1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm so happy for all you guys. It's good to hear that things are finally starting to improve for some of us stuck in this dreaded limbo.

I can't wait to get done with this and be together with my fiance.

What do you guys think we should do. We haven't gotten anything from them except this email, which seems to suggest that we should just shut-up and wait for another 6 months.

" The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

>

> Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, you may contact us by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated.

>

>

>

> If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

What is that supposed to mean. My fiance went and got an infopass appointment and they told her they don't know anything and we should just wait.

We are in the process of writing a letter to her Senator, anything else we should be doing.

Our lawyers tells us all of this is useless and we should just wait.

Anyone else get a similar email and what did they do?

PS: we got touched on Sept 18 (two days after the email) nothing after that. :(

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we got our congressman involved when we found out we were stuck in background checks at csc..within a week we had noa2. try your congressman senator.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
we got our congressman involved when we found out we were stuck in background checks at csc..within a week we had noa2. try your congressman senator.

Hi

I was wondering that since youre also from chicago like my fiance, could you tell me who you got in touch with?

I figure that someone who has a proven track record is probably the best choice. We were thinking Sen. Durbin...

Also do you think that we waited too long.

lastly I lawyer said he would get in touch with the Senator; should we let him do it or so it ourselves....OR do both ways?

Edited by soulreaper83

Timeline

Any new news on your front?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Hi

I was wondering that since youre also from chicago like my fiance, could you tell me who you got in touch with?

I figure that someone who has a proven track record is probably the best choice. We were thinking Sen. Durbin...

Also do you think that we waited too long.

lastly I lawyer said he would get in touch with the Senator; should we let him do it or so it ourselves....OR do both ways?

depends on which district you live. we chose the wrong congressman and he forwarded it on to the right one.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

yup. we noticed a mistake on our paperwork back in april and told lawyer to fix it. he never did. our paperwork made it all the way to the consulte and it was them that denied it and sent it back. after 7 months we are getting an RFE. i just got the email from CSC. and even though yes according to csc they made a mistake not noticing this, the expedite that the immigratin officer said they would do, was denied as well.

all in all the lawyer costed us 4 months of total bullsh1te. csc is backed up now, and telling us 3 months to process an RFE. And because of this i just know i'm going to end up in AP, so i'm expecting this whole process to take 2 years now. it's already been 7 months and with the wait for interviews at montreal the way it is..shrug. As it stands my sister has to move, so i'm going to be without a place to stay so i'm a have to move provinces back to ontario since i can't get a job in quebec due to my french sucking.

overall i'm completely demoralized atm. if i could go stay with David for a couple months i would..but i can't give enough proof of ties and i doubt noa2 would really make a difference since i was refused twice already at poe i'll get extra scrutinzed.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

yup. we noticed a mistake on our paperwork back in april and told lawyer to fix it. he never did. our paperwork made it all the way to the consulte and it was them that denied it and sent it back. after 7 months we are getting an RFE. i just got the email from CSC. and even though yes according to csc they made a mistake not noticing this, the expedite that the immigratin officer said they would do, was denied as well.

all in all the lawyer costed us 4 months of total bullsh1te. csc is backed up now, and telling us 3 months to process an RFE. And because of this i just know i'm going to end up in AP, so i'm expecting this whole process to take 2 years now. it's already been 7 months and with the wait for interviews at montreal the way it is..shrug. As it stands my sister has to move, so i'm going to be without a place to stay so i'm a have to move provinces back to ontario since i can't get a job in quebec due to my french sucking.

overall i'm completely demoralized atm. if i could go stay with David for a couple months i would..but i can't give enough proof of ties and i doubt noa2 would really make a difference since i was refused twice already at poe i'll get extra scrutinzed.

They denied it? Thats so stupid!! I am so sorry hon, I really truely am. I can't believe this has gotten so horrible for you.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Hey I'm really sorry that happened to you. This process is ridiculous!! :crying:

We are actually in a similar boat, we just realized our lawyer never asked us to write the "letter of intent" to marry; also i don't think he attached my fiance birth certificate (to prove that she is a citizen. When we spoke to him about it, he told us not to worry and that if USCIS needs anything they will send a RFE. We dont want to wait for that as it has already been almost 7 months!! What should we do to send the missing documents (how can we make sure they reach our file properly) The lady at the infopass told us that this cant be done, however, I have noticed people at on these forums who have taken preemptive measures and sent the missing documents before the RFE, any suggestions how to do that.

Lastly, don't lose hope. You guys will be together soon and then none of these difficulties will matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hey I'm really sorry that happened to you. This process is ridiculous!! :crying:

We are actually in a similar boat, we just realized our lawyer never asked us to write the "letter of intent" to marry; also i don't think he attached my fiance birth certificate (to prove that she is a citizen. When we spoke to him about it, he told us not to worry and that if USCIS needs anything they will send a RFE. We dont want to wait for that as it has already been almost 7 months!! What should we do to send the missing documents (how can we make sure they reach our file properly) The lady at the infopass told us that this cant be done, however, I have noticed people at on these forums who have taken preemptive measures and sent the missing documents before the RFE, any suggestions how to do that.

Lastly, don't lose hope. You guys will be together soon and then none of these difficulties will matter.

i made a potentially major typo on our I-129F form, but we were able to avoid delays (at least from my typo, i think). i typed my SSN on the form with one wrong number by mistake. we passed the 5 month mark in august, so i started to review our paperwork before contacting my congressman - that's when i found it. so after some FRANTIC phone calls to my fiancee, congressman, and uscis, i wrote a letter to explain the typo. later, we did get an RFE, but for unrelated issues. here's a copy of the letter that i sent.

August 13, 2009

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

24000 Avila Rd.

2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Re: Petition WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

On March 6, 2009, I submitted an I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancée, which was received by the USCIS California Service Center on March 9, 2009 and assigned case number WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX. As of today, August 10, 2009, my fiancée, Nirit, and I have not received an approval for this petition.

As we are approaching the end of the normal processing time, I have been reviewing our records and have discovered that there is a typo on our petition. My copy of the submitted petition shows my social security number as XXX-XX-OXXX, which is wrong. My correct social security number is XXX-XX-XXXX. I have included a copy of my social security card in order to verify this.

We hope that the discovery of this error will prevent any delay in our application process. In addition, I have thoroughly checked the rest of our I-129F petition, as well as our other submitted forms for errors.

Please direct any questions or requests for evidence to:

Justin

street address

city, state zip

Sincerely,

signature

Justin Date

in addition to the letter, i sent a copy of our NOA1 receipt and a copy of my SSN card. however, i overnighted my letter to the Avila Rd. address shown on my letter via UPS, which i would NOT recommend. we got a letter from uscis about a week later that included MY initial letter, which makes me think that they didn't even get my letter to the right people. i would recommend sending it to the PO box address found in the I-129F instruction. i also sent a copy of my letter to my congressman, who forwarded it to their uscis contact. we didn't hear anything for 3 weeks until we got the emailed RFE notice, but again, for unrelated issues.

we never used a lawyer, and it sounds like they are more trouble than they are worth. they clearly don't show the same sense of urgency and concern that you guys do. sorry, i just don't have a good impression of lawyers involved with these cases.

anyway, i hope this helps. you guys both deserve a break.

TIMELINE:

03.06.09 - Filed I-129F

03.09.09 - Received NOA1

09.14.09 - RFE received

09.16.09 - RFE response sent

09.22.09 - NOA2!!!

09.28.09 - Case received by NVC

10.01.09 - NVC sent case to embassy

10.07.09 - Consulate received case, packet 3 sent via email

10.12.09 - Packet 3 checklist sent to embassy

10.21.09 - Embassy received completed checklist

12.14.09 - Appointment letter issued

01.19.10 - Interview

01.28.10 - 2nd interview

02.10.10 - Visa in hand!!!

04.01.10 - POE in Chicago

04.23.10 - Marriage

05.11.10 - Filed AOS, EAD, & AP

Timeline

i made a potentially major typo on our I-129F form, but we were able to avoid delays (at least from my typo, i think). i typed my SSN on the form with one wrong number by mistake. we passed the 5 month mark in august, so i started to review our paperwork before contacting my congressman - that's when i found it. so after some FRANTIC phone calls to my fiancee, congressman, and uscis, i wrote a letter to explain the typo. later, we did get an RFE, but for unrelated issues. here's a copy of the letter that i sent.

August 13, 2009

24000 Avila Rd.

2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Dear Sir or Madam:

On March 6, 2009, I submitted an I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancée, which was received by the USCIS California Service Center on March 9, 2009 and assigned case number WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX. As of today, August 10, 2009, my fiancée, Nirit, and I have not received an approval for this petition.

As we are approaching the end of the normal processing time, I have been reviewing our records and have discovered that there is a typo on our petition. My copy of the submitted petition shows my social security number as XXX-XX-OXXX, which is wrong. My correct social security number is XXX-XX-XXXX. I have included a copy of my social security card in order to verify this.

We hope that the discovery of this error will prevent any delay in our application process. In addition, I have thoroughly checked the rest of our I-129F petition, as well as our other submitted forms for errors.

Justin

street address

city, state zip

Sincerely,

signature

Justin Date

in addition to the letter, i sent a copy of our NOA1 receipt and a copy of my SSN card. however, i overnighted my letter to the Avila Rd. address shown on my letter via UPS, which i would NOT recommend. we got a letter from uscis about a week later that included MY initial letter, which makes me think that they didn't even get my letter to the right people. i would recommend sending it to the PO box address found in the I-129F instruction. i also sent a copy of my letter to my congressman, who forwarded it to their uscis contact. we didn't hear anything for 3 weeks until we got the emailed RFE notice, but again, for unrelated issues.

we never used a lawyer, and it sounds like they are more trouble than they are worth. they clearly don't show the same sense of urgency and concern that you guys do. sorry, i just don't have a good impression of lawyers involved with these cases.

Thats exactly what I'm worried about...that we send the missing documents and they just end up lying somewhere with no one paying any attention to it.

Also, you're absolutely right about lawyers. We felt that having one would give us an advantage, but from what i can tell so far its primarily been a disadvantage.

Lets see what happens. I have drafted a letter for the senator but i dont know what stuff is crucial that i add. Anymore ideas?

sorry I keep asking these questions, but i feel its better i ask them right now then realize we have messed something up again. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

August 13, 2009

24000 Avila Rd.

2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Dear Sir or Madam:

Justin

street address

city, state zip

Sincerely,

signature

Justin Date

Thats exactly what I'm worried about...that we send the missing documents and they just end up lying somewhere with no one paying any attention to it.

Also, you're absolutely right about lawyers. We felt that having one would give us an advantage, but from what i can tell so far its primarily been a disadvantage.

Lets see what happens. I have drafted a letter for the senator but i dont know what stuff is crucial that i add. Anymore ideas?

sorry I keep asking these questions, but i feel its better i ask them right now then realize we have messed something up again. :(

Make sure you let them know that you are past the 5 month processing time, and you want them to find out exactly where your petition is at in the process. According to my caseworker they don't seem to like it when you let them know that other cases are completed and you are still waiting. She told me that all cases are different. Just talk about your case and let them know that you are past the 5 month time and how difficult this has been for you and your fiance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our case is somewhat complicated, so I've worried quite often that maybe we should get a lawyer. We managed to get our I-129F approved, and with all the horror stories I read, sometimes I wonder if we're just as well on our own.

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation though. It's occasions like this that I feel angry at the USCIS that they could potentially deny a petition entirely on no grounds other than a simple and genuine mistake. After all the money they charge, it would be nice if they'd at least write to verify something if there's a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
I'm so happy for all you guys. It's good to hear that things are finally starting to improve for some of us stuck in this dreaded limbo.

What do you guys think we should do. We haven't gotten anything from them except this email, which seems to suggest that we should just shut-up and wait for another 6 months.

" The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

>

> Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, you may contact us by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated.

>

>

>

> If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

What is that supposed to mean. My fiance went and got an infopass appointment and they told her they don't know anything and we should just wait.

We are in the process of writing a letter to her Senator, anything else we should be doing.

I received the same email, and have gotten it actually 3 times. I involved my congressman, and received the same response. Don't get me started on lawyers, they haven't the authority to do anything, that you can't do your self. The only time they really are useful, I believe, is when you are actually in front of a board of immigration appeals, or some other authority in order to argue your case.

After following up with the NCSC via email, I have actually gotten a dialog started with the officer who has taken my emails, and hopefully it will lead somewhere.

Other than that, just waiting..............

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Seoul

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-06

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-07-02

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-15

NVC Received : 2009-10-24

Interview: 2009-12-17

Approval: 2009-12-30

POE (S.F.): 2010-01-06

Timeline

>

>

>

>

I received the same email, and have gotten it actually 3 times. I involved my congressman, and received the same response. Don't get me started on lawyers, they haven't the authority to do anything, that you can't do your self. The only time they really are useful, I believe, is when you are actually in front of a board of immigration appeals, or some other authority in order to argue your case.

After following up with the NCSC via email, I have actually gotten a dialog started with the officer who has taken my emails, and hopefully it will lead somewhere.

Other than that, just waiting..............

I just looked at your timeline, you most definitely are in the same boat as us. What did the officer tell you about the email and its meaning.

The thing that bothers us is that we have not even received an RFE or anything yet. It almost seems like that no one has looked at our file yet and that email is is sent to justify the delay on their end.

I hope that you're case is resolved quickly. Its sad that we are still stuck at this initial phase and still have many more of these government obstacles to go through, just to be with our loved ones. :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.