tonytd

Second Interview? Blue Slip questions from Vietnam

14 posts in this topic

We are doing the K-1 visa and my fiancee had her interview but got the blue slip from the Vietnam Embassy, I wrote the date that I went back to Vietnam as February 2007 but they were expecting January 27th, 2007. (I messed up the date) Which is the exact date that I came back. So now they asked me to rewrite our entire story again and give more evidence. I am currently in Vietnam right now to go with my fiancee to turn in all these documents again and more evidence.

My question is, we have pictures of our us with our friends and family, etc but the lawyer over in Vietnam said that we should only turn in pictures of us two, with no one else in the pictures. I thought that it would be better that we have pictures of our friends and families partying together. Any thoughts on this?

Also when my fiancee had her first interview I could not make it to Vietnam which was in January, now she got the blue slip is there going to be another interview? Are they going to interview me as well since I am here? We are just very nervous because it has been 3 years for this process and it has been killing us. Every little mistake has cost us months..If they are going to interview me.. I want to be really prepared! Thanks...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What exactly did the blue sheet say? You need to address everything they ask for. If you've had some bumps in the road due to mistakes this is the last chance to make it correct and true.

You will submit the information requested and they will evaluate.

HCMC typically won't talk to the USC. We just stand outside the gate across the street and wait. So be sure that you submit EVERYTHING that is listed on the blue sheet.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

This is exactly what is say..

* The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you have found ineligible under the foollowing section (s) of the US. Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended:

* Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.

* Based on the information ascertained through the visa interview and through documentary materials, consulate officers do not believe that there is a bona fide fiance' (e)/spousal relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary. If you have any other evidence to present which would convince a reasonable person that teh relationship exists for a reason other than immigration, please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.

* PETITIONER: In a sworn, notarized statement, please provide a detailed chronology( timeline) of your relationship.Please explain clearly when and how you first met, how you were introduce and when you began corresponding with each other, when you felt your relationship became serious, date and circumstances of marriage proposal (location, time, setting, etc...) .. Did spouse/fiance(e) propose in person or by phone ? where were you when s/he propose ( give exact location)? Did you accept immediately or ask for time to think about it? if s/he did not officially propose, when did you first discuss marriage? How many trips did you make to Vietnam to vistit your spouse/fiance'(e)? How many times have you seen him/her in total how long did you stay each visit? please give as many details as possible.

WARNING: IF YOU FAIL TO TAKE THE ACTION REQUESTED OR FAIL TO PRESENT ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE SUFFICIENT TO OVERCOME YOUR VISA DENIAL UNDER SECTION 221(g)OF THE ACT REQUIRES THAT YOUR APPLCATION BE CANCELLED.

I finished writing an 11 pages essay telling pretty much exactly our relationship, even my parents trip over there to meet her but without me. So should I include some more pictures with these documents? Should I also include pictures of us and our friends. The "lawyer" lady said that we should only submit pictures of just me and her, but wouldn't it be better for pictures of all the people we hang out with? I am just worried that my fiancee have trouble answering more questions... she does really elaborate more on the questions like I would... so i am worried..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
This is exactly what is say..

* The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you have found ineligible under the foollowing section (s) of the US. Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended:

* Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.

* Based on the information ascertained through the visa interview and through documentary materials, consulate officers do not believe that there is a bona fide fiance' (e)/spousal relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary. If you have any other evidence to present which would convince a reasonable person that teh relationship exists for a reason other than immigration, please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.

* PETITIONER: In a sworn, notarized statement, please provide a detailed chronology( timeline) of your relationship.Please explain clearly when and how you first met, how you were introduce and when you began corresponding with each other, when you felt your relationship became serious, date and circumstances of marriage proposal (location, time, setting, etc...) .. Did spouse/fiance(e) propose in person or by phone ? where were you when s/he propose ( give exact location)? Did you accept immediately or ask for time to think about it? if s/he did not officially propose, when did you first discuss marriage? How many trips did you make to Vietnam to vistit your spouse/fiance'(e)? How many times have you seen him/her in total how long did you stay each visit? please give as many details as possible.

WARNING: IF YOU FAIL TO TAKE THE ACTION REQUESTED OR FAIL TO PRESENT ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE SUFFICIENT TO OVERCOME YOUR VISA DENIAL UNDER SECTION 221(g)OF THE ACT REQUIRES THAT YOUR APPLCATION BE CANCELLED.

I finished writing an 11 pages essay telling pretty much exactly our relationship, even my parents trip over there to meet her but without me. So should I include some more pictures with these documents? Should I also include pictures of us and our friends. The "lawyer" lady said that we should only submit pictures of just me and her, but wouldn't it be better for pictures of all the people we hang out with? I am just worried that my fiancee have trouble answering more questions... she does really elaborate more on the questions like I would... so i am worried..

I would asume include the pictures that you have with family. Its better to have more than none. Good luck with the rest but make sure you include alot of evidence.

Timeline

How long have you known her? How did you meet? How many times did you go to see her? What is the basic timeline of your relationship? Did you two have a dam hoi ceremony?

Be sure that the letter/essay is easy to read and understand. By that I mean is your response has to give the info in an easy to understand manner. Saying how much you love eah other over and over isn't going to help. Giving the evidence "facts" is what is needed.

What type of photos did you include before? Did you submit all the chat/phone logs from your entire relationship? Was your fiance able to tell them your "love story" or was she unsure of dates, details of your life, etc.?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

When she first had her interview they only asked for information on our first meeting 2006, we did not have that much email cause I lost most of it... for photos she gave them our entire album, our engagement ceremony, us going out, etc.. They didn't ask for anything else... When she got interview they did not ask her much about our story, they nit picked on the date I wrote wrong in my first paper... Should we give them EVERYTHING? because when I was in the U.S I had a RFE and I sent them only my phone bills, letters she wrote me... should we turn those in too? This is so confusing because I don't get to go in with her.. be easier if I can just talk to them...hopefully everything goes well..

We are doing the K-1 visa and my fiancee had her interview but got the blue slip from the Vietnam Embassy, I wrote the date that I went back to Vietnam as February 2007 but they were expecting January 27th, 2007. (I messed up the date) Which is the exact date that I came back. So now they asked me to rewrite our entire story again and give more evidence. I am currently in Vietnam right now to go with my fiancee to turn in all these documents again and more evidence.

My question is, we have pictures of our us with our friends and family, etc but the lawyer over in Vietnam said that we should only turn in pictures of us two, with no one else in the pictures. I thought that it would be better that we have pictures of our friends and families partying together. Any thoughts on this?

Also when my fiancee had her first interview I could not make it to Vietnam which was in January, now she got the blue slip is there going to be another interview? Are they going to interview me as well since I am here? We are just very nervous because it has been 3 years for this process and it has been killing us. Every little mistake has cost us months..If they are going to interview me.. I want to be really prepared! Thanks...

That's bullsh!t as my fiancee was denied and one reason was lack of pictures with me, her and her family.

Hopefully theywill interview you and you can tell it like it is. You being there is a BIG plus.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

The "nit picking" is them validating the story. You are having to prove that you two are marrying for legit reasons. And it's tough going in HCMC.

When she went for the interview she brought everything that you submitted from the beginning including for the 1st RFE plus any additional info based on the instructions she received from the consulate, correct? You can't skimp or take the easier way out here. Remember that they can only make decisions based on what is submitted. Better to overdo it, especially now because if this step doesn't work, the case gets cancelled. Give them everything that you have.

Did you lose e-mail because you changes services? Does she have her e-mails from that time? How did you meet? Are you both Viet? Think like the CO would think. What about your relationship, or the info you submitted would raise questions? Tell the story to your friends and let them try to shoot holes in the story. That way you can address the weak spots with proper evidence.

From what you are saying it sounds like you have not been as thorough as possible (checking dates, etc.). And your fiance might be nervous when talking to the CO. IS she able to speak to the CO in English or is she using the translator? There is a lot of pressure on the fiance to pass the interview. Make sure is felling confident going in there. Did/does she know your whole story(school, work, family, etc)? If she's shaky on your info and there are mistakes on your paperwork it doesn't come across a legit. They are not there to focus on typos. But if there are inconsistencies all along the way then it looks bad.

Post your timeline here on VJ. It will help others to get a sense of your story and what can help you.

WE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG... after 3 years and waiting finally.. and they didn't even interview her.. just turned in the timeline I wrote and they gave us the pink paper for the visa!!!!.. THANK YOU so much for all the input in here.. this site is awesome..... so much help and comforting.....

WE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG... after 3 years and waiting finally.. and they didn't even interview her.. just turned in the timeline I wrote and they gave us the pink paper for the visa!!!!.. THANK YOU so much for all the input in here.. this site is awesome..... so much help and comforting.....

Wow! What wonderful news! Congratulations! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

congratulations to both of you.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

Fantastic news!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

congrates

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.