SoLiEL

Intent to marry...

19 posts in this topic

Some website guides for the K1 application suggested that along with the letter of intent to marry we should also show proof of planning a wedding for example: Banquet hall receipt, Engagement/Wedding ring receipt, photographer contract...etc.

We sent these receipts with our K1 Visa application...did anyone else do this...if so did it speed up your process being that you have a set wedding date? :huh:

Our Journey

7/03 - Mailed AOS & EAD

7/09 - Fed Ex Package Arrived at Chicago

7/14 - AOS/EAD Notice Date.

7/15 - Check Cashed

7/18 - AOS/EAD Noa 1 Received.

7/21 - Biometrics appt letter received.

8/07 - Biometrics appointment.

9/06 - Received email EAD in production.

9/10 - Received 2nd email EAD in Production.

9/15 - Received EAD.

SoLiEL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I hope it's not required! I know I didn't include any of that because ...well, we haven't planned the wedding at all. How can you plan for something when you have no idea when it will take place? With this new IMBRA law, who knows how long it will take to approve visas. I don't know if I'm the only one who doesn't really have any "real" plans.

Edited by grismar

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Some website guides for the K1 application suggested that along with the letter of intent to marry we should also show proof of planning a wedding for example: Banquet hall receipt, Engagement/Wedding ring receipt, photographer contract...etc.

We sent these receipts with our K1 Visa application...did anyone else do this...if so did it speed up your process being that you have a set wedding date? :huh:

Its not required nor will it speed up anything. They will get around to your application in the order that it was received just like the rest of us.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Its not required nor will it speed up anything. They will get around to your application in the order that it was received just like the rest of us.

In fact, USCIS strong recommends that you make NO plans based on petition/visa approval since there is no way to know how long the process will take. You have to keep in mind requests for additional evidence, lost files, the great IMBRA ####-up, name hits, etc.

Nothing is gonna speed this up . . . think about that - if all you had to do is plan a wedding and show proof in order to get your file processed faster, everyone would do it.

In fact, USCIS strong recommends that you make NO plans based on petition/visa approval since there is no way to know how long the process will take. You have to keep in mind requests for additional evidence, lost files, the great IMBRA ####-up, name hits, etc.

Nothing is gonna speed this up . . . think about that - if all you had to do is plan a wedding and show proof in order to get your file processed faster, everyone would do it.

Yes, I know its not a requirement, at least the place I booked will let me post pone the wedding as many times as I want...so I'm not losing money on that.

Our Journey

7/03 - Mailed AOS & EAD

7/15 - Check Cashed

9/15 - Received EAD.

SoLiEL

I don't think intent to marry is even reasonable. Many people may want a small civil ceremony with just a few people...how is one to provide proof of that? Should we show that we made reservations at the court house? :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Quite simply, all that is required is the letter of intent. You actually can slow the process by sending more then that. They will have to look at more evidence, and may get confused and think you are already married.

Also, I hope very much that you have researched how long it takes to get a visa from the DR consulate. I have heard the wait there can be years. I certainly think you should not be making wedding plans at the moment.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I don't think intent to marry is even reasonable. Many people may want a small civil ceremony with just a few people...how is one to provide proof of that? Should we show that we made reservations at the court house? :P

No one asked you to provide information on the details of your wedding. There is no reason to provide additional information. Simpy send a letter of intent from each of you and be done with it. In general, sending extra information (a million photos, emails, letters etc.) will SLOW DOWN the process - this is not the time to OVERsend - save all that extra information for the interview.

Fiancé Letter of Intent

(petitioner’s / beneficiary’s address)

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

(USCIS service center address)

or when submitting for interview

United States Department of State

United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]

[Embassy Address]

(date mm-dd-yyyy)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, (applicant’s or beneficiary’s name) , do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (petitioner’s or beneficiary’s name), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

(signature)

( print name)

It's not a requirement to send wedding plans proof...its very hard to plan a wedding without knowing when your Fiance will get approved. I was only curious to see if anyone else followed those suggestions.

And yes I know the interview waiting list for Dominican Republic is 14 - 18 months just about. ;)

Our Journey

7/03 - Mailed AOS & EAD

7/15 - Check Cashed

9/15 - Received EAD.

SoLiEL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, I didn't have wedding plans in my package, Ryan and I aren't having a wedding. Just getting married. Kinda saddens me. :(

Our Timeline:

05.18.2006-I-129F Petition sent to NSC

05.19.2006-I-129F Petition rec'd by NSC

06.02.2006-Rec'd NOA1

06.30.2006-Rec'd RFE

07.03.2006-Sent RFE to CSC

07.11.2006-RFE rec'd by CSC - Reply

09.11.2006-*APPROVED*

09.18.2006-Rec'd NOA2

09.29.2006-Sent I-129F pkg

10.04.2006-Rec'd I-129F pkg

10.06.2006-Embassy sent packet3

10.13.2006-Form DS-230 to New Delhi Embassy

10.26.2006-Rec'd initial packet3

11.08.2006-Rec'd police certificate

11.08.2006-Interview date thru email: DECEMBER 12, 2006 @ 8 AM

11.14.2006-Rec'd interview letter snail mail

11.18.2006-Medicals

11.22.2006-Rec'd medicals

12.01.2006-Packet4 to New Delhi Embassy

12.12.2006-Interview - Still need passport clearance & co-sponsor

12.20.2006-Sent co-sponsor info

01.03.2007-Rec'd papers & passport clearance

01.04.2007-Sent papers & passport to New Delhi Embassy - Rec'd

01.16.2007-Passport sent out

01.18.2007-Passport rec'd. No visa. Need more proof of relationship

01.24.2007-Sent more proof of relationship

02.03.2007-Rec'd proof

02.06.2007-Sent to New Delhi Embassy

03.07.2007-Rec'd passport. No visa

04.18.2007-CSC rec'd papers

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

???? reasonable?? Its required to show it.

your small civil was a result of your intent to marry.

Who asked for proof??

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Well, I didn't have wedding plans in my package, Ryan and I aren't having a wedding. Just getting married. Kinda saddens me. :(

You do not need to show proof of any wedding plans...it is not a requirement only intent to marry letters.

Our Journey

7/03 - Mailed AOS & EAD

7/15 - Check Cashed

9/15 - Received EAD.

SoLiEL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yeah, same here :( I don't want a rushed wedding that was put together at the last minute..I rather wait and have the real wedding on our anniversary.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Same here, we are doing a court house wedding. Maybe have an anniversary party next year or something. A wedding is just a day, a marriage is forever.

We have no proof of the fact that we are going to get married other than our intent to marry letters.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Same as Cristy :) We did send engagement ring receipts but we werent GOING to cos we were going to get the rings after I went over on K1, it just turned out that we got them early :) As it was - the flippin Embassy didn't ask to see the new letters of intent never mind the ring receipts (or the half a ton of other papers, inc the affadivit of support, I dragged with me to interview, talk about a let down!) :lol:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.