r0yalflush

error intent letter and missing airplane tickets please help

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First of all my sister who did my I-129F sent in the original airplane ticket. I need the original for my fiancee's interview. Can i go to the travel agency where i bought the airplane tickets from, and ask them to print a copy of the departure and arrival times? or what should i need to get?

Also, i think i made an error on the intent letter that i sent in along with the I-129F. Instead of fiancee, i put fiance. I mentioned fiance throughout the whole letter except for the last part which i accidently put wife. Please read my letter of intent to see if my story is good enough or fake.

Hi my name is ****** **** ******. I've been living at this address for almost 5 years, **** **** , san diego CA 92126. In this statement, i will explain how i met my fiance Tran Thi Yen Nham.

I went to Vietnam for the first time in December of 2006, i travelled to many different places and visited some of my relatives. One of my relative is my aunt named Dao, she lives in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I visited her for only a few days, because my time there was limited. That's when i first met my fiance, Nham. She was Dao's roomnate at the time, and also a very good friend of Dao's daughter named Thuy. My first impression of her was, i thought she was beautiful and very friendly. I really wanted to get to know her at the time, but i was a little shy, plus we didn't get the chance to socialize much, because she was busy with her own life. There was a few times we ate lunch together at Dao's house, and there's times when we just said hi to each other and smiled. We've talked a few times as friends. Unfortunately, i had to leave Vietnam the next day, going back to America.

We have known each other since then, but we didn't really keep in touch much until the second time i came back to Vietnam. That was in mid-April of 2008, my time there was for 2 months. I met Nham again at Dao's house. This time, she wasn't really busy, so we had more times together. We went out in a group of 4 people, me, Nham, Thuy, and her little brother Quyen. We went out for some drinks and ice creams, then we drove on our motorcycles as we watched the beautiful view of city lights together. The second day we went to a concert, it was very fun and exciting. We sat next to each others, as we watched the singers sang, i kissed her on the cheek, then she looked at me with a blushing smiles. This is when we both fell in love with one another. I stayed at a hotel named Cathy near my aunt's house. Nham, along with Thuy and Quyen came over to my hotel very often to hang out. We talked, listened to music on the laptop or watched movies together.

Almost 2 weeks later, I proposed to her at a very romantic place called Grammy in Ho Chi Minh City. Then we had our engagement party with her family, in her hometown Khanh Hoa, Nha Trang on May 11, 2008. The engagement party was in the morning, then we went to a nice beach with a few people on my side and hers. The beach was about an hour drive from her house. We took some pictures there as well. A few days later, we went back to my aunt's house in Ho Chi Minh City. Not long after, we went to visit my grandmother in Thoi Lai, which was about 6 hours drive. I went with my fiance and Thuy. We stayed there for about a week, since this place is a country, it was very quiet and quite pleasant. In front of my grandmother's house is a river. In the morning, my fiance and i, along with my uncle and a few others, went groceries shopping on a small boat. It was very sunny, so we had to used an umbrella. It was so much fun with many unforgettable memories. A week later, we went back to my Dao's house, that's when she found out she's prenant with my baby. That was the happiest moment of my life, knowing i have a beautiful wife, and a baby on the way. Not long after, my fiance and I went to her hometown, in Khanh Hoa, Nha Trang. We stayed there for about a week, then we went back to Ho Chi Minh city for the remaining one week left of my vacation. The night before i left, i decided to make a nice candle lights dinner with my fiance in my hotel room, she was very surprised. Sadly, the next day i was on the airplane, coming back to America in mid June of 2008.

After i got back to America, we still keep in touch very often. We either chat on yahoo messenger, or sometimes i just called her on my cell phone using the Savingcall v247 service. My wife is currently about 4 months pregnant. It has been very tough for both of us, since we have to be apart for so long. I'm currently working very hard to save up for our future when she comes over here, along with our new born baby. We will have our wedding in America after she gets here. I hope my wife and i will soon be united. Thank you very much.

Edited by r0yalflush

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I got all the pictures of us together of all the places i mentioned in the letter to back up what i said, such as pictures on the boat, candle lights dinner, beach, etc.

Edited by r0yalflush

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I saw something that could be a BIG red flag.

That was the happiest moment of my life, knowing i have a beautiful wife, and a baby on the way.

My wife is currently about 4 months pregnant.

You refer to her as your wife, but are petitioning for a K-1 fiancée visa.

Your letter of intent should be short and simple, like the example here on the site.

Just state you intend to marry within 90 days of arrival on the K-1 visa. Not how you met.

This letter you have is more for the question (18 on the 129f) of how you met. And even then, it should be fairly simple and direct. They do not care about a "romantic" meeting, they want you to describe the circumstances under which you met. (who introduced you, how you met, when you met, etc...)

I would take most of that stuff out you wrote. And like the other poster stated, she is not your wife yet, so don't refer to her as such.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
First of all my sister who did my I-129F sent in the original airplane ticket. I need the original for my fiancee's interview. Can i go to the travel agency where i bought the airplane tickets from, and ask them to print a copy of the departure and arrival times? or what should i need to get?

Also, i think i made an error on the intent letter that i sent in along with the I-129F. Instead of fiancee, i put fiance. I mentioned fiance throughout the whole letter except for the last part which i accidently put wife. Please read my letter of intent to see if my story is good enough or fake.

Hi my name is ****** **** ******. I've been living at this address for almost 5 years, **** **** , san diego CA 92126. In this statement, i will explain how i met my fiance Tran Thi Yen Nham.

I went to Vietnam for the first time in December of 2006, i travelled to many different places and visited some of my relatives. One of my relative is my aunt named Dao, she lives in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I visited her for only a few days, because my time there was limited. That's when i first met my fiance, Nham. She was Dao's roomnate at the time, and also a very good friend of Dao's daughter named Thuy. My first impression of her was, i thought she was beautiful and very friendly. I really wanted to get to know her at the time, but i was a little shy, plus we didn't get the chance to socialize much, because she was busy with her own life. There was a few times we ate lunch together at Dao's house, and there's times when we just said hi to each other and smiled. We've talked a few times as friends. Unfortunately, i had to leave Vietnam the next day, going back to America.

We have known each other since then, but we didn't really keep in touch much until the second time i came back to Vietnam. That was in mid-April of 2008, my time there was for 2 months. I met Nham again at Dao's house. This time, she wasn't really busy, so we had more times together. We went out in a group of 4 people, me, Nham, Thuy, and her little brother Quyen. We went out for some drinks and ice creams, then we drove on our motorcycles as we watched the beautiful view of city lights together. The second day we went to a concert, it was very fun and exciting. We sat next to each others, as we watched the singers sang, i kissed her on the cheek, then she looked at me with a blushing smiles. This is when we both fell in love with one another. I stayed at a hotel named Cathy near my aunt's house. Nham, along with Thuy and Quyen came over to my hotel very often to hang out. We talked, listened to music on the laptop or watched movies together.

Almost 2 weeks later, I proposed to her at a very romantic place called Grammy in Ho Chi Minh City. Then we had our engagement party with her family, in her hometown Khanh Hoa, Nha Trang on May 11, 2008. The engagement party was in the morning, then we went to a nice beach with a few people on my side and hers. The beach was about an hour drive from her house. We took some pictures there as well. A few days later, we went back to my aunt's house in Ho Chi Minh City. Not long after, we went to visit my grandmother in Thoi Lai, which was about 6 hours drive. I went with my fiance and Thuy. We stayed there for about a week, since this place is a country, it was very quiet and quite pleasant. In front of my grandmother's house is a river. In the morning, my fiance and i, along with my uncle and a few others, went groceries shopping on a small boat. It was very sunny, so we had to used an umbrella. It was so much fun with many unforgettable memories. A week later, we went back to my Dao's house, that's when she found out she's prenant with my baby. That was the happiest moment of my life, knowing i have a beautiful wife, and a baby on the way. Not long after, my fiance and I went to her hometown, in Khanh Hoa, Nha Trang. We stayed there for about a week, then we went back to Ho Chi Minh city for the remaining one week left of my vacation. The night before i left, i decided to make a nice candle lights dinner with my fiance in my hotel room, she was very surprised. Sadly, the next day i was on the airplane, coming back to America in mid June of 2008.

After i got back to America, we still keep in touch very often. We either chat on yahoo messenger, or sometimes i just called her on my cell phone using the Savingcall v247 service. My wife is currently about 4 months pregnant. It has been very tough for both of us, since we have to be apart for so long. I'm currently working very hard to save up for our future when she comes over here, along with our new born baby. We will have our wedding in America after she gets here. I hope my wife and i will soon be united. Thank you very much.

Your intent letter is 4 paragraphs too long. VJ has excellent fiancee intent letters which I used, verbatim, except to inseryt our names. The more you write, the more you have a chance to mess up.

Sorry, but it is neigh on impossible for anyone here to do you any good. What is done is done, various critiques will only cause you worry. Given what I have seen from reports of HCMC you have, at minimum, let your fiancee in for a whole lot more questions. More questions, more chance to mess up. And it doesn't take much. It would be best if your fiancee, since she is the one that will have to explain you literary tome, is fully and completely aware of this so she can answer all the questions and avoid a 221g letter.

If you sent the original plane tickets with the petition, they should have them at the consulate for the interview. Good luck with that. The travel agency cannot give you anything which would be acceptable. They do not accept itineraries, schedules, etc as it is NOT proof of travel but proof of travel PLANS. They WILL accept boarding passes and passport stamps as proof of travel. Hopefully your sister kept a copy of everything, correct? Maybe bringing a copy of the boarding passes you sent would be helpful. Hopefully HCMC will have your "tickets" by which I presume you mean boarding passes.

PS, you carefully eliminate your name from your post for privacy and put hers right out there. Good move.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Can i go to the travel agency where i bought the airplane tickets from, and ask them to print a copy of the departure and arrival times? or what should i need to get?

This will not be sufficient evidence of a flight. Only the boarding pass (which means you actually got on the plane) will count. Anyone can print of a schedule and say "this is when I went..." "sure....."

Your next piece of evidence will be passport stamps/visas during that time frame.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Oh god, i want to shoot myself right now. My sister told me what to do, and i did exactly what she said. At the time of filling out the I-129F, i did not know a thing about how to make everything right. I did not even know VJ exist. I wish i could do it all over and it'll be 1000x better after learning so much here at VJ. God the "wife" part, that was an an accident, but i did state that we will get marry once she gets here. She sent in the original boarding passes( did not make copies of them), emails, chat logs, all those stuff needed for the ON GOING relationship. God i got screwed over so bad. I hope i don't get denied instead just an RFE. I wrote the letter too long with too much details, if she was asked the questions requarding that letter, she will know how to answer it because she would never forget all those moments we spent and treasured. All i can do now is pray and pray that i will not get denied. By the way, it has been exactly 6 months since i got the NOA1, and still nothing , not even a touch :innocent: there goes my future :crying:

Timeline
I saw something that could be a BIG red flag.

That was the happiest moment of my life, knowing i have a beautiful wife, and a baby on the way.

My wife is currently about 4 months pregnant.

You refer to her as your wife, but are petitioning for a K-1 fiancée visa.

If they read the letter, they will understand that its a typo. I mentioned fiance through out the whole letter except for the last part, they could see this is a typing error. I HOPE

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Your letter of intent should be short and simple, like the example here on the site.

Just state you intend to marry within 90 days of arrival on the K-1 visa. Not how you met.

This letter you have is more for the question (18 on the 129f) of how you met. And even then, it should be fairly simple and direct. They do not care about a "romantic" meeting, they want you to describe the circumstances under which you met. (who introduced you, how you met, when you met, etc...)

I would take most of that stuff out you wrote. And like the other poster stated, she is not your wife yet, so don't refer to her as such.

is it important to write who introduced us? i only wrote when we met, which was during my trip to pakistan some years ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

To the OP, is this your letter of intent or how we met answer (Q 18)?

If it makes you feel any better, I wrote a long letter for Q 18, including a few romantic moments, and at the end wrote "We plan on being married soon after he arrives at the Circuit Court in ****, VA" and I signed it. This was my #18 AND my "letter of intent" combined. I did not have a letter of intent signed by my fiance. Of course, I also hadn't found VJ when I sent in my I-129F package. However, I just received my NOA2 and did not get an RFE. If anything, depending on who adjudicates your package, you may get an RFE, but most likely not denial.

Best wishes!

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey man, I know how it feels to mess something up.. But don't fuss over the past.. And Don't listen to the people who would say "Dude you screwed up"

What you need to do now is Hope for best (the people reading your letter are human too!) It might not be a big deal!

And more importantly Be prepared for the long battle that means earning some cash for some plane tickets to visit your girl if the process drags,

also to Study up on this stuff and be well informed for the future.

"where there's life there's hope"

:thumbs:

Service Center : California Service Center........Consulate : Tokyo

Igor's list #956 as of 2-28-09

Igor's list #849 as of 3-2-09 :)

Nov-21-2007: First met online

Aug-11-2008: Yuki's First trip to USA (two weeks)

Sep-18-2008: Yuki's Second trip to USA (three months)

Dec-18-2008: Our lawyer Sent out I-129F

Jan-6-2009: NOA1

Mar-18-2009 NOA2!!!!!!!!

yukiandjeremy2.jpg

Timeline
Oh god, i want to shoot myself right now. My sister told me what to do, and i did exactly what she said. At the time of filling out the I-129F, i did not know a thing about how to make everything right. I did not even know VJ exist. I wish i could do it all over and it'll be 1000x better after learning so much here at VJ. God the "wife" part, that was an an accident, but i did state that we will get marry once she gets here. She sent in the original boarding passes( did not make copies of them), emails, chat logs, all those stuff needed for the ON GOING relationship. God i got screwed over so bad. I hope i don't get denied instead just an RFE. I wrote the letter too long with too much details, if she was asked the questions requarding that letter, she will know how to answer it because she would never forget all those moments we spent and treasured. All i can do now is pray and pray that i will not get denied. By the way, it has been exactly 6 months since i got the NOA1, and still nothing , not even a touch :innocent: there goes my future :crying:

You will probably not get denied at the USCIS level and sending too much is just not needed. Your proble is you will need "proof of ongoing relationship" at the interview. Hopefully you have passport stamps? Your sister didn't send the original passport I hope! You will also have comunication and maybe another visit or two before the interview? Maybe you should plan on that.

When you file the petition, and this is for AG83's question also, you do not need to mention anything about ongoing relationship or when you got engaged. I used the sample "fiancee" letters exactly verbatim, except name changes, and my description of "meeting in person in the last two years" could almost fit in the space provided on the form ....."returning from a trip to Ukraine, I had an overnight layover in Prague CZ. I met Alla in the line to buy bus tickets to the hotel" Without looking it up, that was it, give or take a word or two. One photo of us together, copies of passport stamps and boarding passes. Nothing else.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Hey man, I know how it feels to mess something up.. But don't fuss over the past.. And Don't listen to the people who would say "Dude you screwed up"

What you need to do now is Hope for best (the people reading your letter are human too!) It might not be a big deal!

And more importantly Be prepared for the long battle that means earning some cash for some plane tickets to visit your girl if the process drags,

also to Study up on this stuff and be well informed for the future.

"where there's life there's hope"

:thumbs:

Yeah, you do not need to listen to people that tell you that you screwed up. Why do that?

Listen, you screwed up, OK. Yeah, we are all human, yeah we all make mistakes. Now, someone kind hearted, or soft headed or some combination thereof will tell you to "hope for the best" or to "light a candle" or some such horsepucky which won't do a damn bit of good for you. People that care about helping others, people like me that got a lot of help from this site and want to help others that helped them, will give it to you straight. Because the USCIS and, for sure, the embassy in HCMC will have no mercy on you.

Now you seem like a pretty "cool dude" When I make mistakes, and I damn sure do, I say "DOH!!!! What do I do now?" Then I figure it out and fix it, just like you will do. Cool, man. I dig a dude that admits his mistakes and fixes them. You won't need any hopes or dreams and only need candles (and maybe incense) when the lights go out. Right on, man!!!!! Make your own damn dreams come true!!!!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.