "you passed".....

It's been hard enough waiting for 9 months for all of this to come together, and not having a clear yes or no answer from the doctor freaked me out....

HAHA! felt like that too!

I got mine done in Toronto... The lady who does all the office management stuff is super nice, her name is Irleen. She said they get your blood work back in two days, if there is anything 'abnormal', she calls you. And if you are missing vaccinations you should have, they send you home with a form to follow up with your Dr. So chances are, everything is fine.

speaking of which, I need to fax them something right now.... :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

July09Bride- I definitely agree with Kathryn. I had chicken pox as a child and they asked me approximately when and wrote down the date. I never had to have the vaccination and I was just fine. I would definitely hold off on re-vaccinating if you don't need to. I'm almost 100% positive you won't have any problems. My vaccination sheet said that I had it in a certain year. They're looking to make sure you've actually had the chicken pox or gotten the vaccine.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.