urgh

the interview :crying:

28 posts in this topic

RFE can be for any type of missing document, something that does not look right, so just be prepared, otherwise pretty anti climatic at that point

HI GUYS and LADIES missed ya - hope all you are doing welll

Cheerios!

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

what did u get an RFE for??

An RFE at interview stage is no big deal (unless you're on a tight deadline with an already booked ticket, of course)

I got one for a missing Affidavit of Support. It's a long story but the crux of it is that due to pressure from the congressman's office over here, London scheduled my interview before I'd sent back the final 'yes, I'm ready' form so I had to go with what I had to hand. They gave me precisely two days notice of my appointment :o :o :o and my (now) wife couldn't get a proof of employment letter to go with the affidatit in time. I was hoping that we'd be alright since the rules say that an affidavit is not required at K-1 interview if other proof can be established. I had hastily faxed paystubs, etc but the consular officer was adamant that he wanted an affidavit so he RFE'd me for one. He made it clear before I left though, that assuming the affidavit was adequate, he'd be approving me so I left with both a blue sheet and a big smile :) and went to make a happy international call from Bond St tube (expensive!!!). I mailed the affidavit a couple of days later (via SMS) and had my visa inside a week.

I agree though, that the interview is an anti-climax. I was expecting so much stress and pressure but it was a piece of cake and once I got to the CO, over in less than 5 minutes. It's no more difficult than going to the bank - you queue (lots), approach a glass-plated window, do some business, queue a bit more, go back, speak to the CO, answer a handful of questions and that's it. No stress required :D

Edited by JeremyR

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hopefully i will have my stupid interview end of the month or sooner. i just cant wait to resign at work... i work in a "sales" environment in one of the sinking banks..

RFE can be for any type of missing document, something that does not look right, so just be prepared, otherwise pretty anti climatic at that point

HI GUYS and LADIES missed ya - hope all you are doing welll

Cheerios!

Missed you to where the hell have you been

You dont even know that I have my interview on Friday!!!!

WELCOME BACK

oh my RFE was for the affadavit - we had been told misinformation about it and he wanted a new form done up and sent to the office asap. He was really nice though and told me everything else was just fine and thats just want he wanted. My stressful thing was this interview was 3 weeks before our wedding date (dont ask - is stupid to book wedding date before visa but we didnt know at this point) and I freaked. But, my mother in law and then fiance got the paper work done, sent to me and then I had to call the courier to get it there. My mother in law contacted her congressmans office to speed things up and they said the embassy had got and and would work on it. The day after they got the new paperwork, they issued the visa and I got it the next day - flew to the US two days later! lol. All in all is was actually only a week delay, which is pretty amazing.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Darren called me after the interview (4AM)...He was quite relieved ("That was it!?!?), but I cried like a baby!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

I had a few tears, but then i cry at anything these days...damn hormones! lol

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
oh my RFE was for the affadavit - we had been told misinformation about it and he wanted a new form done up and sent to the office asap. He was really nice though and told me everything else was just fine and thats just want he wanted. My stressful thing was this interview was 3 weeks before our wedding date (dont ask - is stupid to book wedding date before visa but we didnt know at this point) and I freaked. But, my mother in law and then fiance got the paper work done, sent to me and then I had to call the courier to get it there. My mother in law contacted her congressmans office to speed things up and they said the embassy had got and and would work on it. The day after they got the new paperwork, they issued the visa and I got it the next day - flew to the US two days later! lol. All in all is was actually only a week delay, which is pretty amazing.

Hey, Flutter! Great to see you! Hope things are all hunky dorey for ya! :D

Hey, Flutter! Great to see you! Hope things are all hunky dorey for ya! :D

Hey guys! I have been back reading and lurking for awhile - been so busy working and doing school I haven't had time for internet fun but now its removing those conditions time!

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.