rsn

On-line status updates & SRN notices

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

A couple weeks ago, I called USCIS and asked them about a strange message regarding my case displayed online. Of course, no one at USCIS could make heads or tails of the message, so they filed a service request. However, I filed another couple service requests for similar issues on the same day. I received two notices in the mail, one was littered with typos, and the other seemed to be somewhat of a correction to the one with typos (it too contained some typos!).

Anyway, my first question is, how can I tell what SRN these notices are in reference to? Unfortunately, the notices I received are strangely worded and vague, so they could be an attempt to address any one of my SRNs, but I'm not sure which.

My second question: What is the consensus regarding the timeliness of the on-line status updates on USCIS.gov as of late? Is USCIS not updating case status regularly anymore? The status of my case online still contains the original strange message that no one at USCIS can seem to explain weeks after I inquired about it.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
A couple weeks ago, I called USCIS and asked them about a strange message regarding my case displayed online. Of course, no one at USCIS could make heads or tails of the message, so they filed a service request. However, I filed another couple service requests for similar issues on the same day. I received two notices in the mail, one was littered with typos, and the other seemed to be somewhat of a correction to the one with typos (it too contained some typos!).

Anyway, my first question is, how can I tell what SRN these notices are in reference to? Unfortunately, the notices I received are strangely worded and vague, so they could be an attempt to address any one of my SRNs, but I'm not sure which.

My second question: What is the consensus regarding the timeliness of the on-line status updates on USCIS.gov as of late? Is USCIS not updating case status regularly anymore? The status of my case online still contains the original strange message that no one at USCIS can seem to explain weeks after I inquired about it.

Calling the USCIS is a waste of time. Known as the "misinformation hotline on this site". USCIS timelines are worthless. My wife came on K-1, we married, she adjusted status and has her green card. Our online status (of the I-129 petition) is "received and pending". Nothing you have been told by USCIS is correct, they make no attempt to tell you anything correct. They attempt tp get you off the phone and prevent a repeat phone call. That is NOT cynicism, it is the truth.

Put you NOA1 in your timeline here and receive the best estimate you will ever get. Forget anything you see or hear from the USCIS until you receive an RFE or approval notice in the mail

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Calling the USCIS is a waste of time. Known as the "misinformation hotline on this site". USCIS timelines are worthless. My wife came on K-1, we married, she adjusted status and has her green card. Our online status (of the I-129 petition) is "received and pending". Nothing you have been told by USCIS is correct, they make no attempt to tell you anything correct. They attempt tp get you off the phone and prevent a repeat phone call. That is NOT cynicism, it is the truth.

Put you NOA1 in your timeline here and receive the best estimate you will ever get. Forget anything you see or hear from the USCIS until you receive an RFE or approval notice in the mail

This is consistent with my experience with the USCIS as well. Glad to know our government is so well-organized and competent. Sigh. Thanks for sharing. I still think I'll call USCIS from time to time anyway, just to let them know that I'm watching. Maybe they'll get tired of hearing from me and approve it quicker. I know, wishful thinking, but I need a hobby I guess.

Timeline

Your time may be better spent accumulating additional evidence of ongoing relationship, such as emails, chat logs, phone bills, packages/envelopes sent with accompanying cards/letters, etc. Your fiancée can do the same from her end.

Timeline
Your time may be better spent accumulating additional evidence of ongoing relationship, such as emails, chat logs, phone bills, packages/envelopes sent with accompanying cards/letters, etc. Your fiancée can do the same from her end.

We rarely chat online, and I don't like the idea of saving and including chat logs. We don't send anything snail mail either, but I have receipts of flowers I have sent her. We talk on the phone often and I keep detailed phone records of our conversations and back those up every week. Also, emails are categorized as well. I just bought tickets to visit again in a couple months, which is of course additional proof of an ongoing relationship, and additional photos of this and future trips will be archived as well. I am well on top of the ongoing relationship proof. I agree, this is important though, from what I have read.

Edited by rsn

Timeline

This is consistent with my experience with the USCIS as well. Glad to know our government is so well-organized and competent. Sigh. Thanks for sharing. I still think I'll call USCIS from time to time anyway, just to let them know that I'm watching. Maybe they'll get tired of hearing from me and approve it quicker. I know, wishful thinking, but I need a hobby I guess.

I really wish everyone would quit using their useless online system and then they couldn't justify spending 47 billion, or whatever it is they confiscate from our earnings for it

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

just fyi... the immigration process is funded by our petition fee's ..not our tax dollars. ;) Incorporating data into an SQL database from the main source doesn't take too much. Probably why it's not as accurate as we'd like it tho. ;)

OP... the VJ estimated timelines are much more accurate. good luck.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
just fyi... the immigration process is funded by our petition fee's ..not our tax dollars. ;) Incorporating data into an SQL database from the main source doesn't take too much. Probably why it's not as accurate as we'd like it tho. ;)

Then let's boycott the useless waste and maybe our fees will get lowered or they will hire an additional adjudicator.

As I stated above, I agree with you about the VJ timelines. The best!!!!!!!!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Then let's boycott the useless waste and maybe our fees will get lowered or they will hire an additional adjudicator.

As I stated above, I agree with you about the VJ timelines. The best!!!!!!!!

What really ticks me off is that VJ's timeline are merely a consolidation if USCIS results which means they could do the same! But they choose not to, their information site is calculated to prevent phone calls and letters to congressmen

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.