Paranoia

USCs - did you doubt at any point -?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I especially wanted to ask US citizens for whom the beneficiary is from central or western Europe (or other "low fraud" countries). Did you ever have an attack of paranoia about your SO's intentions (think they might just be after the green card)? If so, what convinced you otherwise? Do you know anyone who got deceived by a European fiance? What were the warning signs (if there were any)? Thank you!

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Nope. Most Western/Central Euro countries are quite nice. There generally is no significant advantage to moving to the US or visa versa immigration aside. That's the reason for the low fraud.

What is making you question your fiance's intentions?

Warning signs are usually unreasonable demands, hanging out with new friends that you never meet, pushing you for more money or other unusual demands. If you have had calls to the police that is a huge warning. It is time then to put her/him on a plane home.

If you have some unusual circumstances, you might try posting some for evaluation. But, bare in mind, that you are going to get unsolicited opinions from people with no familiarity in your case. But, you might find someone who had a similar experience and you can PM them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It may depend on how "being used for a green card" is coming into your mind. If a person has a good job and strong family ties where they are there isn't much to gain currently by getting a green card. If there is a worry about the other person having "another life" the sign are basically the same as outing a married person out for a good time. Something has started the basic thought of " he might only want a green card because .... " Whatever that reason is make a list of why you think that and why you think it just can't be true. For example if you think he has another life write down the whys and why nots. Put the list in your night stand for a week. Re read it. Hopefully you will just laugh and throw it away

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
It may depend on how "being used for a green card" is coming into your mind. If a person has a good job and strong family ties where they are there isn't much to gain currently by getting a green card. If there is a worry about the other person having "another life" the sign are basically the same as outing a married person out for a good time. Something has started the basic thought of " he might only want a green card because .... " Whatever that reason is make a list of why you think that and why you think it just can't be true. For example if you think he has another life write down the whys and why nots. Put the list in your night stand for a week. Re read it. Hopefully you will just laugh and throw it away

what are the "high fraud countries"?.........................

I29F sent 2008-01-07

NOA1 2008-01-30

NOA2 2008-05-29

NVC Rec'd 2008-06-04

NVC Left 2008-06-05

Consulate 2008-06-09

Packets 3&4 2008-06-25

INTERVIEW.....RESCHEDULED

THIS JUST BLOWS....waiting for police certificate....

he got the pcc.......an was unable to use it....this was a horrible process,and i would never do it again....

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

what are the "high fraud countries"?.........................

Most anywhere outside the VWP. Notables include Nigeria, Morocco, Vietnam, Philippines, Russia.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I know that my husband (the USC) had some doubts for a while about how I would adjust to the US. He had been basically abandoned and financially screwed by his ex-wife and simply wasn't sure if he could handle that kind of pain again. He didn't doubt my intentions, but feared I would just not like it here at all and want to go back to Germany, which for him would not have been an option for various reasons.

Which advantages would your fiance(e) gain with the GreenCard? Most of the Western Europeans I know that live in the US moved here because their spouses couldn't find work in the alien's home country (due to language issues), not because they absolutely wanted to come to the US (even though they like it here now).

Not sure what warning signs would be, if any...

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

someone told my cosponsor that my foreign fiance was paying me thousands of dollars to marry him so he can get a green card. why didn't i know about this and where's my money??? :crying: obviously some people love to hate. have i ever doubted it? yes. do i now? no. i spotted him...and he convinced me it was love at first sight.

Nope - no worries about that.

Umit all ready has a B2 visa, she has a good job in Turkey, could probably get a job visa here in the states by herself...

so she is doing me a favor coming here :wub: :wub:

"I love my jelly bean"

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

If you even have to ask the question of doubt, means something isn't right. Go with your gut.

I think saying if the country is on the VWP, that its less fraudulent is inaccurate. Ireland is on VWP and there are a ton of illegals in Chicago.

Be cautious & investigate your suspicions.

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.