ARIANNA

Please advice!?!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We filled the I-129F back in March, got approved in September, I entered the US on a tourist visa last October, been here for 5 months now, we have a 3 year old daughter together that was born in Mexico but has her US Citizenship and is here in the US with us.

Asked around by phone to a couple of immigration lawyers and they said that I could do the following: We can get married now as I am (tourist) and avoid going down to CDJ for my interview and just change the satus and do the AOS. They said that I would not be banned from the country for misguiding and all that. Because I'm not, just things have changed a bit for us.

Can anyone tell me if this would be true?

We don't have money at the momment and going down for my fiance visa would run us around 1000 dollars, then 1100 for the AOS.

If we get married now they said I just do the AOS and a medical that is done here in US. True?

Would I be legal to stay once I file the AOS?

Please help me! I don't want to make a BIG mistake.

Thanks

Edited by ARIANNA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you are conserned with cost, the best thing to do is marry now here in the USA, and file an I-130 for a CR-1 Spousal visa. Return home and do not overstay your allowed visit.

You can always visit again while the I-130 is processing.

You will then interview in Mexico for a CR-1 immigrant visa.

K-3:

I-130: $355

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

Adjustment Of Status: $1010 I-485

($1496)

CR-1

I-130: $355

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

K-1 is $100 more than K-3

Another benefit of CR-1 is INSTANT green-card upon entry to the USA no adjustment needed, can take a job the moment you arrive.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
We filled the I-129F back in March, got approved in September, I entered the US on a tourist visa last October, been here for 5 months now, we have a 3 year old daughter together that was born in Mexico but has her US Citizenship and is here in the US with us.

Asked around by phone to a couple of immigration lawyers and they said that I could do the following: We can get married now as I am (tourist) and avoid going down to CDJ for my interview and just change the satus and do the AOS. They said that I would not be banned from the country for misguiding and all that. Because I'm not, just things have changed a bit for us.

Can anyone tell me if this would be true?

We don't have money at the momment and going down for my fiance visa would run us around 1000 dollars, then 1100 for the AOS.

If we get married now they said I just do the AOS and a medical that is done here in US. True?

Would I be legal to stay once I file the AOS?

Please help me! I don't want to make a BIG mistake.

Thanks

You might be successful doing that depending one what "changed a bit". However, the cost of that kind of AOS is $1,365 in fees, so it's not just a matter of paperwork. All the previous fees you paid would be wasted and the medical is likely to cost more here too. It will save you money overall if the travel costs are a thousand dollars. Your call.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thank you!

Can anyone indicate any links to find out how to proceed to do this?

What forms are do I submit in this case?

Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The link sent me to one where it says "Filing from abroad"

I am here in the US and will be getting married in a few days and filing for my AOS. I think it will be the best thing.

So how do we do this?

We send out the:

I-130

I-485

I-765

I-864

G-325a

All at the same time in the same package?

I've been going throught the uscis.gov site and here and I'm getting a bit confused with this.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The link sent me to one where it says "Filing from abroad"

I am here in the US and will be getting married in a few days and filing for my AOS. I think it will be the best thing.

So how do we do this?

We send out the:

I-130

I-485

I-765

I-864

G-325a

All at the same time in the same package?

I've been going throught the uscis.gov site and here and I'm getting a bit confused with this.

Thanks

Yes, and in addition, the sealed envelope containing I-693 from the medical exam from a US civil surgeon

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.